• Announcements

• Reminder - MoDaCo position on illegal content   07/30/15

ILLEGAL CONTENT I'd like to just reaffirm MoDaCo's position regarding piracy and illegal content in the light of some recent questions / postings. Posts will be censored by myself or my moderation team if the contain or link to: Illegal / pirated / cracked software or sites that host such softwareNintendo emulators / ROMs or sites hosting them (in light of Nintendo's legal stance)CUSTOM ROMS You may discuss and post links to custom device ROMs on MoDaCo, provided the following rules are adhered to: ROMs must not contain any illegal 3rd party software (this includes trial versions included without permission)ROMs must give full credit to the original authorISSUES If you have any issues with this policy, please contact PaulOBrien directly via PM.
    • Reminder: Selling items on the forum directly is not allowed   07/30/15

Please note that selling items on the forum directly is not allowed by the forum rules. There is a forum for eBay auctions whereby you can list the items on eBay and link to them there. This is the ONLY forum for this type of activity. You may also advertise links to the eBay forum in your signature. Please note that selling directly in contravention of these rules will result in a warning / suspension / ban.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Insufficent Storage - Can someone explain

5 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

Hi all

Im new to Android and have upgraded the G300 to stock ICS firmware

Ive put in a 32gb SDcard

Now my issue is it seems I always seem to get the message of insufficient storage - the apps cant update themselves

Ive set the default storage to be the 32gb card

But when I look in the APPS menu the Downloaded section shows as nearly full - around 50mb free or so

Ive moved some of those apps to the SDcard - not sure if that does anything at all as the apps are still showing in the download section anyway

Can someone explain - doesnt make sense to me at the moment - what can I do?

Posted · Report post

I assume your phone is not rooted, so I'd suggest using link2sd or app2sd programsto move apps to sd. Anyway, you should see the difference in amount of free memory in download section at the bottom.

Posted · Report post

I assume your phone is not rooted, so I'd suggest using link2sd or app2sd programsto move apps to sd. Anyway, you should see the difference in amount of free memory in download section at the bottom.

Ive just updated to a new rom and it is rooted now - created 2nd partition on sdcard and set link2d as auto - should I set the default install location to sd too????

Posted · Report post

Did you create an ext3 or ext4 partition?

If so open links2sd and it should ask you how it was formatted, then it will create some script and ask you to reboot.

You can then open the app again and you should be able to link any apps you want...be careful moving system apps though.

As for choosing internal or external its up to you.

1 other thing to try is downloading apps2sd and that wi

l show you the apps that can be moved natively( no root needed)

Posted (edited) · Report post

Ive just updated to a new rom and it is rooted now - created 2nd partition on sdcard and set link2d as auto - should I set the default install location to sd too????

What rom are you on?

If still on stock ICS, try this:

It will use your internal 2GB for storing apps, which is great cause it is faster memory than external and not used otherways.

Edited by Dellboy2012