Android 4.2 - are you finding it buggy?

Guest Zarch1972

I'm with gitf@ce on the clock. Fortunately HD Widgets released a lockscreen widget a couple of days after the 4.2 update. I do like the design of the stopwatch part of the clock app though.

Guest anssi_s

Some things are annoying with 4.2 on my Galaxy Nexus, running MCR.

• Can't sync calendar to Outlook over bluetooth any more, using MyPhoneExplorer. Cable works but it's so 1990s...
  • Aeroplane mode, EasyProfiles can't toggle it any more. Apparently Google changed something and most things can't toggle it either. Well, the enhanced power menu in MCR works still but that's hardly the same thing.
  • Screen timeout, Easyprofiles used to be able to set it to 'never' which is great in the car. No go anymore, never is now about 10 seconds. The dev option to stop screen from sleeping when plugged in is a poor substitute since the screen still dims. But that's old.
  • Contacts (or People) crashes if I try to add an event to a contact so I can't see the "Decembergate". That may have to do with Touchdown though, it seems to meddle with my contacts more than it should.

Other than these issues everything works pretty much as before.

Nexus 7, I haven't noticed any problems yet but then I just upgraded yesterday. Running MCR on it too.

Guest xXBooSHXx

Nexus 7 (8gb) rooted and unlocked.

Had some issues on video playback (V Player)

A couple of reboots (strange crackling noise on restart)

Some lagging on certain apps - compatibility problems maybe.

Guest comicbookguy

airplane mode toggle now requires root privileges apparently

bluetooth stack & WiFi coding is different- Llama (an app that works like Tasker but is much easier to set up IMO) lost the ability to detect connected wireless networks and BT devices (wifi fix now in beta on the dev website)

Kobo lost my library & reading history

very erratic/intrusive auto brightness, on N7

Guest Chris Jenx

Bluetooth is the biggy for me, I thought my car stereo was buggered, but realised it was that A2D seemed really poor post 4.1. Going to assume its to do with the new bluetooth stack :(

Guest trishmac

I have twice today had dropped data signal on my N4 ..once greyed out completely and once showing 4 bars but not actually working at all. :( N7 seems fine..apart from a little unresponsive issue earlier. Hopefully Google are made aware of it. ;)

Hmm..bit gutted.. Loved this phone when I first got it.. Now dropping signal.. In the middle of calls.. not sending texts.. *sigh* :-\

Hopefully it'll get sorted.. if it's a 4.2 problem, or it's back to an HTC methinks :-)

• 1 month later...
Guest crystalRose

My S3 is running on 4.1.1 and I wanted to upgrade to latest version thank god I read this pots about the bugs in the new update. I am happy with my older version and its working very fine.

Guest omegavesko

My S3 is running on 4.1.1 and I wanted to upgrade to latest version thank god I read this pots about the bugs in the new update. I am happy with my older version and its working very fine.

Remember that a good bit of these were fixed in the update from 4.2.0 to 4.2.1.

I'm not even running a stable build and it's just as good as 4.1 for me.

4.2.1 fixed the december not being in the calendar and a small number of bugs, they released it quickly as there were only a few days left until december. I'd expect 4.2.2 to fix nearly all of the bugs whenever they release that.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.