[APK] Modified LatinIME - Larger keyboard and letters

Guest djuroue

Guest djuroue

Hi, i modified LatinIME.apk from Daz's CM9 R2 Build. For me, when typing text, letters on onscreen keyboard were too small. It happened too often to miss desired letter. So i made a modification to the original APK, which made on screen keyboard larger. Now it is much easier to type text..

I did not try it on other roms, but i think that it will work on every ICS... Backup original APK before trying this one ...

Installation instructions > Well, it's quite easy. By using root explorer (ex. ES File Explorer) rename original APK (/system/app/LatinIME.apk) to something, and in that folder you copy this APK. Reboot the phone and try it ...

Download link :

www.mediafire.com/?33h4ijn4vmld0ei

Screenshoot of original and modified keyboard ... Modified is RIGHT ...

Screenshot_2012-11-20-14-59-28.pngScreenshot_2012-11-20-13-36-43.png

Edited by djuroue

Guest djuroue

I just renamed original APK to LatinIME1.apk and pasted this one in system/app ... Then reboot.

p.s. This is not significant change, just enough for normal typing. Maybe some of you will notice no difference, but it is there... If you need an even bigger keyboard, i can make it for ya :D

Edited by djuroue

Guest djuroue

First of all, you must root your rom. Then Install ES file explorer from market and in settings enable root explorer and mount system files and folders writable. Then do that change of files .

• 3 months later...
Guest tillaz

Could you let us know how you did it. I wouldn't mind having a go at it.

decompile the apk and take a look at values\dimens.xml

change the values to your reqiured size

Guest Billy323

I like the added size but is there any way to move it up slightly as there is no space below keyboard and the space bar sits very close to the home button. It annoys me so much when i hit home instead of space and have to reopen app. i wouldn't mind a small reduction in size so its somewhere inbetween the two.

Guest plewis1981

I like the added size but is there any way to move it up slightly as there is no space below keyboard and the space bar sits very close to the home button. It annoys me so much when i hit home instead of space and have to reopen app. i wouldn't mind a small reduction in size so its somewhere inbetween the two.

I'll second that!

PS. Grate work works like a dream on the latest CM9