Jr10 **3G** (JDQ39 / 4.2.2): MoDaCo Custom ROM for the Nexus 7 3G

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest PaulOBrien

I'm just fixing the 'maps' crash that affects some operations in Facebook, Foursquare and Tweakdeck amongst others then i'll be ready to release the new version. :-)

P

Guest PaulOBrien

Jr3 is now in the kitchen ready for baking! :) The prebake will be online later today as soon as I have finished testing (and fixed an outstanding issue with the custom battery meters). :)

P

Changelog

5th December

• Updated all components to the latest release
  • Fixed embedded maps crash
  • All builds now include a customised version of the excellent 'Quick Settings' mod by kevdlui
  • A number of other small fixes and improvements
  • Added option to enable NFC when screen is off
  • Unified kitchen options across Nexus MCRs (some additional options available)

Guest PaulOBrien
Just curious, will there ever be another way to access the kitchen short of a one year subscription?

It's not planned... What did you have in mind? Something like £1 for 2 weeks or something completely different?

P

Guest kennyboy

It's not planned... What did you have in mind? Something like £1 for 2 weeks or something completely different?

P

Honestly, that might not sound so bad. But I'm not exactly sure.

I do understand the need to maintain the site, and was a subscriber several years ago (purely for kitchen usage I admit). Pre-bakes and kitchen differences/delays are part of the package - I would do the exact same thing if I was in the same position, not insinuating anything.

And that has lapsed, and now several years later I'm back to utilize the kitchen, and speaking from the consumer's POV, over the long term, how many times would I lapse and have to re-subscribe over the years?

Some would say to continue the subscriptions and be rid of such nonsense, but I'll be honest and say in the case of the N7 3G (and less popular devices), this are the only custom roms for now.

I don't know what would be the correct solution for misers like me, but your suggestion for a low fee for short time usage is decent. It does allow the user to look at the features added per update and decide whether to "donate". The possible stumbling block would be an update coming right after the 2 weeks "deadline" for "subscribers", and you'll get whiners who can't deal with that (or conspiracy theory nuts who would suggest updates are spaced just to milk them).

Not to mention, because updates are done on an as needed basis, one would question the basis for such short subs if they go over 10 updates in a year - might as well go full hog with a year's subscription. Aarrggggghhh....business decisions are just not in my foreseeable future. :( It's kinda like - I really want to utilize the kitchen, but the scrooge in me tells me - how many times do I have to do this every other year when the subscription lapse?

Guest Trepanator56

Jr3 is now in the kitchen ready for baking! :) The prebake will be online later today as soon as I have finished testing (and fixed an outstanding issue with the custom battery meters). :)

Waiting for Jr3 prebake... :ph34r:

Is ready today???

Thanks and regards...

Edited by Trepanator56

Guest Trepanator56

Jr3 donwloading... :)

Then I will tell you my impressions and feedback.

Thanks,

--------------------------------------

One question. Wipe's are need from Jr2 to Jr3 ???

Thanks,

Edited by Trepanator56

Guest PaulOBrien

Just a quick heads up that I have the fix for the occasional corrupt images done, I want to test fully then I'll upload. Thanks for your patience. :-)

P

Guest PaulOBrien

This fix has taken a lot longer than i'd have liked to get ready... but finally I have the fix for Google Now in landscape mod mode. I'll be uploading it soon before I issue the next set of prebakes. :)

P

gnowlsmod.png

Guest PaulOBrien

At a user's request i've packaged the 'Blue Circle Universal' battery theme by Spannaa for this ROM.

Download the APK from here - DOWNLOAD (ROMraid) - (MD5: db0d2294dc34b09c25cf2c26e0fba60e) and push to the device using 'adb remount' then 'adb push SystemUI.bcu.n73g.apk /system/mods/SystemUI.apk' and reboot to apply. :)

P