Can jelly bean mini be ported to Huawei pulse/u8220?

Guest Dαяk↝Hα§є⊚

Guest theprincemoh

so can it be ported to huawei u8230?

it has bigger ram and bigger space than x8

so what is the problem?

NOTICE: jelly bean is lighter than ICS so it may be good on u8230

what ever

this phone is a piece of s*** believe me

i will change it soon with SG2 or SG3

That's not very nice, calling our beloved U8220 bad names. ;)

I'm currently researching which phone I will upgrade to as well. I'm thinking about taking a chance on one of the inexpensive Chinese MediaTek based phones, something like the ZTE V970 or Huawei U8836D. But there are so many new Chinese phones entering the market, in a month, there will probably be better options than those. The countdown to a new phone has begun. But until then, I'll keep my good old U8220 limping along with CM6 (Styx).

Guest theprincemoh

That's not very nice, calling our beloved U8220 bad names. ;)

I'm currently researching which phone I will upgrade to as well. I'm thinking about taking a chance on one of the inexpensive Chinese MediaTek based phones, something like the ZTE V970 or Huawei U8836D. But there are so many new Chinese phones entering the market, in a month, there will probably be better options than those. The countdown to a new phone has begun. But until then, I'll keep my good old U8220 limping along with CM6 (Styx).

u from china right?

u can try a cheap phone called xtouch x401 it's good and very cheap

but if u need really a good quality

try something from samsung

u from china right?

u can try a cheap phone called xtouch x401 it's good and very cheap

but if u need really a good quality

try something from samsung

No, I'm not from China. I'm an American, but most of the time I live in Taiwan. I happen to be in the USA at the moment, so I will wait until I return to Taiwan to get my next phone.

Thanks for the recommendation. I'll have a look at that one. I don't mind taking a chance on a phone if it cheap enough. Since the software is updating so fast, I'm not interested in getting the "latest and greatest" and paying a lot, since it will all be "old" very shortly. On top of that, I know I can modify the MediaTek roms, so that is a real bonus.

No, I'm not from China. I'm an American, but most of the time I live in Taiwan. I happen to be in the USA at the moment, so I will wait until I return to Taiwan to get my next phone.

Thanks for the recommendation. I'll have a look at that one. I don't mind taking a chance on a phone if it cheap enough. Since the software is updating so fast, I'm not interested in getting the "latest and greatest" and paying a lot, since it will all be "old" very shortly. On top of that, I know I can modify the MediaTek roms, so that is a real bonus.

Well... twrock, I noticed the part "I know I can modify the MediaTek roms, so that is a real bonus." ;)

I would be interested in purchasing some MTK6577 or 6583 (when found) models so ROM porting and changing really looks tempting, but hadn't any contact with china based ROMs. Those are also in IMG format and flashable like for china tablets (flashing tool)? IMGs can be extracted and repacked again without any problems? :huh:

• 3 years later...