• Announcements

• Reminder - MoDaCo position on illegal content   07/30/15

ILLEGAL CONTENT I'd like to just reaffirm MoDaCo's position regarding piracy and illegal content in the light of some recent questions / postings. Posts will be censored by myself or my moderation team if the contain or link to: Illegal / pirated / cracked software or sites that host such softwareNintendo emulators / ROMs or sites hosting them (in light of Nintendo's legal stance)CUSTOM ROMS You may discuss and post links to custom device ROMs on MoDaCo, provided the following rules are adhered to: ROMs must not contain any illegal 3rd party software (this includes trial versions included without permission)ROMs must give full credit to the original authorISSUES If you have any issues with this policy, please contact PaulOBrien directly via PM.
    • Reminder: Selling items on the forum directly is not allowed   07/30/15

Please note that selling items on the forum directly is not allowed by the forum rules. There is a forum for eBay auctions whereby you can list the items on eBay and link to them there. This is the ONLY forum for this type of activity. You may also advertise links to the eBay forum in your signature. Please note that selling directly in contravention of these rules will result in a warning / suspension / ban.

Jr11 (JDQ39 / 4.2.2): MoDaCo Custom ROM for the Nexus 4

639 posts in this topic

Posted

Not sure what happened there, it's fixed now though. :)

P

Posted

Not sure what happened there, it's fixed now though. :)

P

Thanks Paul !!!

Posted

Development topic for the "MoDaCo CyanogenMod Custom ROM" is online! Visit for updates on the progress etc.!

http://www.modaco.co...or-the-nexus-4/

P

Hi Paul,

does it mean you stop working here? Jr5 will be the last version, and following development will only continue in the Cyanogen Thread?

Posted

Hi Paul,

does it mean you stop working here? Jr5 will be the last version, and following development will only continue in the Cyanogen Thread?

Of course not! :-)

P

Posted

paul something strange on my side. when I turn on the radio on my nexus (MCR + Franco R31) I have a huge drain immediately after and I see that T9 dialer is very slow in searching the names. At that point android system consumption is more than 30%. if I plug the phone again to charger the android system consumption tumbles down to 15-16%. no idea about why it happens.

Posted

paul something strange on my side. when I turn on the radio on my nexus (MCR + Franco R31) I have a huge drain immediately after and I see that T9 dialer is very slow in searching the names. At that point android system consumption is more than 30%. if I plug the phone again to charger the android system consumption tumbles down to 15-16%. no idea about why it happens.

Can you revert to stock kernel and compare?

P

Posted

Can you revert to stock kernel and compare?

P

yes, of course! I'll try as soon as I go back home! something it might be stupid: If I buy the pro version of trackball alert, do I loose your patch?

Posted

yes, of course! I'll try as soon as I go back home! something it might be stupid: If I buy the pro version of trackball alert, do I loose your patch?

No...

P

Posted

My Bluetooth working is definitely trigged by an incoming call. Won't work before I've received one but fine after. Something really odd going on.

Posted

My Bluetooth working is definitely trigged by an incoming call. Won't work before I've received one but fine after. Something really odd going on.

I'd be interested to hear if MCMCR behaved any differently in this regard?

P

Posted

Ah challenge accepted. I'll flash tomorrow. Clean or dirty flash?

Posted

Ah challenge accepted. I'll flash tomorrow. Clean or dirty flash?

I believe dirty should work, but backup first.

P

Posted

So can we in the UK use Google Wallet with our credit / debit cards? because I'm assuming the app won't accept these cards, regardless of the root check being off..

Posted

It did work, but it doesn't seem to be any more. :(

P

Posted (edited)

snapback.pngFrank Alcantara, on 03 January 2013 - 07:41 AM, said:

Hi.

Is there any way to make it so that I can swipe down on the right side to get the settings and on the left side to get the notifications (like on tablets)?

Thanks.

I have tried this and it works quite well, I may add it as a kitchen option.

Hi Paul,

Is it still in focus?

Thanks

Edited by kisman

Posted

Yes, this is still planned.

P

Posted

Yes, this is still planned.

P

That would be nice, thank you :)

Posted

Just a quick note - MCR and MCMCR (my CyanogenMod based custom ROM) have enhanced 'dirty flash' tolerance - I have successfully flashed between the two with no issues. Nice eh? :)

P

Posted

Just a quick note - MCR and MCMCR (my CyanogenMod based custom ROM) have enhanced 'dirty flash' tolerance - I have successfully flashed between the two with no issues. Nice eh? :)

P

That's useful as the Bluetooth on MCMCR is even worse. Just hangs at connecting.

Posted

Ugh!

P

Posted

And the first fruits of MCMCR come to the main ROM.

The following new CyanogenMod items are now available in the kitchen...

• Apollo
  • Chronus (Lock Clock)
  • DSP Manager
  • File Manager
  • Terminal Emulator
  • Torch
  • Trebuchet (Launcher)

Enjoy! :)

P

Posted

Updated Apex and Titanium APKs to the latest versions.

P

Posted

Is it me or does installing DSP instead of MusicFX raise headset volume a little?

Is DSP's equaliser locked to only work with Apollo?

Posted

Hey Paul,

Any chance of having the CM circle battery widget? Prefer that to the one available on this thread.

Thanks

Posted

You mean in the status bar? Possibly! :)

P