Jr11 (JDQ39 / 4.2.2): MoDaCo Custom ROM for the Nexus 4

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest Seraphic

Hi all, just got my Nexus 4 yesterday. I baked a CM-based Modaco rom not having noticed this thread!! (I was browsing from the phone). Is it possible to get the CM-style messaging app with quickreply and emoticon support into this rom? That'd be a fantastic bake option - if its not there already.

Finding the CM-based rom pretty stable but I always like to keep things as 'stock-as-possible' as far as the core OS is concerned.

Guest PaulOBrien
Hi all, just got my Nexus 4 yesterday. I baked a CM-based Modaco rom not having noticed this thread!! (I was browsing from the phone). Is it possible to get the CM-style messaging app with quickreply and emoticon support into this rom? That'd be a fantastic bake option - if its not there already.

Finding the CM-based rom pretty stable but I always like to keep things as 'stock-as-possible' as far as the core OS is concerned.

Just copying the Mms.apk should work so certainly possible!

P

Guest Seraphic

Just copying the Mms.apk should work so certainly possible!

P

Thanks Paul, I'll give it a bash when I get some time later on. Any benefits / issues with using the CM-based ROM? Seems very similar to the stock ROM.

Edited by Seraphic

Guest Seraphic
Lots of little bonus features. :-)

P

To be honest the CM edition has been rock solid so far, don't think I'm even going to flash the stock-based rom. Thanks for your awesome work.

I have enabled root mode in the cm file manager but I still can't access the system directory. Can anyone tell me how to do that? Under bookmarks, I can only see the SD card. When I looked at screenshots online, they all show the system folders in addition to the SD card

Guest John Carroll

N4 running Jr6 and jumped on the Chronus (er.. cLock) widget for my lock screen. Problem is the weather will not show unless the widget is resized (pulled down). I cannot get the widget to start full sized. Even using Nova Launcher Prime's resize widget and allow widget overlap options will not work. Love cLock and the extra information it provides, but having to pull it down every time is annoying. I think it is related to the size of the lock screen "lock" widget? I read the following in another thread:

CM10.1 just came up with the commit to see lock screen widgets always in maximized state. Only tablets will see it regularly maximized or ROMs like AOSPA where you can reduce the DPI of the lock screen.

Does this problem exist in r5 ? I may just do a quick backup and load r5 to see... don't recall having this issue running CM10.

EDIT:

Bummer... r5 is the same. The cLock widget will not show weather unless pulled down.

EDIT2: Cool, under Settings>>Lock Screen there is an option to maximize widgets. Success.

Edited by John Carroll

EDIT2: Cool, under Settings>>Lock Screen there is an option to maximize widgets. Success.

Settings --> Lock Screen? Are you talking about the CM Modaco or the Stock Modaco bakes? I'm running jr6 of Stock and don't have this option. Would love to see the entire widget on my lock screen!

Guest paulihunter

Hey guys

My n4 is running on Jr6 with Franco r53

When I receive a Gmail or Gtalk-IM it doesn't vibrate in normale mode, but it does on incoming calls. If I set the vibration profile it also only vibrates on calls but not on other notifications.

Does anyone have the same issue? Cannot remember that it was the same on Jr5.

Thanks a lot

Edited by paulihunter

Hey guys

My n4 is running on Jr6 with Franco r53

When I receive a Gmail or Gtalk-IM it doesn't vibrate in normale mode, but it does on incoming calls. If I set the vibration profile it also only vibrates on calls but not on other notifications.

Does anyone have the same issue? Cannot remember that it was the same on Jr5.

Thanks a lot

They have settings within the apps so probably worth checking that always vibrate is selected in there.

Guest paulihunter

Thanks man. that was exactly the first thing I checked. But these are all activated.

EDIT: Back on jr5 - vibration works fine :unsure: must be a "jr6-issue"

Edited by paulihunter

Guest Seraphic

Switched over to this rom after having a few issues with data reliability on the CM10 rom. Only two things I'm missing are these:

CM10 mms.apk - with the quick reply and emoji support. I've manually replaced this and it works really nicely. I think it would be a really nice option in the kitchen ;)

The 'expanded desktop' feature in the power menu. Reaaaaally nice feature in the CM10 rom - any chance of this going into the kitchen for this rom too?

Guest PaulOBrien

MMS is certainly possible but cross-porting Expanded Desktop is unlikely i'm afraid.

Were you having data issues on MCMCR with the stock kernel? If so, i'd recommend trying Franco Kernel!

P

Guest RajuSRK

I have baked my custom custom rom 2 days ago and been monitoring.... issues identified so far....

1. Poor battery - Battery seems to be discharging too quickly.. charged it to 100% at work and only used it for 3-4 minutes just to check emails.. and lost about 5%... and by the time I reach home(nearly 30 mins drive) it came down to 85%.... do I need to calibrate the battery after every flash ??

2. Mobile Data won't switch on automatically if I were on home wifi for a long time, have to manually enable data

3. Other party hear too much noise when on bluetooth car kit.. never had this problem with my Galaxy S & ZTE Blade before.. :(

Hope there is some fix to the battery issue as I am getting annoyed with the battery performance. It was never this bad on stock rom...

I can also confirm the mobile data bug. Mobile connection is disabled and doesn't resume after a wifi connection lapses. Sometimes requires a reboot to fix when turning mobile data on manually doesn't work. Running latest kitchen rom with Franco..

Guest PaulOBrien
I can also confirm the mobile data bug. Mobile connection is disabled and doesn't resume after a wifi connection lapses. Sometimes requires a reboot to fix when turning mobile data on manually doesn't work. Running latest kitchen rom with Franco..

This was a known issue with the battery drain kernel fix, I though it was resolved in Franco though and I've not seen it?

P

Guest Sn0warmy

Yeah stock Kernel. How reliable are Franco's kernels?

I've found Franco's kernels to be amongt he most stable. Even more so than stock IMO. Not to mention the performance/battery life improvements. I've been on Franco's r53 kernel for a few days now and haven't had a single issue in any regard. Give it a try.

This was a known issue with the battery drain kernel fix, I though it was resolved in Franco though and I've not seen it?

P

Interesting, I'm on a Jr6 bake with Franco r53 - didn't have the issue until this new release...

Guest RajuSRK

Has anybody had any luck with Google Wallet ? I am a bit concerned to activate it as I red somewhere that the NFC stops working forever when you reflast another ROM without propery uninstalling it. I couldn't find any instructions anywhere to uninstall GW app...

Paul, do you think it is a real issue or just a myth ??

Edited by RajuSRK

Guest PaulOBrien
Has anybody had any luck with Google Wallet ? I am a bit concerned to activate it as I red somewhere that the NFC stops working forever when you reflast another ROM without propery uninstalling it. I couldn't find any instructions anywhere to uninstall GW app...

Paul, do you think it is a real issue or just a myth ??

As mentioned in the first post, resetting before upgrading is generally a good idea!

P