Jr11 (JDQ39 / 4.2.2): MoDaCo Custom ROM for the Nexus 4

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest Eric To

Just did a fresh install without updating the baseband . everything seemed to work great but turns out I can't make any calls. I wonder if the baseband has anything to do with it.

Same issue here. Did not update the baseband. Do not really want to, T-mobile may turn on the LTE towers here soon enough.

I get this too. Cant seem to find a way to remove it even after rebooting and reflashing. I also have odd spacing between notifications now that results in clipping. Any one have these problems too or can offer a fix?

Screenshot_2013-02-16-16-33-591.png

i flashed jr8 too and have the same space in the notification area...

Guest PaulOBrien

i flashed jr8 too and have the same space in the notification area...

Did you pick one of the UI alternate options? If not, choose one and it will be resolved I think...

P

@slambkny best you access it from a pc (or mac) rather than mobile for various reasons (eg it doesn't appear through Tapatalk)

Otherwise as mentioned above, it's on page one of this thread. Should be straight forward

The trick with Tapatalk is: settings/more/web view - you will then be able to see the kitchen etc. You may need to log in to the MoDaCo forum when you switch to web view (icon top right hand corner).

Edited by Paul77

Just a quick question. I've baked a rom in the kitchen and flashed it. However I forgot to add one of the UI customizations. Is there anyway of adding it without having to rebake and flash a new rom?

Not easily, it can be pushed via adb but then you'd have to Gerry the individual apk file. Easier to bake again

Oh ok cheers. Shouldn't really need to do a wipe so at least It won't be too much of a painful process.

Guest MacAllan

Well, seems like a baked rom with the new radio works just fine. If you leave out the new baseband, there's no sound on outgoing or incoming calls.

Could be a new RIL in 4.2.2 that creates the problem, if you use the old baseband in the new rom try also to revert to old RIL with this app (GetRIL).

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.sibbor.getril&hl=sv

Guest paulihunter
Jr8 prebake is online, enjoy! :)

P

I downloaded my self baked Jr8 on Feb 16th. Any changes that I should re-bake?

Edited by paulihunter

Guest paulihunter

Thanks. Jr8 is working great. Also vibration does work ;)

Do you use Google Latitude? Location sharing drains the battery of the n4 much more than on S2 i9100 (which I had before). Can you agree?

Guest PaulOBrien
Thanks. Jr8 is working great. Also vibration does work ;)

Do you use Google Latitude? Location sharing drains the battery of the n4 much more than on S2 i9100 (which I had before). Can you agree?

I always use Backitude anyway as it's better for the battery!

P