Jr11 (JDQ39 / 4.2.2): MoDaCo Custom ROM for the Nexus 4

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest logitechor

Minor update or not. Installed without a hitch. Paul do tell a little of what to visualize in the next release. Thank you.

Guest PaulOBrien

I've just made a small update to the kitchen - this fixes a FC issue with Play Store services and also adds the Ovivo Mobile APN.

Would anyone be interested in a kitchen option to fix AdBlock again for 4.2.2? This is technically a security hole, but i've had at least one request.

P

Guest paulihunter
I've just made a small update to the kitchen - this fixes a FC issue with Play Store services and also adds the Ovivo Mobile APN.

Would anyone be interested in a kitchen option to fix AdBlock again for 4.2.2? This is technically a security hole, but i've had at least one request.

P

Thanks for the update.

What's so special about AdBlock? I'm using AdFree and I'm pretty happy so far.

Guest adam1000rr

I got a strange Play Store error after flashing Jr9 (Error 920). I tried clearing cache / dalvik cache / Play Store data but it didn't fix it..

Had to flash the rom again to fix the problem, baked me a fresh one to avoid the same issue again.. lol

Guest SeanC1966

Looks like apps like Adfree & AdAway have been removed from Play Store. Can't find any of them anymore.

EDIT: Just found THIS

Edited by SeanC1966

I use the LBE security suite, it has antivirus,firewall and other cool features Including AD BLOCK.

Its modular so you can chose to enable or disable functions.

Never had to use adblock since I switched to LBE.

Get it here if you want to test:

http://forum.xda-dev...9&postcount=773

Paul have you tried it out before ?

Looks like apps like Adfree & AdAway have been removed from Play Store. Can't find any of them anymore.

EDIT: Just found THIS

Edited by aaww

Guest Formel-LMS

Only one thing is keeping me away from flashing again my favourite rom (yours, Paul)

Google diasbled the possibility to use car home apps on Android 4.2 ROMs. It's when you're on a car home app, pushing the home button takes you to the hoome of the car home back. It was a security feature, that you can switch easily between music, navigation or any other apps you want. With newer ROMs pressing the home key, takes you sadly to the home of your normal launcher. So you have to scroll down the notification bar, clik on your car home entry and then switch to the thing you want to.

I think, its an big security bug while driving.

Paul, CM and AOKP has found a solution that we can have our old car home behaviour back. I'm now on cm, but I really does like more stock, but security sucks....

Do you think, you can change this in your rom, please?

Edited by Formel-LMS

Guest PaulOBrien

I've just posted a minor update to the kitchen

For the next release I am in the process of porting as many of the mods / tweaks as possible to the Xposed framework. This has a number of benefits - as well as allowing mods to be turned on and off more easily, it will allow future updates to be released far quicker. Watch this space! :)

P

Changelog

22nd Mar

• Updates to bundled apps where appropriate
  • Minor changes - preperation for use of Xposed framework for modifications in next release

Guest vonapets

Hey Paul,

I don't know if this is a modaco issue. However, I was on Jr7 for a month or so and i had no issues. About a week ago when i would unlock my phone it and the software buttons would disappear as well as the clock and i am unable to do anything. If i press the power button it turns the screen off. When i press the power button again the screen illuminates however has no display other than a black backlight. If i hold the power button it vibrates at me as if it is opening up the power menu. The only solution is to hard restart the phone.

This happens every couple of hours. Sometimes it will lock up during charge and other times it will lock up while using any app. I thought it might have been Jr7, I updated to Jr10 and i still had the same problems. I tried Cyanogen Jr9 and still the same thing (dirty flashes). I have a feeling it is system ui that is failing.

I suppose the next couple of options are try stock or a full wipe and see if that fixes it.

Has anyone had any of these issues?

Cheers,

Dimitry

Guest bbawden

Hey Paul,

I don't know if this is a modaco issue. However, I was on Jr7 for a month or so and i had no issues. About a week ago when i would unlock my phone it and the software buttons would disappear as well as the clock and i am unable to do anything. If i press the power button it turns the screen off. When i press the power button again the screen illuminates however has no display other than a black backlight. If i hold the power button it vibrates at me as if it is opening up the power menu. The only solution is to hard restart the phone.

This happens every couple of hours. Sometimes it will lock up during charge and other times it will lock up while using any app. I thought it might have been Jr7, I updated to Jr10 and i still had the same problems. I tried Cyanogen Jr9 and still the same thing (dirty flashes). I have a feeling it is system ui that is failing.

I suppose the next couple of options are try stock or a full wipe and see if that fixes it.

Has anyone had any of these issues?

Cheers,

Dimitry

I've got something similar. The phone appears to be off, and I can't tell whether it is or not. I have to hold down the power for several seconds, which forces it to turn off and then I can turn it on again.

Mine only seems to do it very intermittently. It could do it 2 or 3 times in one day, and then could go a week without it happening.

Guest The Soup Thief

I had something like this going on with R8 last week, following (I assumed) one dirty flash too many. I did a full wipe (tried out a few ROMs from Xda, just to see what was going on over there) then wiped again and reflashed the same R8 firmware. All was right with the world - no problems since (subsequent update to R9 was problem free also). My conclusion is that dirty flashing is a great convenience, but best always be ready to do a full wipe if problems arise.

Edited by The Soup Thief

Guest nat510

Paul, I can't answer to the phone call, the phone just ring but no answer call ui show up

JR10 prebake+ full wipe + franco kernel

Edited by nat510

Guest k0nrad

Hey, a quick feature request for a kitchen here:

Since you already include some CM-derived apps as extras in the kitchen, could you include their tweaked MMS app as an option?

Guest mayur harkison

hi paul, really want to try your rom but is there any chance the prebake will include the t9 dialer in the near future?

Guest PaulOBrien

Another minor update to the kitchen.

If kitchen users can test over the weekend and confirm all is well (back up first of course!), then i'll put the prebake live Monday.

There will be another ROM update next week which will be the first with some MCR features starting to move to an Xposed module, making it easy to toggle MCR features on and off!

P

Guest comicbookguy

Ah... DSP still FC's but only when you plug in headphones....... Should have replicated my own test after flashing r11.