Jr11 (JDQ39 / 4.2.2): MoDaCo Custom ROM for the Nexus 4

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest PaulOBrien
Ah... DSP still FC's but only when you plug in headphones....... Should have replicated my own test after flashing r11.

How weird, I'll look into that!

P

Guest comicbookguy

Something is killing my battery today too. Running latest franco nightly and a beta very ion of llama, but nothing else new...

post-862200-0-24406500-1365262876_thumb.

Guest PaulOBrien
Something is killing my battery today too. Running latest franco nightly and a beta very ion of llama, but nothing else new...

msm_hsic_host is kernel related?

P

Guest comicbookguy

Oh bugger. Should be posting my dsp and kernel issues in the MCMCR r11 forum. Sorry.

Will reflash franco milestone when I get home and report. If that doesn't work I'll extract the kernel from my r11 bake

Edited by comicbookguy

Guest i_maq

Thanks Paul - couple issues so far, there's no categories on the homepage of the Play Store, maybe we need to wait for the official UK rollout.. And whilst browsing the Play Store my N4 just restarted itself, never done that before, not sure if connected...

Guest The Soup Thief

I think that's where they'll put the ads following the official UK launch. Bear in mind this isn't yet properly in the wild afaik

Guest Mr Mixalot

I too wonder why there was a big gap when I accessed the new Play store, look like targeted ads are in the pipeline IMO

BTW JR11 rocks Paul

Thanks for your efforts

Guest masterpfa

Hi all, hopefully this is posted in the correct place.

I had previously been running JR10 upgraded to JR11 but I have been having the same problem with both ROMS

If I move from my current location (home for example) where I am using Wi-Fi I have found that 1. The WiFi does not turn off once I am not at my previously stored WiFi hotspots and the icon for WiFi and G/3G/H both remain greyed out. When I return home or to one of my stored hotspots, my WiFi does not auto connect. I have found in both instances that the only resolution is to toggle Air-plane mode, this seems to kick-start Mobile Data or WiFi (dependent on location)

I carried out a fresh install of Jr10 (full wipe etc.) and a wipe of Cache and Dalvik Cache when updating to Jr11.

I am at a loss as to why this may be happening, any ideas?

Guest masterpfa
Strange. WiFi won't usually turn off, but it should disconnect and then give you a mobile data connection. :/

P

Thanks Paul I don't know what you did, but it's working now, lol

Now that's what I call support

Guest rpcob

You could install Swiftkey and enable the arrow keys.. :)

I have swiftkey. It so much more conveient to have them at the bottom instead of losing keyboard space or looking for them in the numbers. The arrows also act as a tab for navigating through forms which is very very nice.

Edited by rpcob

Guest The Soup Thief
It's ok apart from the gaping grey space on the main page!

Screenshot_2013-04-12-23-00-35.png

When do they plan on fixing that??

Just installed the latest play store apk, v 4.0.26 from here http://androidheadlines.com/2013/04/google-play-gets-updated-to-v4-0-26-get-your-apk-here.html

It has a few fixes apparently but the most obvious change I can see is the addition of recommendations, so "that gaping grey space" is no longer so gaping or grey...

Edited by The Soup Thief

Guest i_maq

Just installed the latest play store apk, v 4.0.26 from here http://androidheadli...r-apk-here.html

It has a few fixes apparently but the most obvious change I can see is the addition of recommendations, so "that gaping grey space" is no longer so gaping or grey...

Awesome thanks! That did the trick, hopefully my in app purchases will now work again too!

Screenshot_2013-04-20-21-57-21%20%28Custom%29.png

• 4 weeks later...

Video Calls with Google Hangouts is not working on Nexus 4 and Modaco JR11 - I get "Camera Error". After that, Camera is not working at all till phone rebooted.

Edited by Guest