Jr11 (JDQ39 / 4.2.2): MoDaCo Custom ROM for the Nexus 4

Guest PaulOBrien

Video Calls with Google Hangouts is not working on Nexus 4 and Modaco JR11 - I get "Camera Error". After that, Camera is not working at all till phone rebooted.

Hi,

Can anyone confirm if video chat in new Hangouts application is working or not ?

It is not working on my phone, but there are other people who reported this as working on other ROM's.

Edited by Guest

Guest deim

Hi,

Can anyone confirm if video chat in new Hangouts application is working or not ?

It is not working on my phone, but there are other people who reported this as working on other ROM's.

Confirming - works fine. Just did a hangout video-call from my N4 (JR11) to my wife's GN (JR17) - no problem.

Guest Involver

While I'm on it, I'm considering using Franco kernel on JR11, anyone has experience to share? Especially choosing between a milestone release (m2) or nightly (r139 atm)...

Also there seems to be a known issue with the qualcomm wifi (Prima) drivers causing lag/drops in connection, which in term can cause notification delivery issues (delayed). I've seen on XDA that there are several fixes for this, but some devs contradict eachothers solution in their posts. There's http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2272140 which has Franco kernel with drivers included and there's a more universal solution here http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2102986&highlight=motley. Has anyone tried these?

@paul: are you aware of this issue and perhaps can you shine your light on this?

Thanks all!

• 2 weeks later...
Guest DarkGruf

While I'm on it, I'm considering using Franco kernel on JR11, anyone has experience to share? Especially choosing between a milestone release (m2) or nightly (r139 atm)...

I'm using Franco's kernels since day one on Galaxy Nexus and then on the Nexus 4. It's very good in performances and batterie live. I use the nightlys, just i flash it a day after the release to wait a bit for possible issues. As the developer is very reactive and the number of user quite huge one day is enought.

Edited by DarkGruf

Confirming - works fine. Just did a hangout video-call from my N4 (JR11) to my wife's GN (JR17) - no problem.

Thank you - I found the source of the problem - DSPManager. So in case anyone need a DSP Manager (system wide) that do not break hangouts video - I posted an information in DSP Thread on this forum.

Edited by Guest

Guest Sn0warmy

Thank you - I found the source of the problem - DSPManager. So in case anyone need a DSP Manager (system wide) that do not break hangouts video - I posted an information in DSP Thread on this forum.

Thanks for this. I'm flasing Jr11 now and using the DSPManager apk you posted.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest i_maq

What are the chances of having the ParanoidAndroid bubblehead multitasker implemented here? They open sourced it right? Is it too big of a job (asking having no idea how much work goes in to this stuff)

• 4 weeks later...
Guest illingd

Paul -

It seems fairly clear from your lack of response in this forum, as also N7, that you have abandoned this device.

This being the case, please advise how we should deal with the 4.3 OTA update.

Currently I have a notification, "System update downloaded. Touch to install." What will happen if I go ahead and "touch"? How to get rid of this notification otherwise?

Please advise.

Paul -

It seems fairly clear from your lack of response in this forum, as also N7, that you have abandoned this device.

This being the case, please advise how we should deal with the 4.3 OTA update.

Currently I have a notification, "System update downloaded. Touch to install." What will happen if I go ahead and "touch"? How to get rid of this notification otherwise?

Please advise.

In other thread it was said that Paul on vacation - this is why you do not see reply from him. I do not think he abandoned the device. As for OTA - I would not suggest to install it unless you are on stock.

Guest illingd

... As for OTA - I would not suggest to install it unless you are on stock.

That's fine, I don't particularly want the update; but how to get rid of the notification?

Guest illingd
Actually, Paul has been active lately, just not in the Nexus devices' forums and anyway this rom hasn't been updated for months..

As you can see here http://www.modaco.co...-support-topic/ he's probably focusing on getting "Switch" out ASAP.

;)

I understand that Paul wants to be working on the newest and sexiest stuff, and that's fair enough -- the OP makes it clear he won't support a rom forever.

However, I think it would be nice if he visited his older forums occasionally (after all, this device is not yet 12 months old!)

Edited by illingd

Guest k0nrad

Well, Paul confirmed via twitter, that the 4.3-based MCR will come to the N4 for sure - just maybe not right away...

There are some issues with 4.3 anyway still (an unclear root situation for one) so I'm not really in a hurry.

Guest illingd
Well, Paul confirmed via twitter, that the 4.3-based MCR will come to the N4 for sure - just maybe not right away...

There are some issues with 4.3 anyway still (an unclear root situation for one) so I'm not really in a hurry.

I'll be very pleased when it happens; and, as you say, there's no rush, given the possible issues with 4.3.

Which still leaves me with the question of how to get rid of that pesky notification - anybody got any ideas?

Guest The Soup Thief

If the update is handled by an app (maybe google services framework? Not sure) you could try going into settings>apps and untick "Show notifications" for the relevant app

Might not work though - unlikely to be any catastrophic outcomes though - just replace the tick again if it doesn't work

Edited by The Soup Thief

Guest illingd
If the update is handled by an app (maybe google services framework? Not sure) you could try going into settings>apps and untick "Show notifications" for the relevant app

Might not work though - unlikely to be any catastrophic outcomes though - just replace the tick again if it doesn't work

Yes, that works. Usually, you can just tap hold notifications to See its app details page.

Excellent! - notification gone.

Thanks for the assist.

Now to sit back and wait for 4.3, when Paul's ready and issues have been resolved.