• Announcements

• Reminder - MoDaCo position on illegal content   07/30/15

ILLEGAL CONTENT I'd like to just reaffirm MoDaCo's position regarding piracy and illegal content in the light of some recent questions / postings. Posts will be censored by myself or my moderation team if the contain or link to: Illegal / pirated / cracked software or sites that host such softwareNintendo emulators / ROMs or sites hosting them (in light of Nintendo's legal stance)CUSTOM ROMS You may discuss and post links to custom device ROMs on MoDaCo, provided the following rules are adhered to: ROMs must not contain any illegal 3rd party software (this includes trial versions included without permission)ROMs must give full credit to the original authorISSUES If you have any issues with this policy, please contact PaulOBrien directly via PM.
    • Reminder: Selling items on the forum directly is not allowed   07/30/15

Please note that selling items on the forum directly is not allowed by the forum rules. There is a forum for eBay auctions whereby you can list the items on eBay and link to them there. This is the ONLY forum for this type of activity. You may also advertise links to the eBay forum in your signature. Please note that selling directly in contravention of these rules will result in a warning / suspension / ban.

Jr11 (JDQ39 / 4.2.2): MoDaCo Custom ROM for the Nexus 4

639 posts in this topic

Posted

Sorry last 2 should have been quotes. Now for my problems, Bluetooth isn't working, had the save issue on my Gnex the sound is there but controls aren't and I had a reboot before, not the end of the world but something I'm keeping am eye on

Posted

To remove all country and root checks.

P

Sweet, it's opening up now and has signed in but I'm assuming I can't get it to use my 2 bank cards that are attached to my Wallet account...? Haven't used G Wallet on mobile before so am I not able to add my cards?

Posted

Sorry last 2 should have been quotes. Now for my problems, Bluetooth isn't working, had the save issue on my Gnex the sound is there but controls aren't and I had a reboot before, not the end of the world but something I'm keeping am eye on

Bluetooth was indeed updated but I guess the problem wasn't fixed? If you get a chance to flash the stock system and boot images - no wipe required - that would be useful just to triple check it's also a stock issue.

People events problem with CM dialer will be fixed soon.

P

Posted

Bluetooth was indeed updated but I guess the problem wasn't fixed? If you get a chance to flash the stock system and boot images - no wipe required - that would be useful just to triple check it's also a stock issue.

People events problem with CM dialer will be fixed soon.

P

Already done and it is a problem in stock however I just checked with the wife's car and it work's there. Still an Android problem as the crappy galaxy europa i was forced to use for a day connected and worked fine.

My wife has a nav system and I just have bluetooth integrated. I'm guessing the permission's have changed since 4.1 and this is causing the problem for me.

Posted

I made some minor kitchen adjustments to bring the Galaxy Nexus / N4 / N7 (and future N10) options in line, which adds and moves a few features for this ROM. These will be reflected in the next version pre-bake.

P

Posted

All UI mods in the kitchen now includes a tweaked version of the excellent Quick Settings Mod by kevdliu, as detailed in this topic!

Temporarily the battery meter mods are disabled as I need to update them to be compatible, i'll do this then issue a new release with the Quick Settings Mod in. This also gives kitcheners time to test for bugs!

P

Posted

Just flashing now. Any idea about the Bluetooth? Is there anyway of me swapping Bluetooth from 4.1 back in?

Posted (edited)

System.ui issues here :-(

Used menu on both sides always active. Double check you've backed up before flashing/ wait for Paul's advice

Edited by jmagee

Posted

System.ui issues here :-(

Used menu on both sides always active. Double check you've backed up before flashing/ wait for Paul's advice

What happened?

P

Posted

What happened?

P

same System ui problem mate

Posted (edited)

Same old story. System. Ui force closed. Wouldn't open at all. No nav/ menu bar

Edited by jmagee

Posted

Same here! On it right now!

P

Posted

Same here! On it right now!

P

You're a gent

Posted

That should be fixed now, it appears the broken UI tweak was getting baked in /system/mods erroneously! Investigating why that happened...

You can avoid redownloading by flashing your bad bake then doing 'adb shell mount /system' and 'adb shell rm /system/mods/*' before booting.

P

Posted

Yes fixed. Thanks

Posted

Rom working fine now, did a fresh install and theres still an error with tweakdeck, when you click into a tweet, it force closes

Posted

Yeah I noticed that, moved to plume

Posted

Paul, if you get chance, would you mind having a look at the issue with tweakdeck ( I hate every other twitter client )

Posted

So what custom toggle setup does everyone use on this? Here's mine...

P

mytoggles.png

Posted

Battery indicator mods are back in the kitchen, new prebake coming later today!

P

Posted (edited)

I really wish Google would include this Quick Settings mod upstream. That's exactly the functionality it needs.

On a related note, although slightly offtopic - did you perhaps enable two-finger swipe for Quick Settings Shade in MCR for N7?

Edited by k0nrad

Posted

Battery indicator mods are back in the kitchen, new prebake coming later today!

P

Paul these are still grayed out for me when I look at the kitchen

Posted (edited)

Hello,

Can someone confirms me this custom ROM works with WiFi Tether by Muller/ Lemons/ Buxton ?

This app requires :

1) Root

2) Netfilter-enabled kernel (most stock-kernel nowadays come with such a kernel).

So I'm worndering if this ROM has this 'Netfilter-enabled kernel'

I keep having error on "Setting ad-hoc mode"

Frustrating!

ooops sorry wrong thread ... i was refering to Nexus 7 3G

Edited by Hing-Chung Chu

Posted

Paul these are still grayed out for me when I look at the kitchen

Oops, updated. :)

P

Posted

Oops, updated. :)

P

Thanks! I think I asked this on your Galaxy Nexus rom, but is there anyway to add long-press support to the search key (to launch things like Handcent Quick Compose)? Or to make the Navbar buttons fully customizable ala-codename android?

Thanks for the great work!!