Huawei Ascend G330 1GHz dual-core £100 SIM-free ICS 4.0.4

Guest Modifoid

Guest CurtisAndroidSF2

I was about to purchase a G300 during January 2013 but after reading that I'll be holding off and waiting for the G330 and for some development to start brewing.

Thanks for the heads up.

Guest SparkTheDark

Seems there isn't a huge amount of difference apart from processor and GPU (and apparently being 10g lighter); will the dual-core make a huge amount of difference?

Guest CurtisAndroidSF2

Can anyone confirm that it has a front facing camera?

Doesn't look like it but even if it did, it would be extremely low quality (as in 0.3mp) and I doubt the device would get Skype support so it'd be near enough useless anyway.

Seems there isn't a huge amount of difference apart from processor and GPU (and apparently being 10g lighter); will the dual-core make a huge amount of difference?

Dual core makes A LOT of difference. A single core device can score about 2900-3000 in Antutu, but a dual core device scores around 5000, sometimes close to 6000 :D

Doesn't look like it but even if it did, it would be extremely low quality (as in 0.3mp) and I doubt the device would get Skype support so it'd be near enough useless anyway.

Every phone has Skype support, even the G300 so why wouldn't the G330 get support :huh:

Edited by kyan31

Guest bladebuddy
Excellent.

Just sold a duel core 1.5gh HTC sensation xe. To be truthful I didn't find it much faster then this , game play slightly better and lots of games available , multitasking good. Only thing I liked about the phone was , playing music was way better then on the g300.

Wouldn't pay £350 quid for a new one when you can grab one of these for £100 though.

Guest SparkTheDark

It doesn't sound entirely sim-free to me if you have to sign up for Talk Talk. Maybe just a badly worded article?

I imagine it'll be a similar deal as the G300 on Vodafone ie: free on contract, £100 on PAYG etc.

Edited by SparkTheDark

ah really! i was considering a G330 from Germany for £145 ish, decided its too much, would get another G300 for £100 (also slightly too much now imho, its same price as 6 months ago).

for £100 i'd def. buy a G330 now. it comes with ICS so even little ROM support for a while shouldn't be a big deal.