New OTA Update B952 announced by Vodafone for 28/11/12

Guest Huaweian

Guest Huaweian

Hi,

Apparently, a new ICS Update for the Huawei G300 is being released OTA from 28/11/12.

"I’m pleased to say that Huawei will begin rolling out the new G300 software (B952), that will address the broken dictionary issue, from Wednesday 28th November. We’ve tested the other problems you’ve reported and haven’t been able to reproduce them in this new software."

See: http://forum.vodafone.co.uk/t5/Huawei/Huawei-Ascend-G300-upgrade-to-Android-4-0-ice-Cream-Sandwich/m-p/1350300#M1190

I guess that's good news but it sounds a little like all they've done is fix the dictionary

lol that would actually be hilarious,

i just think they are dumb... i mean who actually cares about the dictionary fix... we have been able to fix it are self since day one...

people are more interested in fixes for the the things we have failed to resolve are self > caller id lag, reverting storage option, HW acceleration, etc...

Guest blatny93

I bother about the dict-fix - not one of the methods posted has ever worked for me. And before you ask, not for lack of care, attention or experience (I've been hacking and roming since Symbian and the first xbox).

Well, OK, being a little impatient and, also, not really considering it a major problem, I didn't try 'every fix' but I did try every zip which always failed to install - whatever I did - and tried forcing the appropriate .apk into the system , either via root exp. or system app installer (a very useful tool, especially for those new 4.2 google apps) and none of that worked. Would it have worked via adb? I was to dis-interested to boot up and find out!

Edited by blatny93

I bother about the dict-fix - not one of the methods posted has ever worked for me. And before you ask, not for lack of care, attention or experience (I've been hacking and roming since Symbian and the first xbox).

The method works flawlessly from my experience, I've used it on almost every repack. Plus every single custom rom on here has that fix included.

Guest krishang3

As tillaz said, it would be hilarious if they just did dict fix lol.

But i think they have done more as he mentioned they couldn't reporuce the same errors reported in the new build that's sounds convincing..

Guest Frankish

They mainly just need to fix.

Dictionary.

Memory management to stop apps just closing.

Default storage bug.

Hardware acceleration isn't really a bug so can't include that.

The stock roms wouldn't be THAT bad with above issues fixed.

memory management yes. this is appalling to have things randomly crash (or just about guaranteed if you really use the phone) in 2012.

anyway good to know they haven't abandoned G300 quite yet. it's about #2 seller on Amazon, must still be selling pretty well..

Edited by Smiff2

Guest MrPuddington

Hi,

Apparently, a new ICS Update for the Huawei G300 is being released OTA from 28/11/12.

"I’m pleased to say that Huawei will begin rolling out the new G300 software (B952), that will address the broken dictionary issue, from Wednesday 28th November. We’ve tested the other problems you’ve reported and haven’t been able to reproduce them in this new software."

See: http://forum.vodafon...p/1350300#M1190

Next Wednesday, we will get a perfect ROM...

Edited by MrPuddington

Guest thebuell

Damn and I already deleted vodabloat and used link2sd to move updated system apps into system, also fixed h0rked dictionary on B936... Will I have to do most of that all over again with B952, or can I use the bundled huawei backup app to restore?

Guest unaszplodrmann

i just think they are dumb... i mean who actually cares about the dictionary fix...

All the people who don't install 3rd party firmware?

Hardly indicative of dumbness. On the contrary, to risk seriously denting repeat custom because of knackered spellchecker would be dumb.

Guest psionandy

Its not the full thing by any stretch.. but its good to see that someone in the company is making an effort to take some steps in the right direction... even if they are rather small steps

Edited by psionandy

Guest krishang3
Any NZ 300 owners here. I read that this has already been released there?
yes. Maybe... but I'm not one.. I don't think that tempered it modded firmwares can receive updates

Guest PaulMilbank

Any NZ 300 owners here. I read that this has already been released there?

Not according to the updater on my wifes stock g300. Still on 936 here in nz.

Guest billyboy2468

tillaz thats what i was hoping for,when phoning someone the screen goes blank on ics,went back to gb and presto its fine again,do you think it could be fixed in this update,thanks

tillaz thats what i was hoping for,when phoning someone the screen goes blank on ics,went back to gb and presto its fine again,do you think it could be fixed in this update,thanks

ah i was asking about this, have you checked your proximity sensor with e.g. Z-Devicetest ?

Guest billyboy2468

took it into vodafone shop and there was no way to check proximity sensor,staff couldnt fathom it out smiff2,they contacted their tech team and said they would be in touch,that was 3 weeks ago

Guest tcpaulh

the new update is showing on my phone today ota haven't downloaded yet

Please download the update then find it on your SD card and upload it somewhere eg solidfiles.com

Thanks!