G330 coming to a store near you!

Guest invertedgoatie

yeah, see previous thread. only diff is dual core?

might be worth waiting a few weeks then if it's about to come out. also G300 has got to drop, if they don't sell out.

Edited by Smiff2

Guest MrPuddington

1 Ghz dual core processor

512 RAM

Worth the upgrade?

http://www.t3.com/ne...hes-ascend-g330

Maybe, but I think the real issue is that the phone only has 512 MB of RAM, which a lot of that already reserved for other things (baseband?). And the GPU is really slow - so a faster CPU is not going to make much difference.

Now if it was the dual SIM version, I would be very tempted...

Inside G330 is MSM8225 (2x Cortex A5 at 1GHz), still no HD video shooting, but better graphic chip Adreno 203 then in G300.

I am waiting something better with HD video shooting. But this is looking good for 100 pounds

yes, please, if it's cheap enough!

(G300 is still best at £100, so G330 at £100 is probably also still best isn't it..)

edit: unless there is something with G330 having less usable RAM than G300 that i don't know about?

i know for ICS you really want 1GB.

Edited by Smiff2

http://www.mobot.net...-talktalk-50595

they've upped internal flashram to 4gb? slightly useless.

interesting part though is article implies won't be going PAYG until 2013. i.e. it will be contract on TalkTalk. bummer!

edit: surely this is the current competitor/next phone above G300 ?

http://www.phones4u.co.uk/shop/shop_payg_details.asp?ItemKey=627258

Galaxy Ace 2.

Dual Core, otherwise pretty similar to G300/G330 no?

Edited by Smiff2

Ace 2 is much better but its cost much more then g330 and g300.

Ace 2

Dual core 800MHz (cortex a9) NovaThore U8500 i think

768MB RAM

720p video recording

Official JB update

nope, it's same price as G330 currently. that's my point. both are around £150. when G330 is available in UK PAYG, it may be less, but that's speculation.

So the Ace 2 is the phone to compete with (next one above G300 currently), weird no one mentioned it here before?

Guest Pondlife

Is Ace 2 that price at anywhere recognisable? oops missed link. That's a dramatic drop from when last I saw it.

Edited by Pondlife

Guest Urbanchina

Tbh I don't really want to get stuck to a 24 months contract. Payg the way for freedom upgrade every 6 month. Surely the phone(g330) still worth about hundred quid when I flock it in eBay.

that looks great but not for xmas.

and, not for £100, really annoying these articles give local price conversions like that.

might be the next big one?

Blade > G300 > u950

that looks great but not for xmas.

and, not for £100, really annoying these articles give local price conversions like that.

might be the next big one?

Blade > G300 > u950

how wont it be £100 ?

sorry i just meant that its not £100 now, because of tax, import costs etc. hopefully it will be, but probably not until i dunno mid next year? they could charge £150-£200 if they released it here now.

Edited by Smiff2

sorry i just meant that its not £100 now, because of tax, import costs etc. hopefully it will be, but probably not until i dunno mid next year? they could charge £150-£200 if they released it here now.

probably wont even come to the uk, but if it did we would more than likely get ripped off and pay double (like normal) lol

Guest Urbanchina

how wont it be £100 ?

Smiff2 is absolutely spot on. Mobiles phones has pretty small profit margin. I can tell you that the G330 is selling approx £95 (sealed) with online re-sellers in china atm. If you include import tax + shipping +re-seller profits margin(let's assume about 10% of the total cost landed). You will be looking around £135 online and perhaps £150 retail.

Smiff2 is absolutely spot on. Mobiles phones has pretty small profit margin. I can tell you that the G330 is selling approx £95 (sealed) with online re-sellers in china atm. If you include import tax + shipping +re-seller profits margin(let's assume about 10% of the total cost landed). You will be looking around £135 online and perhaps £150 retail.

i have bought plenty things from china and this is not always the case,

i recently got a tablet from merrmobiles that was $99, i payed £62 with the currency conversion and never payed a penny of

"import tax + shipping +re-seller profits"

its was delivered as normal 3 weeks later, i never payed a penny more than the price of the tablet,

actually i have never had to pay any customs to this day (touch wood) :ph34r:

its worth noting that i have only ever bought from china via merimobiles, so not sure about anywhere else

they also sell the G330 £115

http://www.merimobil..._p/meri5738.htm

Guest putbinoot

Well I ended up going for the Jiayu G3, phone plus case plus 32gb card for £160, will just have to see what it's like when it arrives and to see if i get hit with any import duty. I was thinking of the Nexus 4 but with the glass back and no extra storage I thought what's the point of the power if there is no room to put a lot of games or movies etc on it.

Edited by putbinoot

Guest Frankish
Well I ended up going for the Jiayu G3, phone plus case plus 32gb card for £160, will just have to see what it's like when it arrives and to see if i get hit with any import duty.

Let us know!

Guest Urbanchina

Fx currency conversion for G330 with DHL $207.99 (£129.76). This will be the highest exchange rate you would get. However it will be unlikely to get that. Like you said, you are lucky as there are no taxes involved for you so far. When I bought my ISP monitor from Korea for $180, I had to pay the full import tax. If one is willing to take the risk with importing goods from China that's fine, but at the end of the day we're trying to predict what the UK cost will be without importing. :')