Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Cardie

Stock Camera won't open in CM9

6 posts in this topic

Installed CM9 (R3) and it comes with the standard ICS camera which is awful, laggy and will not take a picture properly unless the phone is 100% still.

Maybe its just my phone but the standard huawei camera is so much better.

Downloaded 2 versions of the standard Huawei Camera so far but they dont open I just get 'Camera has stopped responding'.

Any ideas around this one? Thanks :)

AFAIK getting the included camera to work at all with cm9 took a lot of time and effort - the Huawei camera app just will not work with cm9.

Edited by JRow

This is why I always go back to stock roms, having the ability to walk around with a camera and video camera, is something I require from my phone and the pictures and moving images from the stock ICS camera just don't stack up to the stock Huawei camera app.

Tried lgCamera and it works even better than any other!

Took 5 pictures of my little girl splashing about it the bath tonight and only one came out blurry the rest are pretty damn good!

Here's why I like the stock HW Camera. Notice how there is no stutter when panning left/right( or overhead ;) ) and image quality is clear, along with the sound. Also the still pictures can be zoomed in so far it's just like having macro mode.