Xolo JB

Guest manishmalikkvs

Guest manishmalikkvs

Is there any way to get the jelly bean on xolo ??? Had anyone tried some custom rom on xolo device ?? Also see this link

http://www.trickytweaks.com/root-xolo-x900-intel-handset-orange-san-diego-how-to-guide.html

It claims that xolo can be rooted . Can this be helpfull in getting Jelly Bean ????

I contacted xolo many times for getting the expected launch date for jelly bean upgrade but they just say see the xolo website for future software and os update.I don't think they are doing anything for the jelly bean upgrade ,I am completly upset with their reply :(.So please guys help.

PS: I am completly noob about the rooting related stuff. I have no idea about it. So please don't mind if i had written something illogical abt rooting above.My concern is only to get jelly bean .

Only way we'll get jelly bean is from orange or lava (xolo). It's not possible to make cutom roms at the moment because the bootloader is locked and doesn't allow kernels or even custom recovery with differents signatures from the original one.

Guest technomole

In short yes the xolo ics can be rooted, but custom roms won't work, there is meant to be a jelly bean update coming soon (fingers crossed before the end of the year)

For rooting the xolo see this thread - http://www.modaco.com/topic/358489-toolaio-tool-for-san-diego-fixed/page__hl__%20san%20%20diego__st__0

The reason (I think) custom roms won't work is becasue as yet no one has managed to un lock the bootloader, but there are some things that can be done, for example changing themes, changing the density of the lcd screen, and enabling the internal sd card port (there's a guide on how to get the back off the phone)

Guest manishmalikkvs

@technomole

no sign of jelly bean.How can you say before the end of this year ?(any source) I mailed around 12-15 times to xolo care asking them about the jelly bean update and wifi direct problem ( as we don't have any option to share through wifi direct in social gallery , So i asked them). But every time they reply

"We would like to inform you that for any update regarding the new software versions or Operating systems, kindly stay connected with our website WWW.XOLO.IN because currently we don’t have any Exact date for the same"

With such a reply from them i cannot expect jelly bean update :'( from xolo....:'(

Guest technomole

@technomole

no sign of jelly bean.How can you say before the end of this year ?(any source) I mailed around 12-15 times to xolo care asking them about the jelly bean update and wifi direct problem ( as we don't have any option to share through wifi direct in social gallery , So i asked them). But every time they reply

"We would like to inform you that for any update regarding the new software versions or Operating systems, kindly stay connected with our website WWW.XOLO.IN because currently we don’t have any Exact date for the same"

With such a reply from them i cannot expect jelly bean update :'( from xolo....:'(

A lot of people have asked xolo about jelly bean and got similar answers, although they didn't give an exact date for the ics update either, but given that intel have already signed off on jelly bean it's now up to xolo etc to sort out the update, it may be the end of the year, but it may not.

The best advice is to keep an eye on the website, most people are pretty sure it will get released quite quickly, despite xolo and ornage in the uk not actually saying whether the jb update is coming and when, and they did seem to get the ics update out quite fast.

Guest BlueMoonRising

There was a comment from one of the Lava employees on Xolo s Facebook page that stated they were working on JB. I've no doubt whatsoever that it will come from Xolo and presumably eventually(?) from Orange.

Guest manishmalikkvs

when i asked xolo for ics update the told that they will launch at the sept. But this time are not even saying any month or date. Also on their specification of xolo at the time of release of xolo they promise to give ICS upgrade So may be that is the reason for such a fast release of ICS.

intel ported the JB in september but almost december arrived but no sign of jelly bean. :(

Guest BlueMoonRising

Really we don't have to aspect jb from xolo developer.so we haveto made a custom rom for xolo x900 like htc desire hd.

Pretty sure we CAN expect JB from Xolo(and probably Orange), when is another matter.

You can't make a custom ROM until the bootloader is unlocked.

• 4 weeks later...
Guest manishmalikkvs

Good news guys, if the source is assumed to be valid than we can expect jb update from xolo by 2nd week of January. The source being a close to xolo executives. So just finger cross.....

Guest Simon O

Awesome. Looks like all the information going around is true then. Motorola are updating the RAZRi next month as well. Also I did notice that updates to the engineer ICS ROMs has stopped.. no updates for a month now so they probably have moved to JB already.

Now I just need to find where they are hiding the JB roms

Guest BlueMoonRising

Good news guys, if the source is assumed to be valid than we can expect jb update from xolo by 2nd week of January. The source being a close to xolo executives. So just finger cross.....

The source being???

Come on spill, where did you here this?

Guest Simon O

Not exactly an official announcement then...

No and that Facebook page isn't official either. It's a bit 'I heard from a man down the pub' but I do know that Q1 2013 is the expected period we will see the update. Personally I don't care if it's end of January, February whatever. ICS works well.

Guest manishmalikkvs

Not exactly an official announcement then...

I never said that it's an official confirmation of jb update. But the person he is talking about searched about him and found him working at xolo. Anyways, I just need the xolo camera improvement with this jb update otherwise I am quite satisfied with ics. And don't forget about the project butter butter. :P

Guest BlueMoonRising

I'm actually a little confused about Jelly Bean and the fact that it's supposed to make the OSD quicker and smoother. Admittedly I've got extremely limited experience of other smartphones having come from the OSF and having a very limited (30 seconds at a time) play with Galaxy Siii s and iPhone 4 s for instance, but I can't for the life of me imagine how the OSD can GET any quicker. It never ever hesitates or stalls no matter what I'm doing. Can someone with more widespread experience enlighten me please? What exactly will be the advantage?

There is a difference between quick and smooth. It's not gonna be quicker but animations will be smoother, more images per sec ( you can see the video google presented in the io 2012 with the two galaxy nexus). It's why it's called project butter.

Yeah Jelly Bean won't make the phone faster, so things that are mainly CPU limited — which is most apps — will be about as fast as with ICS. What Jelly Bean does do is have a tweaked display manager which is better at synchronising drawing operations, runs triple buffered where it can, and makes more use of the GPU than in earlier versions of Android. It's not magic but it is nice to have.

Of course there are quite a few other improvements in JB as well.

Guest Simon O

It's all about "Project Butter" which makes things like scrolling so much smoother. Our phones are fast enough anyway so you may not even notice issues with scrolling but on other devices the update to Jelly Bean makes things much smoother and fluid.. and obviously gives the impression that the phone is faster.

When we get Jelly Bean it'll probably be Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean rather than 4.2. Don't forget that we got Android 4.0.4 ICS when Jelly Bean 4.1 was available on other devices and even now other devices are only just getting updates to 4.1.2. If you aren't a Nexus phone then it takes time to build Android for the device and ensure everything is working which is why I think we will get the slightly older Jelly Bean.

Could be wrong though!