Jiayu G3

Guest putbinoot

I'm thinking of getting the Umi X1 as the G3 seems a bit thick in the photos I've seen. Can you post a side-on comparison photo with a G300 to give an idea of dimensions?

I'm thinking of getting the Umi X1 as the G3 seems a bit thick in the photos I've seen. Can you post a side-on comparison photo with a G300 to give an idea of dimensions?

The jiayu has twice the battery capacity, that's why it is so thick. Battery is probably a lot more important than size, so I would still get the jiayu. Apparently the jiayu feels better in the hand compares to the UMI.

It's a matter of personal preference. I am used to charging my phone every night if neccessary and I can also charge via a USB port at work if I need to top-up, so extra battery capacity at the expense of size doesn't interest me. I have also heard that newer X1s are shipping with a higher capacity battery anyway.

As this is a G300 forum, I think posting comparison pics would be very useful.

Guest Shahmatt

I own a Jiayu G2 which is about a 100 pounds. 1GHz dual core CPU, dual SIM, a very nice 4" IPS screen and 2000mAh battery. I've been using this phone for about a month now. I've rooted it but have not flashed any recovery. I'm presently looking into alternatives to CWM. There is no urgent need to have recovery since the stock ROM is almost vanilla and plenty stable for daily use.

The phone battery is long lasting. I hammer it hard with streaming music and surfing and I always seem to have enough to get through the day. Big batteries are nice! But on the other hand I only use one SIM slot. I'm guessing with two radios in operation the phone will last much less time. More battery is better for dual SIM phones.

Also, the camera is pretty awful!

The G3 is similar, but has a larger 4.7" screen with higher resolution and 2750mAh battery but with the same CPU as the G2. In theory at least the G2 should perform better than the G3 on account of the lower resolution (but still nice) screen. My brother has ordered the G3 so I should be able to put up a comparison review soon.

Could someone make a quick comparison video of the jiayu g3 and the huawei ascend g300? Maybe compare size, and show how smooth the jiayu's UI is against the G300.

Guest niza2000in

Hi All,

Am new to android, after long searching i bought Jiayu G3...Spec is really nice and fast...

But my problem is full charge of battery standby showing only 31 hours....Charging takes more than five hours to complete from 35% to 100%.

Am in big trouble, my battery will not last for 10 hours for normal usage with 100% charge....

Hi All,

Am new to android, after long searching i bought Jiayu G3...Spec is really nice and fast...

But my problem is full charge of battery standby showing only 31 hours....Charging takes more than five hours to complete from 35% to 100%.

Am in big trouble, my battery will not last for 10 hours for normal usage with 100% charge....

Have you installed the latest jiayu g3 update? The latest update fixes battery consumption problems.

Search Google for 'G3-20121129-082828' and you should find downloads for the update.

I'm not sure how you install the update, but I assume you put it on the SD card untouched and run the system update program in the app drawer. Ask 'putbinoot' for more info as he owns, and has updated to the latest software.

Edited by kyan31

Guest niza2000in

Have you installed the latest jiayu g3 update? The latest update fixes battery consumption problems.

Search Google for 'G3-20121129-082828' and you should find downloads for the update.

I'm not sure how you install the update, but I assume you put it on the SD card untouched and run the system update program in the app drawer. Ask 'putbinoot' for more info as he owns, and has updated to the latest software.

Hi thanks for the reply...

I already update to latest firmware which you have mentioned....the Card brush same method only i followed.....

Even though have the same battery problem....

Hi Mr.Putbinoot,

Kindly help in this case....

Thanks in advance....

Guest Shahmatt

You should switch off wifi and bluetooth when not in use. This saves a lot of battery.

Also are you using both SIM slots? Two active SIMs will cause a higher battery consumption.

You can try enabling 2G speeds instead of 3G - under "Settings" -> Wireless & Networks: "More" -> "GPRS transfer prefer...".

If all else fails try downloading Juice Defender and using the "Balanced" profile. This minimizes phone data connections to every 15 or 30 mins for sync purposes - saving you some battery life. I find Juice Defender's notification settings to be a nuisance so I disable this and use the widget to force enable data for when I need it for music streaming etc.

Do you charge your phone through AC power or through the USB from a computer? USB charging is much much slower than regular AC power and the G3 has a HUGE 2750mAh battery which can take a while to fill up. Having said that 5hrs on AC power is not too long either. My G2 (2000mAh) charges at the rate of 15% per half hour I think - about 3 and a half hours is comfortable. Big batteries have longer charge times.

I don't have a G3. Can you please comment on your GPS lock on times. I want to do a comparison with my G2.

Edited by Shahmatt

Guest niza2000in

You should switch off wifi and bluetooth when not in use. This saves a lot of battery.

Also are you using both SIM slots? Two active SIMs will cause a higher battery consumption.

You can try enabling 2G speeds instead of 3G - under "Settings" -> Wireless & Networks: "More" -> "GPRS transfer prefer...".

If all else fails try downloading Juice Defender and using the "Balanced" profile. This minimizes phone data connections to every 15 or 30 mins for sync purposes - saving you some battery life. I find Juice Defender's notification settings to be a nuisance so I disable this and use the widget to force enable data for when I need it for music streaming etc.

Do you charge your phone through AC power or through the USB from a computer? USB charging is much much slower than regular AC power and the G3 has a HUGE 2750mAh battery which can take a while to fill up. Having said that 5hrs on AC power is not too long either. My G2 (2000mAh) charges at the rate of 15% per half hour I think - about 3 and a half hours is comfortable. Big batteries have longer charge times.

I don't have a G3. Can you please comment on your GPS lock on times. I want to do a comparison with my G2.

Hi,

Thanks for reply....I have done all the things what you have mentioned...still same problem.....

Can you please tell me this because of hardware problem or software problem.... Regarding GPS is very tough time to get signal...

Guest reganlives

My G3 is currently on its first charge but I will leave it to drain fully and let you know how long it lasts. I charged it overnight last night and have been messing around with it a bit today. Still trying to understand it all etc and I also need to do the latest update yet but will do that on the weekend as havent purchased an sd card yet.

Guest Shahmatt

Hi,

Thanks for reply....I have done all the things what you have mentioned...still same problem.....

Can you please tell me this because of hardware problem or software problem.... Regarding GPS is very tough time to get signal...

Hmmmm. I'm not sure what the trouble is then. A strange problem to me. You've tried Juicedefender? What kind of battery life are you getting now?

Yes, I think the GPS antenna is weak on these phones.

Guest niza2000in

Hmmmm. I'm not sure what the trouble is then. A strange problem to me. You've tried Juicedefender? What kind of battery life are you getting now?

Yes, I think the GPS antenna is weak on these phones.

Hi,

Even i switched off the GPS signal and tried battery life with Juice Defender..... Still have the problem....

Any you please suggest any apps can show the correct standby time...

Guest niza2000in

My G3 is currently on its first charge but I will leave it to drain fully and let you know how long it lasts. I charged it overnight last night and have been messing around with it a bit today. Still trying to understand it all etc and I also need to do the latest update yet but will do that on the weekend as havent purchased an sd card yet.

No problem, take your own time and let me know the status...

Guest reganlives

Ok, at the moment my battery is at 67%. I havent started using the phone properly yet and will be transferring over to it this weekend but I have been messing around on it downloading apps etc over wifi. The wireless has been on most of the time as well other than in the evening when I switched it off.

For a comparison, my Nokia X6 which I've had since new automatically connects to any access point which its been connected to before so the wireless is always on but I've turned off the automatic scanning on it and the battery on that lasts easily 3-4 days I think with mixed use.

Guest niza2000in

Hi,

For GPS Fix, try the following things, but am not tried these because GPS already working for me.

1. Download this file : http://www.mediafire.com/?13b8nskz5x0hhar

2. Make sure you have an updated Nandroid backup

3. Flash this file in ClockWorkMode Recovery and reboot.

4. See if the gps works.

5. If it doesn't work, restore stock ics gps H/W from here http://www.mediafire.com/?69wld5el79b7xl5

6. If it does work, ENJOY!

Guest irishpancake

I would not recommend fully draining any Battery as this can be harmful. Better to charge at 30/35%

There is nothing to be gained, as there is no memory effect with li-ion batteries and fully discharging could mean permanently damage.

Guest putbinoot

Hi All G3 Owners,

Can you please sharer the Jiayu G3 battery experience....I have problem with my battery and full charge standby show only 33hours...

Where are you getting the 33hours figure from, have you set wifi to go off when phone sleeps what is your screen brightness set at, mine is one bar from the notification area and is plenty bright for me.

Guest putbinoot

Hi All,

What are you using to charge your phone, usb socket on pc, supplied charger or another charger and what is the charge current rating of it. For a 500ma charger you are looking at 4-6hrs from 35%-100% depending on the quality of charger and it's efficiency losses.

The Jiayu g4 has just been unveiled, and is going to be the exact same price as the G3 (£120-150). I assume the G3 will also be lowered once the g4 hits the market, which is nice.

http://www.gizchina.com/2012/12/26/spy-photos-jiayu-g4-leaked-with-specification-and-pricing/

Specs:

Android

Quad Core

4.7 inch HD OGS display

3000mah and 1800mah versions

13 MP camera

Photos:

post-969101-13566522589683_thumb.jpg

post-969101-1356652280355_thumb.jpg

post-969101-13566523020669_thumb.jpg

Guest reganlives

Right then, after now having been using my G3 as my main phone for about a week I would say that with slightly higher than average usage the battery life is approx 2-2.5 days. Taking this into account, if/when I stop messing around with it then this should increase I think hopefully to 3-4 days if my estimations are correct.