Jiayu G3

Guest putbinoot

Guest putbinoot

You should of waited for the G4 ;)

And then what wait for the G5, as soon as something is released it's out of date almost. Just buy what you need, my G3 does everything I need.

Guest FrankieADZ

have to agree with u there. if u dont like the bigger screen go for the G2S.

in terms of value. I'd certainly say its one of the best phones out there. having used it for a good couple of weeks now. just waiting for the official JB update :)

What's the build quality like on the G3? Think it could survive a couple of drops?

Looking at the G4, it looks like it might support the 900mhz band O2 and Giffgaff use for their 3G/HSDPA. I might have the chance to pick one up from Hong Kong in the summer if it is out by then.

Guest reganlives

Build quality of the G3 is really good. I think it may survive drops but I would advise keeping it in a case. I managed to get one of the original Jiayu cases thrown in when I bought mine and its not bad but as its such a tight fit like other cases it has the tendency of getting in the way of the screen protector. I'm going to try and get a better screen protector to put on which will stay on even if I have a case on.

And then what wait for the G5, as soon as something is released it's out of date almost. Just buy what you need, my G3 does everything I need.

Yeah that's true, it took Jiayu ages to release the G3 :D

However, the G1/2/2S was released on time, so the Jiayu G4 may be released on time too. I'm sure the G3's release time was just a mistake.

P.s. There may be a G5 too, but it will be a 5 inch phone to compete with other phablets.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm seriously trying to decide between the G3 and G2S. My previous phone was only 3.5" screen, and I do want a larger screen. My phone is 117mm in length. But the G3 with 4.5" screen ends up being so much longer overall from my previous phone that I wonder if I'll be too likely to bend/break it, since I carry my phone in my front pants pocket. At least the G2S is only 125mm long, but the G3 is even 10mm longer than that!

Does the G3 have a metal chassis, or is it only metal on the ends that you can see? Maybe if it has metal throughout the length of the body, it will be protected from bending.

Does anyone know if the G2S has any metal in the body? I can't figure out how it is made from the descriptions I've seen so far. But I really like the rest of the G2S specifications.

Edit: ignore my taglines; they are for the Pulse forum where I usually hang out

Edited by twrock

Guest reganlives

Just to clarify for everyone, I own a G3 and from what I can see it doesnt have a metal chassis. Yes the front of the phone looks metal but I believe it is just stuck on metal bits. As for the chassis, with the back off of the phone, its all plastic so unless theres a metal frame under it then I would say its plastic but overall it is an excellent quality phone and is robust.

how does the g3/g2s campare with each other how is the battery life compared to g300, is it a lot better as i im thinking of buying one over my g300, dont get me wrong i love my g300 just want somthing thats quiker and smarter looking, where is the best place to order it including shippping, is antlife any good?

which one is better for battery life g3 or g2s?

how does the g3/g2s campare with each other how is the battery life compared to g300, is it a lot better as i im thinking of buying one over my g300, dont get me wrong i love my g300 just want somthing thats quiker and smarter looking, where is the best place to order it including shippping, is antlife any good?

which one is better for battery life g3 or g2s?

G3 is better for battery life, do not use antelife as they don't reply to emails, and they have a lot if problems. Use fastcatdtech or Uredeal. Tillaz said merimobiles is good too, but I have never used it. Personally, I would use fastcardtech.

G3 is better for battery life, do not use antelife as they don't reply to emails, and they have a lot if problems. Use fastcatdtech or Uredeal. Tillaz said merimobiles is good too, but I have never used it. Personally, I would use fastcardtech.

thanks for the advise.where did you get urs from.whats your impressions compare to g300

thanks for the advise.where did you get urs from.whats your impressions compare to g300

I don't have one, I'm planning to get a jiayu g4 which launches in a month or so.

Guest dbaseii

I got my g3 from antelife with no problem. Took about a week to arrive.

Battery life is great as is the camera.

The screen is very responsive and smooth

I got my g3 from antelife with no problem. Took about a week to arrive.

Battery life is great as is the camera.

The screen is very responsive and smooth

does the phone come with different languae installed, how much did you pay for it and what the carrige from overseas?

ps. does it come unlocked?

Edited by yaqh

Oh it has english language as well

some people said its quite bulky comparrd to g300.what do u think of it.amy isses with it.

which site did you purchase it?

Edited by yaqh