• Announcements

• Reminder - MoDaCo position on illegal content   07/30/15

ILLEGAL CONTENT I'd like to just reaffirm MoDaCo's position regarding piracy and illegal content in the light of some recent questions / postings. Posts will be censored by myself or my moderation team if the contain or link to: Illegal / pirated / cracked software or sites that host such softwareNintendo emulators / ROMs or sites hosting them (in light of Nintendo's legal stance)CUSTOM ROMS You may discuss and post links to custom device ROMs on MoDaCo, provided the following rules are adhered to: ROMs must not contain any illegal 3rd party software (this includes trial versions included without permission)ROMs must give full credit to the original authorISSUES If you have any issues with this policy, please contact PaulOBrien directly via PM.
    • Reminder: Selling items on the forum directly is not allowed   07/30/15

Please note that selling items on the forum directly is not allowed by the forum rules. There is a forum for eBay auctions whereby you can list the items on eBay and link to them there. This is the ONLY forum for this type of activity. You may also advertise links to the eBay forum in your signature. Please note that selling directly in contravention of these rules will result in a warning / suspension / ban.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

No email notifications

8 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

Hi Guys

Hope somebody can help me with this as I'm at my wits end

I have 3 android devices. Nexus 7, Huawei G300 and a Vodafone smart 858 Huawei)

The Nexus 7 and G300 have been configured with the same google account, my main account. The 858 with another google account.

Both the nexus and the g300 don't get email notifications but the 858 does.

The g300 has gone through many roms.

Whats stopping the notifications for this account?

Posted · Report post

I'm on cm9 and also don't get email notifications.More than that ,the email app only ever checks for emails when i open the app,never in the background. I'm not bothered about it not working tbh as i use my pc for emailing,but it would be nice to have it working. I dont know about gmail ,i have an account but never use it.

Posted · Report post

Are we talking Gmail or just the email app?

Posted · Report post

Are we talking Gmail or just the email app?

Any email app Frankish

Posted · Report post

Gmail always sync'd fine for me. I turn it off to save resources.

Been on gb, Pauls gb, atomic, 926, 934, infusion, 944 & cm9.

Posted · Report post

. I'm not bothered about it not working tbh as i use my pc for emailing,but it would be nice to have it working. I dont know about gmail ,i have an account but never use it.

Thought i might as well try and get this working ,and tbh all i had to do was turn on syncing for both email and gmail accounts and they are both now fully working with notifications .(now i know they work, i've turned them both off again :) )

dbaseii just check in system settings/accounts &sync that each account that you want to use has mail syncing ticked and turned on

Posted · Report post

You can also set it to check every 5/10 minutes or up to an hour intervals. (under settings)

Posted · Report post

I can assure that all things have been tried. I have even gone into cwm and done a factory reset and then set up the device with another Google account that I have. The notifications worked OK. Went back to my main Google account an the notifications stop. I'm starting to think that I have linked to many ROMs to this account and Google is now confused