Help CWM wont install?

Guest nabby21

Guest nabby21

Ok so I follwed the steps here to a T.

http://huaweig300.com/huawei-g300-install-a-custom-jelly-bean-ics-rom-from-scratch/re-root-unlock-bootloader-install-clockworkmod-recovery/

Everything was going swimmingly, up until I got to the page I posted. Re-root was fine, bootloader fine, install CWM, I click the exe file from my desktop and it just says "waiting for device" and stays that way? Why is it doing this? Can someone please help

Guest nabby21

Hi anyone? Ive tried a different USB port, Ive tried restarting computer and phone, each time i click the clockwork mod .exe file, I just get waiting for device. My phone stays on the "splash" screen, so Im assuming Im in bootloader, so what am I doing wrong?

Guest Fagulhas

Make sure you hold enough time the keys to enter fastboot mode

"Hold the Volume Down and Power on button together for 15 seconds. Your phone should start and freeze on the splash screen."

Guest nabby21

Yes I've done that. I re-root, then execute bootloader from destktop. Turn off phone, remove battery, replace battery, then hold power on and volume down for 15 seconds, it freezes on the huawei screen, I reconnect to PC, run clockwork Mod exe file from desktop, then I just get stuck with the waiting for device message. Where am I going wrong?

Guest nabby21

Ok I finally managed to install it. Just started from the beginning on a different computer and it worked! I was trying it on my laptop before which was purchased direct from manufacturer and my Desktop PC it worked on, I bought second hand, so who knows, but something to try for anyone else faced with this problem.