• Announcements

• Reminder - MoDaCo position on illegal content   07/30/15

ILLEGAL CONTENT I'd like to just reaffirm MoDaCo's position regarding piracy and illegal content in the light of some recent questions / postings. Posts will be censored by myself or my moderation team if the contain or link to: Illegal / pirated / cracked software or sites that host such softwareNintendo emulators / ROMs or sites hosting them (in light of Nintendo's legal stance)CUSTOM ROMS You may discuss and post links to custom device ROMs on MoDaCo, provided the following rules are adhered to: ROMs must not contain any illegal 3rd party software (this includes trial versions included without permission)ROMs must give full credit to the original authorISSUES If you have any issues with this policy, please contact PaulOBrien directly via PM.
    • Reminder: Selling items on the forum directly is not allowed   07/30/15

Please note that selling items on the forum directly is not allowed by the forum rules. There is a forum for eBay auctions whereby you can list the items on eBay and link to them there. This is the ONLY forum for this type of activity. You may also advertise links to the eBay forum in your signature. Please note that selling directly in contravention of these rules will result in a warning / suspension / ban.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Can't boot into clockwork mod recovery

5 posts in this topic

Posted

Ok I am the dumbest guy here as I can't get a reasonable reliable rom to work on my phone. Every time i try to install any rom the phone does not boot up into clockwork mod recovery. I have tried to instal clockwork mod recovery but it doesn;t work. All i get when I hold the volume button up and the power down is an image of an andoid onhis back with his tin can belly open and a red hazard sign.

I am on the 2030 baseband On start up it shows the vodaphone logo ( which I don't want). aNDROIS VERSION 4.0.3.

Posted

Did you do a battery pull before trying to boot into recovery

Posted

Yes I do a battery pull. wait 15 secs. I cannot download any apps as the phone is on a Vodaphone rom so I cannot connect to the internet ( I am on T mobile internet). I have found an APK file for a clock word mod recovery file . but dont know how to install an APK file from my laptop to the phone. It seems i need to reinstall clockwork mod. At the mo the phone is useless to me as I can't use any internet or gmail as the Vodaphone branding does not allow me to connect.

Posted

sorry you dont need to pull the batt to get into recovery anyway

Have you rooted and unlocked the bootloader

Posted

Have you installed ClockWorkMod Recovery?

If you have, you might need to try it again.

If you haven't, you'll need to in order to install custom ROMs anyway. As its not a function that stock recovery can perform.

Otherwise, just holding volume up and power on until you get to recovery.