[JB] [4.1.2] CyanogenMod 10.0 [ROM]

Guest Dazzozo

Hmm, is there a special way to change the ringtone, putting anything in system/media/audio/ringtones doesn't seem to work. Is it due to it being .mp3?

Can't change it by long pressing with astro so thought I would give this a go, nothing.

z5j9v.png

qUrXv.png

Am I doing something wrong and/or being very stupid? :X

Edited by Guest

Guest PixelPixie

hi all, just edited my build prop to fix the notification freeze, edited and saved ok, rebooted and went to check if the change had stuck. Opening the build prop again there wasn't any settings at all, just an error that estrong couldn't open the java string. This error was in the form of text in the build prop it's self.

Phone seems to be working, but what is the likely outcome of having a wonky build prop? Do I need to replace it?

Didn't back it up as I only changed three letters of text.

Guest younio

Hmm, is there a special way to change the ringtone, putting anything in system/media/audio/ringtones doesn't seem to work. Is it due to it being .mp3?

Can't change it by long pressing with astro so thought I would give this a go, nothing.

z5j9v.png

qUrXv.png

Am I doing something wrong and/or being very stupid? :X

Hi,

Just create a folder on your SD card '/media/audio/ringtones' and put your ringtone there.

It then should appear in the ringtone selection menu. Btw MP3 should do fine, at least it does for me.

The same you can do for alarms, and notifications ( of course accordingly change the folder name from ringtones to needed one)

EDIT: Of course, don't forget to restart your phone, maybe that's why it didn't read your file from the system partition in the first place.

Edited by younio

Hi,

Just create a folder on your SD card '/media/audio/ringtones' and put your ringtone there.

It then should appear in the ringtone selection menu. Btw MP3 should do fine, at least it does for me.

The same you can do for alarms, and notifications ( of course accordingly change the folder name from ringtones to needed one)

EDIT: Of course, don't forget to restart your phone, maybe that's why it didn't read your file from the system partition in the first place.

Oh f***, mega durp from me, didn't restart the phone, haha.

Thanks very much, have found it now :>

Guest jordanclarke69

after changing the build.prop to gpu I rebooted the phone and got stuck on the Huawei logo.

tried several restarts, no good. so had to reflash the rom.

i'm scared to try it again unless someone can tell me what i've done wrong please?

SOLVED IT!!!

Edited by jordanclarke69

Guest tricasoft

Hello,

Thanks Dazzozo for this great ROM. Did anyone complain about the battery draining too fast?

I use the ROM for about 5 days now and the battery doesn't last longer than 14h - and I didn't have time to use it very much... ICS was normally giving me around 2 days with mobile data on, wifi on, etc...

Thanks and keep up the good work!

Guest DJPRMF

Hello,

Thanks Dazzozo for this great ROM. Did anyone complain about the battery draining too fast?

I use the ROM for about 5 days now and the battery doesn't last longer than 14h - and I didn't have time to use it very much... ICS was normally giving me around 2 days with mobile data on, wifi on, etc...

Thanks and keep up the good work!

I didn't notice this. For me takes 2-3 full days to drain...

Have you tryed recalibrate the battery (check the Play Store)?

Also, if didn't work, try reflash the rom again and make sure taht erase everything that is asked (factory reset,cache,etc). :)

Edited by DJPRMF

Guest Pain_Deluxe

2-3 Days?

Wut are you doing.let it 2 Days with Screen off?!

One Day with normal using( games 3G ect 3 - 4 hours displaytime) are normal

Guest DJPRMF

2-3 Days?

Wut are you doing.let it 2 Days with Screen off?!

One Day with normal using( games 3G ect 3 - 4 hours displaytime) are normal

Well, i don't use 3G, but i use WiFi.

Along with saving tips and Juicedefender...

Also, i didn't play to much games. Only email, calls, sms and browsing (less that 1 hour day).

And, with this, i can get 2 days... i think is not a big deal, if you spend some time performing some tips to reduce the battery usage...

Guest rehan814

I am always getting these annoying complaints during calls about speaking at very low volume.

I think there is a need to increase the microphone volume. does any one else has the same problem and any work around ?

Guest DJPRMF

I am always getting these annoying complaints during calls about speaking at very low volume.

I think there is a need to increase the microphone volume. does any one else has the same problem and any work around ?

I cannot specify with the stock CM10 rom, but i have installed the app "Pimp My Rom" - http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1908269 - , and enable the "AMR Wideband".

Until now, no complains about low mic volume.

Do a backup before, jsut in case... :)

Guest rehan814

I cannot specify with the stock CM10 rom, but i have installed the app "Pimp My Rom" - http://forum.xda-dev...d.php?t=1908269 - , and enable the "AMR Wideband".

Until now, no complains about low mic volume.

Do a backup before, jsut in case... :)

ohh that seems to be a dangerous journey :D will try and let you know .. thanks a lot

Guest DJPRMF

ohh that seems to be a dangerous journey :D will try and let you know .. thanks a lot

Not at all..

If you done everything right, is not dangerous. :D

Guest jontylol

Not sure if this has been mentioned before but I don't think it has. Every so often I get a notification telling me an update is available when there isn't one. It's only happened twice since R2 came out, but I thought I'd let you know anyway :)

And this is a great rom! Once the freezes are sorted out this will be perfect!

Guest DJPRMF

Not sure if this has been mentioned before but I don't think it has. Every so often I get a notification telling me an update is available when there isn't one. It's only happened twice since R2 came out, but I thought I'd let you know anyway :)

And this is a great rom! Once the freezes are sorted out this will be perfect!

I notice this too...

But is a minor problem. :)

The workaround will be do a manual update search or increase the frequency.

Guest joandrade

Well, i notice this since i installed the ROM, but i never had asked:

In the "About " section of the phone (also in the screenshots - http://g300.thebrona...09-19-26-19.png ) the RAM for the G300 appears only 386MB, but he have 512MB.

Is that normal? And the almost 130MB are "unused"?

The 130 MB that are left are used to run things like the modem, so they always have to be allocated. For example, if you have a laptop with an integrated graphics card, you won't, most likely, see 1 GB (or whatever the spec sheet says) when you check it, you always see a bit less.

Guest ptoner

Does anyone know of a means to stop the g300 device slowing down.

I find that adding apps slows down the touch interaction processes and opening of apps etc.

Have been using Apps2SD to move all the apps that I can to the memory card, also clearing the cache frequently.

Last night, due to many apps not opening for the first time, I repaired all permissions using ROM Manager.

I have had CM 10 R2 running for two weeks and this is the first time apps would not open.

After repairing permissions, is this ok to do???? SwiftKeyBeta now has to be turned on every time I want to use it as a keyboard. The default setting is SKB but it does not glide between the keys until I enable Android keyboard then back to SKB.

Overall, it does not bother me much but I would like to thank Daz for working so hard on this and giving us all JB.

Has anyone any tips on how to stop the OS slowing down other than what I have tried already. I also am running the Processor at 1190Mhz Max, Min 320Mhz, I/O = NOOP, zRam =10%, Purging of assets, Kernel merging both enabled. So I have 755.92mb in total and 210.43mb available. I find that if this drops below 210mb or close to 200mb then my OS slows down.

Any help would be much appreciated.

EDIT

Seems like Swift Key Flow Beta version that i was using expired today.

New beta update available. Sorted the Swiftkey Flow issue :)

http://www.swiftkey.net/en/blog/new-swiftkey-flow-beta/

Edited by ptoner

Guest intensedarkness

Does anyone know of a means to stop the g300 device slowing down.

I find that adding apps slows down the touch interaction processes and opening of apps etc.

Have been using Apps2SD to move all the apps that I can to the memory card, also clearing the cache frequently.

Last night, due to many apps not opening for the first time, I repaired all permissions using ROM Manager.

I have had CM 10 R2 running for two weeks and this is the first time apps would not open.

After repairing permissions, is this ok to do???? SwiftKeyBeta now has to be turned on every time I want to use it as a keyboard. The default setting is SKB but it does not glide between the keys until I enable Android keyboard then back to SKB.

Overall, it does not bother me much but I would like to thank Daz for working so hard on this and giving us all JB.

Has anyone any tips on how to stop the OS slowing down other than what I have tried already. I also am running the Processor at 1190Mhz Max, Min 320Mhz, I/O = NOOP, zRam =10%, Purging of assets, Kernel merging both enabled. So I have 755.92mb in total and 210.43mb available. I find that if this drops below 210mb or close to 200mb then my OS slows down.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Did you do a full wipe/factory reset + format system and cust before installing this rom?

Have you considered doing this? (+ battery pulling before CWM boot and after formats)

App issues like the ones you have described should not be happening.

I would strongly recommend not restoring app data, just backup SMS,Contacts,MMS,Whatapp messages, and all your APKs with something like SMSBackupand Restore and AppBackup and restore (same author on Play Store), non-root functions.

Guest ptoner

Thank you for responding intensedarkness.

Yes, I did do a full wipe/factory reset + format when installing the ROM, then installed the apps etc as new.

The app issues stopped after a reboot and repair of permissions.

The SwiftKeyFlow issue seems to stem from the beta running out and I have updated to the new version released today and I am back in business. :)

It only happened the once the apps not opening etc. Hasn't since thankfully.

Normally it runs very fast and well.

I do have issue with the OS slowing down tho if I edge towards 200Mb free using my settings above.

Is this right, am I doing something wrong in my settings?

Edited by ptoner

Guest rehan814

Not at all..

If you done everything right, is not dangerous. :D

Well I tried this thing but it didn't work for me.. instead my earpiece sound got shifted to speakers during the calls.. so :(