[JB] [4.1.2] CyanogenMod 10.0 [ROM]

Guest Dazzozo

Guest joandrade

Look what I got a jandy cane.. first time.

I noticed that on Christmas and thought it was a Christmas easter egg :D

Those of you who have been having 3G/mobile data related reboots, exactly how old are your sim cards?

As in, when did your network providers issue them to you in years/months approx?

Vodafone PT, the SIM card is around 7-8 years old.

Also, did anyone else edit build.prop and the "Disable HW Overlays" option is still unchecked when you reboot? Because mine does that. Any solution?

Guest oldfella

Also, did anyone else edit build.prop and the "Disable HW Overlays" option is still unchecked when you reboot? Because mine does that. Any solution?

-------

mine does the same - I assume its working OK as I dont have any of the related problems

Guest Colossae3.23

yeah, "I think" that what people were saying earlier: that when you change the buildprop it does the work, but doesn't effect the tickbox. I'm back on CM9 now anyway, but I think this correct

Doing some detective work. What network are you on?

Anyone else with mobile data reboots? How old are the sim cards you're using?

i have Vodafone card.. its relative new.. 6 or 8 months old sim.. its Sim plus.. V128 ... i think 128kb and all 4 devices in our company have same sim card model.. restart on 3G data is 100% just everytime..

Edited by kosac

Guest fuddman

Those of you who have been having 3G/mobile data related reboots, exactly how old are your sim cards?

As in, when did your network providers issue them to you in years/months approx?

I'm on O2, card is about 3 years old now. Was originally used on my Iphone 3G.

Guest nsmacd1

-------

mine does the same - I assume its working OK as I dont have any of the related problems

-------

Can anyone please post the build.prop edit for disabling hardware overlays, as going through over 1000 posts is a bit time consuming! - Thanks in advance :)

Guest oldfella

If you want to disable hw overlays permanently, so you don't need to set it after each reboot, edit this line in build.prop (thanks to kra1o5 for pointing that out):

debug.composition.type=mdp

And change mdp for gpu, like this:

debug.composition.type=gpu

Guest glorifiedg

Vodafone Portugal, SIM card with 3-4 years.

Not a single reboot till now (using r2 with overclock at 1.2ghz)

Edited by glorifiedg

Guest nsmacd1

If you want to disable hw overlays permanently, so you don't need to set it after each reboot, edit this line in build.prop (thanks to kra1o5 for pointing that out):

Top man! - Many thanks!

Vodafone Portugal, SIM card with 3-4 years.

Not a single reboot till now (using r2 with overclock at 1.2ghz)

i think the problem is caused because of Overclock. i notice that i cant do overclock on CM10, i dont now why, but a simple 100mhz OC will cause reboot after some minutes/hours. i have mobile data always on and not a single reboot if processor is on standard values.

edit: i missed the part that you have not reboots lool.

Edited by vice17

Guest joandrade

i think the problem is caused because of Overclock. i notice that i cant do overclock on CM10, i dont now why, but a simple 100mhz OC will cause reboot after some minutes/hours. i have mobile data always on and not a single reboot if processor is on standard values.

edit: i missed the part that you have not reboots lool.

I've had random reboots when I was on 3G long before I overclocked.

Guest Colossae3.23

I think they were changing the other line too. The other one with mdp changed to gpu (can't quote it cause I'm gone from CM10 for now) Might not be important, but I did follow suit when it was mentioned before, I changed the two, and suffered no ill effects.

Guest nsmacd1

I think they were changing the other line too. The other one with mdp changed to gpu (can't quote it cause I'm gone from CM10 for now) Might not be important, but I did follow suit when it was mentioned before, I changed the two, and suffered no ill effects.

Just did the one line & seems to be OK (so far!) - Not ticked in settings, but have had no freezes or crashes etc and all seems to be working fine for the last couple of hours.

Guest wappooo

Hi everyone.. With nova launcher prime if i hide status bar and show only when i need With a gesture, It doesn't freeze!

I use battery hd widget and i set a gesture that show notification bar... Using also the appena "notification pro" the status bar become useless! All that without thicking Overlay hw... I Hope to be usefull :D

Thanks dazzozo for this rom... Awesome :D

Guest buckleheid

just installed the R2 version rom using the all the guides,including upgrading from older baseband,re-root,CWM install and i followed them EXACTLY AS DESCRIBED,no problems at all,installed quickly and without a problem,happy days.

ive been hesitant to do this for quite some time,if i knew it would be this easy i would have done it ages ago :)

many thanks to all who contributed to all the help topics and the rom makers,great work,thanks so much

Edited by buckleheid

Guest jamie_w

Well ive finally took the plunge and rooted my phone. I followed these great guides and everythings working. So a big thanks to everyone involved

:D :D :D :D :D :D

Guest clauscdi

I've had random reboots when I was on 3G long before I overclocked.

I've had random reboots on any custom rom installed via cwm; the fix for me was to grab an official rom (B952) from Huawei site, rooted the phone so I could uninstall unnecessary programs; I didn't unlock the bootloader, so I'm not able to install any custom roms anymore, but I don't have annoying random reboots.

Guest joandrade

I've had random reboots on any custom rom installed via cwm; the fix for me was to grab an official rom (B952) from Huawei site, rooted the phone so I could uninstall unnecessary programs; I didn't unlock the bootloader, so I'm not able to install any custom roms anymore, but I don't have annoying random reboots.

It only happened to me on CM10.

Guest bluemarine57

Hello.

I've flashed this rom again after an unsuccessful attempt, with storage SD problems and some notification bar freeze.

This time I've wiped the device and flashed the rom with TWRP 2.3.3.1.

After almost 10 days I had only few random reboots when I've OC to 1190 Mhz but no problems with SD, camera, games, and so on.

Now I came back to 1008 Mhz and I had not reboots yet.

I use Nova Launcher Prime and HD Widgets.

Actually I've not disabled HW overlays.

The rom works very well.

Thank you Dazzozo ! :)