[JB] [4.1.2] CyanogenMod 10.0 [ROM]

Guest Dazzozo

Guest soulhand

Some oddities. These may well be my phone, not the ROM but I thought I'd mention them anyway

Battery life is a very subjective thing, but I think it's worse with R4 than R3. Barely lasts a day of my normal use now, easily did before.

Pressing the Home button briefly - the phone takes ages to react some times, then treats it as a long-press (shows the recent apps). I am definitely only doing a short press (I changed the delay to medium, didn't affect this). This one drives me nuts.

A couple of times - weird behaviour on touch - select an icon, another one launches instead (one of the other icons on the screen,so it seems it's just getting the location of the touch wrong). I think this has always been when its charging, but hasn't happened enough yet to be sure.

Google mail frequently has restarted when I launch it again (it says waiting for sync sometimes, instead of - as normal - immedialtely showing some messages).

Googe mail takes ages to show a message some times, other times it's as fast as I expect

Guest PixelPixie

+1 for increased battery usage on r4 compared to r3. R3 needed charging everyday, this phone does get a lot of use and I always thought this to be good. R4 needs charging 3 times a day so far. One hours surfing on 3g uses 30% and will use 10% per hour on mobile standby.

After using CM10 R4 for about a day:

-No freezes or reboots at all

-Some graphical glitches appeared when using some apps, nothing major

-Only two app crashes (installed about 20 apps & tested all of them, incl. games)

-Games run smooth

-Tested a 480p .flv video (with VLC) but it was laggy... how do i fix this?

-Calling quality is good (people hear me well, i hear them pretty good too)

-Vibration is too soft... (when i recieved a call, i coudnt feel my phone vibrating in my pocket), how do i increase this?

-Wifi works good & fast (havent tested 2g/3g yet)

-Chrome, firefox & dolphin browser work fine & fast

-Battery could be better... my little brother played a game for like half an hour, and it went down 30%; dont know if this is normal

-Lock screen works very good & smooth

Edited by y4ss1n

Guest jamie_w

So far on R4 the only issue ive come across is the in call volume. During a call no matter how low the volume is it is always very loud for both me and the caller.

Anyone else getting no sound on BBC iplayer? Picture is ok. Volume levels are all up.

Actually I've lost all sound on the phone.

FIXED IT.

SPIRIT FM is to blame. I'm running the lasted free (18/1/2013) Spirit FM . If you leave it in headphone mode when you close Spirit FM then all sounds via the speaker stop (I didn't check if you could hear them through headphones as I didn't have any to hand). If you switch it back to speaker mode before closing Spirit FM then all phone sounds work as normal through the speaker.

Edited by Guest

While using Wifi I have no problems but there's a HUGE battery drain while using 3g. Like in 15 minutes it dropped from 45% to 15%..

Edited by fmgc13

Guest Berkay1343

it does have something to do with cm10 because on cm10 r3 none of my games seemed to work but in r4 they work fine even though i didnt mension that i will be making a video for BUIlD R5 and remember to watch my video which is going to be on how to get Gangster Rio City which is incompatible :)

Well this question has probably been asking multiple times, was gonna try CM9 for the first time but then wondered about CM10, is this rom currently good for everyday usage or still too buggy compared to CM9 R6? Thanks.

Guest nsmacd1

Jut wondering if anyone else is getting the same - Since doing the latest update (full wipes etc) when I click 'Install' in Play store (in web browser), nothing comes through or downloads to the phone as it did before. It works fine accessing play store on the device itself.

When setting up the phone after installing the ROM, all Play Store apps start to auto-download & install so the problem is not there initially.

I have wiped & reflashed the ROM & GAPPS a couple of times but it has made no difference.

All looks OK in the Play Store settings - ie register date & last used date, so I'm stuck!

Also a few times when I have rebooted the phone the main wallpaper only shows and a jumbled mess appears at the top where the notification icon should be - A second reboot will fix this though

Edited by nsmacd1

Guest andyskelly

just like to say been using cm9 for a few months and decided to take the plunge with cm10. so much quicker and I have had no issues as yet. been running it for 4 days now. I did not do. a clean install just upgraded. works great many thanks

Guest jamie_w

On the official ics the alarm would wake up the phone( when powered off) but now with cm10 it doesnt. This is a big thing for me as i use my phone as my alarm.

Guest Colossae3.23

it works for me coming off sleep (not me the phone) ;) I never knew ICS would turn on your phone then sound the alarm.

PS: not sure what happened to the text, its not intentional

Edited by Colossae3.23

Getting stuck at boot after a clean install with full wipes, both on CM10 R4 and CM9 R6.............. Seriously, wtf. Cyanogenmod just isn't working for me at all, anyone knows what's up?

Getting stuck at boot after a clean install with full wipes, both on CM10 R4 and CM9 R6.............. Seriously, wtf. Cyanogenmod just isn't working for me at all, anyone knows what's up?

Try CM10 R3. I was unable to install R4 too. I know at least two people that are unable to install R4 even after full memory wipe, but are able to use R3 with no problem...