[JB] [4.1.2] CyanogenMod 10.0 [ROM]

Guest Dazzozo

Guest Colossae3.23

Oh btw, does anyone know how to fix it not recognizing a USB connection? I know it isn't a new issue, therefore if anyone knows how to fix it, I'd appreciate it.

Think you mean mass storage mode? You can to it from settings/storage then hit menu button choose usb connections. In there are your three modes. I think default is set to MTP

Edited by Colossae3.23

Think you mean mass storage mode? You can to it from settings/storage then hit menu button choose usb connections. In there are your three modes. I think default is set to MTP

Indeed, thank you. Now it detects when it's plugged into the computer automatically once again. :)

So I only have to problems with CM10 (that I also had with CM9..):

- Huge battery drain while using 3g

- Lag when pressing the button that shows apps/widgets

Does anyone else has this problems?

Daz do you know why this happen?

Thanks for your hardwork! Best Rom for G300!

Guest BillBong

Tried R4 for a few days and fnding similar bugs as mentioned:

- battery drain on 3G (over 1% per minute)

- sometimes random lagging/glitching on "normal" apps use (browser, dialler etc)

- screen "tearing"/freeze on boot up with lock screen problems

I now just had a problem trying to access Settings where it kept jumping back out to the home screen each time, and reboots kept glitching on the lock screen/freeze.

I've now restored my R2 nandroid which was running almost perfectly for me (the LED thing was the only small problem in this release) so happy to wait and watch developments. Thanks for all your efforts.

Guest Dazzozo

R2 was slow as hell :P

I have no idea what this 3G battery drain people are reporting is. Nothing has changed regarding the RIL since CM9 R2.

Freezing on boot up is gone, that was genuinely a bug with those builds. Other than that, it's basically either slow UI, or occasional graphical glitches at the moment depending on the build. I'm not a miracle worker, when a solution is found it'll be right here. :P

Guest Colossae3.23

So camera apps are working? That's all that is keeping me on cm9

Don't think so Sam, just tried a magnifier app that uses camera. No joy. Exposure comp. in the camera app itself still isn't working either, I know that has kept others from this, but not me. I like Jellybeans too much

Guest Higgy69

Hi,

Thanks for update. I just had a quick play with R5.

- auto brightness is broken. My bad, will test more. It just seemed to go full brightness.

- camera / bar code scanning apps not working. GFX errors on screen.

Thanks.

Edited by Higgy69

R2 was slow as hell :P

I have no idea what this 3G battery drain people are reporting is. Nothing has changed regarding the RIL since CM9 R2.

Freezing on boot up is gone, that was genuinely a bug with those builds. Other than that, it's basically either slow UI, or occasional graphical glitches at the moment depending on the build. I'm not a miracle worker, when a solution is found it'll be right here. :P

To me the 3G drain happened in all CM9 and CM10 releases :(

Edited by fmgc13

I can see the autobrightness problem too, it stays 100% lit though it doesn't always happen, but it's there. I have it set at 25-50% just so I don't get randomly semi-blind for looking at the screen in my dark room.

Also, anyone having some battery issues? I lost about 40% in the last 6 hours or so, and don't think 3G has much impact on it.

Edited by kupp

I can see the autobrightness problem too, it stays 100% lit though it doesn't always happen, but it's there. I have it set at 25-50% just so I don't get randomly semi-blind for looking at the screen in my dark room.

Also, anyone having some battery issues? I lost about 40% in the last 6 hours or so, and don't think 3G has much impact on it.

The problem is not when you have the 3G and you're not doing anything (facebook, browser, etc) but it drops a lot when you're acessing the internet...

Guest Dazzozo

Apparently that's a bug with the light sensor and happens on stock ROMs relating to starting the phone in low light...

The problem is not when you have the 3G and you're not doing anything (facebook, browser, etc) but it drops a lot when you're acessing the internet...

Have wifi on but haven't gone browsing the web, so that shouldn't be it probably? Do you actually have to be doing something or is it enough to be connected?

Apparently that's a bug with the light sensor and happens on stock ROMs relating to starting the phone in low light...

Fair enough. The battery is starting to worry me though, I've had the phone charging for the last 3 hours and only got to 60% with only a few sms sent while plugged in, the last 3% took me about half an hour and it looks like i'ts starting to deplete again fast. The battery graph in settings gives me a 53% screen usage and 17% on wifi, wich to my knowledge, is good? Regardless, this is really odd... Gonna see how it behaves tomorrow, but gonna try flashing another rom and see what I get if it remains this way. Wonder if clearing the battery stats in cwm does anything in this case, I did install CM9/10Infusion about a dozen times this afternoon alone... Pretty sure I wiped the battery stats somewhere along there too.

Edited by kupp

Have wifi on but haven't gone browsing the web, so that shouldn't be it probably? Do you actually have to be doing something or is it enough to be connected?

It's not enough being connected. You actually have to be doing something

And the problem is with 3G, not wifi

Edited by fmgc13

installed R5...for me everything is working great apart from VOIP apps.

thanks Dazz for ur hard work. keep it up

hi

what VOIP apps are you using ? and what VOIP provider are you on ?

thanks

Guest PixelPixie

Just installed r5, rebooted and excitedly went straight to the now working battery stats (nice one Daz).

Really surprised at what I saw. If it is to be believed Maps 30%, screen 20%, Google search 16%, Android system 12%, everything else under 10%.

This is surprising as haven't used maps or google search. So am guessing it is to do with location services trying to get a fix with slow 3g, As I haven't had Wi-Fi for 5 weeks after moving and bt being incredibly poor at reconnecting me. Maybe leaving Wi-Fi on would of helped, as i believe even without a network it helps to get a GPS fix.

This was on r4 so will see how the battery holds up on r5, then try disabling location services to see if it helps if the battery drain is still high.

Thanks Daz for the continued support and development :-) .

My battery seems to be running down quite quickly with this ROM

It has happened in versions R3, R4 and still now in R5

I use several widgets, Battery Solo Widget, Data Counter Widget and Digi Clock widgets having used them with Stock+ and Infusion as well as earlier on my Blade

I leave my phone in Airplane mode overnight and with all the widgets installed on other ROMS had little to no apparent battery usage overnight

However with the three versions of CM10 that is no longer the case

So with CM10R3 and Battery Solo & Digi Clock installed (in Airplane mode again) overnight suddenly the battery dropped from 100% to 87 or 88%

Tested this by re-installing from scratch - yes followed the instructions fully - and then only installed these two widgets - same happened

When R4 came out tried it all again and the same sort of numbers again

Just then to try and get a 'control' I re-installed - again from scratch - and left the system alone - without any widgets installed there was little to no battery usage

Finally we have R5 - but this time with battery stats

Just installed it last night - and put Data Counter widget on this time

About 4% usage overnight - with the widget showing first in the list in Battery stats

My standard setup is CPU - min 320 max 1228, Smartassv2, NOOP with 18% ZRAM

Have changed gps.cong, set my own wallpaper and turned lockscreen off

Anyone else found problems with widgets using battery ?

Guest Dante2070

Various camera apps are (still) not working for me, like google goggles and smart tools. Is there a fix for that? Everything else seems to work great.