[OFFTOPIC] China Phone Discussion - UPDATED 30/10/2013

Guest kyan31

Guest salvy

Has anyone bought this 7 inch tablet by hkc. I bought one but didn't reach in my hand. It's specs are v.good and very low price of $64...But I couldn't find the website. Can someone help in finding the website? Thanks

http://en.jd.com/pro...ell/810256.html

Looks like a good tablet for the price, shame I can't find any review about this tablet.

Ordered a rooted v5 with case on the 27th and it shipped on the 1st via Singapore post. Hope to get it soon and will report on the case.

Any chance you could post some photos of the case (and the phone in the case) when it arrives? Thanks!

Guest e45cream

Any chance you could post some photos of the case (and the phone in the case) when it arrives? Thanks!

Yeah, no problem.

Guest blaster99999

The above was aimed at you blaster99...(forgot to quote via mobile!)

I'm gonna have a look at some specs and vids on youtube, so I'll get back to you whether I take one of them off you.

Reading about the dual sim options, can you tell me if the v970 has 2xmini sim or mini/micro combo? and which of them has data? (if its mini/micro i'm gonna have to go cut up my tmob sim!)

The zte v970 takes 2 full size sims

Guest blaster99999

Well I found something about that here:

http://www.chinaphonearena.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=657

Don't know if it helps or not though as I don't have a Chinese phone yet :P

will look into this as I've not managed a GPS lock yet , but thought it was because I was in house or in the car, will try and post some pics and video of the phone tonight after 8, I need a proper case desperate the phone is too slippy for my liking

Guest RicardoABCosta

I'm thinking of getting an Umi X2 2Gb MTK6589T Version phone.

Many chinese stores are advertising and selling the Umi X2 2Gb MTK6589 Turbo... but from what I've read, the Umi x2 mtk6589T version is coming out only on the 15th of July...

ex: http://www.achinasel...Smart-Phone.htm

(see phone specs, questions&answers and reviews)

Scam or legit?

Edited by RicardoABCosta

Guest Sere83

I'm thinking of getting an Umi X2 2Gb MTK6589T Version phone.

Many chinese stores are advertising and selling the Umi X2 2Gb MTK6589 Turbo... but from what I've read, the Umi x2 mtk6589T version is coming out only on the 15th of July...

ex: http://www.achinasel...Smart-Phone.htm

(see phone specs, questions&answers and reviews)

Scam or legit?

Yes the turbo version has definitely not been released yet. Anywhere advertising it is lying. The currently available 2GB Umi X2 uses MT6589 not turbo version. Very few retailers actually have stock of the UMI X2 at the moment. I know antelife.com is an official UMI retailer, I have no personal experience of the site though so do not what they are like to deal with...

http://www.antelife....ogs-screen.html

Also $350 in too much for the Umi X2.

Edited by Sere83

Guest blaster99999

The above was aimed at you blaster99...(forgot to quote via mobile!)

I'm gonna have a look at some specs and vids on youtube, so I'll get back to you whether I take one of them off you.

Reading about the dual sim options, can you tell me if the v970 has 2xmini sim or mini/micro combo? and which of them has data? (if its mini/micro i'm gonna have to go cut up my tmob sim!)

you need to look on land will for the hero v6888

Guest ChrisPNE

What's the battery like on the v5 then?

Also how is the internal memory partitioned? How much app storage is there?

Edited by ChrisPNE

Guest kaizoku_san

thanks blaster.

I'll stick with my v970. Don't want a 512mb phone anymore, I need more juice in my phones now, which I hope the v970 has plenty of.

also, having checked my tracking, it shows as "Departure from outward office of exchange" since Monday!

More waiting for me then!

Guest Tamthebam79

Guest blaster99999

v5 , bit of a update not had a lot of spare time with work today , the battery is very good ive had both sims working all day Bluetooth on as it connects auto to my works van handsfree Bluetooth, and left wifi turned on, so everything on basically, ive been trying to get a gps lock all day so had google maps on for a few hours also been on net about a hour and taking phone calls for about half hour , ive just had the phone outside for last hour trying to get a gps lock again, well after all that battery hammering im still showing 23% that's 15 hours use and quite a lot of use and usually it takes about a week of charges to condition the battery for peak performance. Regarding memory partions, internal is showing 2.45gb free with about 200 mb used , but under default write disk there sd card is high lighted and ive not changed it the phone came like that. Regarding the gps , you have to follow the guide posted above and use the 2 apps to help without you have no chance of getting a gps lock, now it takes 30 seconds so happy with that. Edited by blaster99999

Guest blaster99999

thanks blaster.

I'll stick with my v970. Don't want a 512mb phone anymore, I need more juice in my phones now, which I hope the v970 has plenty of.

also, having checked my tracking, it shows as "Departure from outward office of exchange" since Monday!

More waiting for me then!

just given my v970 to daughter she is well pleased with it, as I was its a quality phone for the money

Guest ChrisPNE
bit of a update not had a lot of spare time with work today , the battery is very good ive had both sims working all day Bluetooth on as it connects auto to my works van handsfree Bluetooth, and left wifi turned on, so everything on basically, ive been trying to get a gps lock all day so had google maps on for a few hours also been on net about a hour and taking phone calls for about half hour , ive just had the phone outside for last hour trying to get a gps lock again, well after all that battery hammering im still showing 23% that's 15 hours use and quite a lot of use and usually it takes about a week of charges to condition the battery for peak performance. Regarding memory partions, internal is showing 2.45gb free with about 200 mb used , but under default write disk there sd card is high lighted and ive not changed it the phone came like that. Regarding the gps , you have to follow the guide posted above and use the 2 apps to help without you have no chance of getting a gps lock, now it takes 30 seconds so happy with that.

So all 2.45GB is available for apps?

How does the screen look in direct sunlight compared to the G300?

Thanks for all the info. :)

Guest blaster99999

showing 2.45gb free internal storage with 235mb used , ram 508mb used 466 mb free , lot brighter screen than the g300 so is better in strong light, only found 3 problems so far , 1st gps not locking on signal, but follow the guide above and its sorted, 2nd I find my data sim set to gsm/wcdma(auto mode) seems to stop more on g than on 3g or h, but if I select prefer wcdma only in network mode it usually jumps straight to h , 3rd on Bluetooth uhp connection to my car sometimes switches between sim cards and I need it to stop on my work sim.

Guest Sere83

showing 2.45gb free internal storage with 235mb used , ram 508mb used 466 mb free , lot brighter screen than the g300 so is better in strong light, only found 3 problems so far , 1st gps not locking on signal, but follow the guide above and its sorted, 2nd I find my data sim set to gsm/wcdma(auto mode) seems to stop more on g than on 3g or h, but if I select prefer wcdma only in network mode it usually jumps straight to h , 3rd on Bluetooth uhp connection to my car sometimes switches between sim cards and I need it to stop on my work sim.

I used to actually have a similar issue with 3G on my MiOne but seems to have fixed itself, with updates. Glad to hear there's no really huge glaring issues so far though.

vowney v5 new custom rom says its rooted and 4.2.2 with some bug fixes.http://www.needrom.com/mobile/vowney-v5-4/

Looks interesting although 'Samsung S4 UI framework beautification' doesn't sound great, definitely don't want it looking like touchwiz!

Edited by Sere83

Guest blaster99999

v5 update ive some how managed to get cwm into mostly English and managed a user data back up not too easy but got there, ive also now found a version of co pilot 9 that works, will give it a try out tomorrow

Guest aliaird

I'm really hacked off. I ordered a 2GB Jiayu G4 on 22 April from Mentoo. It said it was in stock but I'd seen on here it was being delayed. Anyway, after numerous delays (always me asking for an update though to be fair they always responded immediately) I decided to go with a 1GB phone as I like my current Jiayu G2, I am keen on Gorilla glass as have broken 2 phone screens in the past, and I think 5 inch screen might be a little too large for my hands.

I agreed a week ago to have the 1GB and came back from my trip abroad (to Hong Kong where I could have probably bought one!) to find nothing. Chased last night to be told today that they have changed their Paypal account so they have refunded me my money and asked me to pay again...

I'm tempted to look again a the V5 given people's choices and experience here (and it's £60 cheaper!)

So cross, I've waited 6 weeks and got nowhere whilst I struggle with a broken screen....

Guest blaster99999

the more i use the vowney v5 the more im liking it, biggest phone ive owned so not too easy to use one handed, one down side ive found is when on a phone call the ear speaker is tinny sounding dont know if there is a fix for this.

Guest Wacky.ddw

I just passed my exam for my drivers license and i got message that my Xiaomi Mi-2s is delivered at the post office :D Tommorow i can pick it up :D :D

Guest shuete

I just passed my exam for my drivers license and i got message that my Xiaomi Mi-2s is delivered at the post office :D Tommorow i can pick it up :D :D

Well congrats you must be really happy

Guest nsmacd1

Verne V5 or Jiayu G4?

I am looking at both at the moment and can't decide! (Edging towards the V5 for the price)

Which is better supported - ie with custom ROMs/Mods/forums etc as I know I'll be playing around with it a lot, as I do with the G300 :D

Also, which sites are recommended by you guys, as I've seen stories of Paypal accounts closing and money being refunded/having to start the order process again