[OFFTOPIC] China Phone Discussion - UPDATED 30/10/2013

Guest kyan31

Guest Sere83

is it a video or text review??

Text, I may try and make some accompanying vids but I'm not sure I have another phone/camera available where the quality is good enough to make it worthwhile

Edited by Sere83

Guest JetKun

Text, I may try and make some accompanying vids but I'm not sure I have another phone/camera available where the quality is good enough to make it worthwhile

Sounds pretty cool, can't wait.

Has anyone used touch-us.com or to2c.com? Anyone, anyone, anyone? It seems really popular on 4Pda.Ru from what google translate is saying

Edited by JetKun

Guest JetKun

when do you guys reckon the Jiayu G4's price will drop? I've been searching in vain for something similarly powerful and yet with a bit more storage at the same price point... All I'm getting are 5 inch phones... :(

edit: whooops double post

Edited by JetKun

Guest JetKun

Faea Penguin F2 5" FHD with NFC & OTG

First appearances in shops for $230, should drop soon to

promised price, sub $200

20130624060817234.png

Dimensions and battery? Google cannot yield consistent results.

Also where was that g4 place you were talking about a few pagesback? t

Guest deuse

Hoping someone can help me here.

I just had a call from a women who claimed to be DHL canada and that I need to pay £11 more

for the cost of the shipping of my phone. I did ask her how she got my number ect

but she would not answer. She also said it was a tax? I said "vat" she said yes so I said

that will be put on(if any) when it gets here. Then I said I was calling DHL UK and she put the phone down!

My phone is at "Arrived at Sort Facility HONG KONG - HONG KONG" do any of you think its a con?

cant contact merimobiles at the mow.

Forgot to say her number was with held as well. I have emailed DHL and told them but as their office is closed I will have to wait till monday now.

Edited by deuse

Anyone noticed that the Newman K1 is now £4 more than the Vowney V5 on merimobiles?

http://www.merimobiles.com/newman-k1-android4-2-mt6589-quad-core-1g-ram-dual-sim-1280-720-5-inch-ips-hd-8mpx_p/meri8126.htm?setCurrencyId=41

Just wondering if anyone has used a K1 and had the same GPS and 3G problems as the Vowney V5? Getting really tempted to buy something now!

Guest bryfly

OK I just checked the site https://epayments.dhl.co.uk/ put in my tracking number and it wants £11 paid now. wonder why

as i've already paid the shop £15.

Oh well just paid it :( won't be shopping in china again.

I guess from what I've read elsewhere the £15 to merimobiles was for shipping DHL and the £11 for DHL is the VAT @20% on the declared value on the package

Guest kieranswhite

By the way i wouldnt rely on free tracking. the tracking says my phone left china on the 24th and that's it!

The phone arrived today so it took 5 days after leaving china from the merimobiles shipping site

Guest Maringer

OK I just checked the site https://epayments.dhl.co.uk/ put in my tracking number and it wants £11 paid now. wonder why

as i've already paid the shop £15.

Oh well just paid it :( won't be shopping in china again.

When I bought a tablet from a Chinese shop last year using DHL shipping, it was delivered without issue, but I later received an invoice from DHL for the VAT which I had to pay.

I don't think there is anything suspicious about this and was half-expecting some sort of additional charge when I ordered my tablet.

Guest deuse

By the way i wouldnt rely on free tracking. the tracking says my phone left china on the 24th and that's it!

The phone arrived today so it took 5 days after leaving china from the merimobiles shipping site

Thanks all. I thought(silly me) I would get it cheaper but I can get the same phone for £170 inc delivery. Oh well learnt my lesson.

I will call DHL on monday to see where it is. Thanks for the advice everyone :)

Edited by deuse

Guest dakok

Interesting that there`s no much talk here about a great 4.5" phone

Xiaomi M2A. It is a bit above $280 + postage, but specs are much

better than mtk6589 we discuss here:

Dual core Qualcomm Krait 300 1.7GHz / Adreno320 GPU

1/16 Gb

WCDMA 900/1900/2100MHz

GPS/GLONASS

Camera F/2.0

MHL + OTG

MIUI v5 (official :))

Antutu score ~18000

Even cheaper on beexz website (not sure if trusted)

Arranhs, this is the one to buy when you go to China! (~ $245)!!!

Guest Maringer

One thing that is noticeable is that the Chinese really seem to have a thing for phones with black front and white rear casings as so many of the new phones announced have this type of design.

Not a fan of this colour scheme myself, but it must be fashionable over there!

Guest deuse

My i2000 came to from merimobiles and it only took 3 and half days! result :)

Now trying to see if the MT6589T version are overclocked or a new SOC

Liking the K2 newman. Hope the price is below £200 .

Edited by deuse

Guest Degurney

Nice review.. I had the phone, case and screen protectors in the basket last ... Just couldn't hit paypal :(

The whole GPS thing worries me......

Guest JetKun

OK, just want to say that Touch-Us.com are a credible alternative to Merimobiles...had a chat with their customer service and they seem eager to solve any problems!

Guest apple2005

May not be a place to post this but I couldn't find a suitable forum to discuss. Ya, I want to ask if anybody has experienced voyo a15 tablet. I have ordered one from spemall.com... And will be reaching in few days... Sorry if I posted in a wrong thread.. Thanks.

Guest Maringer

Actually, I've just noticed that pretty much none of the phones mentioned in this thead appear to support the MHL standard.

In fact, it seems that the newer Huawei phones don't seem to advertise support for MHL either, though a number of their earlier devices did.

Very strange.

Does anyone know what the actual situation with these Chinaphones and MHL support is? Do they not bother with MHL to cut costs?