[OFFTOPIC] China Phone Discussion - UPDATED 30/10/2013

Guest kyan31

What I said was he gave me some advice not that he condoned what I had bought.

I just wanted to pass on my experience to other readers of this board not to get your opinion.

Seems that unless we have bought some never heard off obscure phone we are not wanted here.

So Bye.

Sorry, but I just had to kick you a little - to make you think.

Phones you named are clones of big name phones.

They used to be an interesting cheap buy.

But chinese managed to learn how to make a quality phone and developed

dozens of factories that produce small batches of own quality brands.

These "obscure" names are as good as most Samsung, Sony, Nokia models.

Some are even better.

For the price that is, at least, two times less.

Chinese are very proud of them and they don`t buy HDC, Star, Galaxy..... anymore.

Xiaomi, one of the most promising brands has huge international fan base

for it`s advanced android version: MIUI

http://en.miui.com/

So this is not something no one heard of.

Guest metal.mickey

i checked out the S4 and decided against simply from a couple of bad reviews re lag and battery life. Id really like to hear that ive been proved wrong and that the majority of experiences re china phones are positive. Please keep us updated with your experiences or more importantly a review.

theres a chance you could influence a prospective buyer with your overall experience of the phone/seller.

MM

Guest tillaz

Tillaz surely wouldnt advice that transaction.

think he asked me about a phone on eBay, which i told him there where better spec phone's from china for the price,

must of been a while ago as iv'e not replied to any PM's for a long time now, i wouldn't even recommend paying £177 pound for any china phone to be honest

£100 / £130 would be my limit.

I bought into this chinese way of thought and went for the Lenovo A820

Have used it for a week now and all i can say is why did i put up with a g300 for so long, everything happens in realtime no lag no fuss. I went for this as 4.5 screen is big enough and you can still use it one handed albeit a slight struggle. as good as the g300

Love the phone it weighs in at below manufacture specs at 144g so much the same as the g300, screen is as good as the g300 and no problems with gps. I would say the GPS is better on the lenovo as i have a signal in house as i did not before. Having used the gps to work no problems it works.

Battery is great on this should see 2 days, all i can say is its better than the g300 but takes longer to charge.

Camera is ok but no flash, it does however offer loads of settings in exposure and what not but not exploited that yet.

All in all its a good cheap phone that just works with no lags , i have installed Infrareds latest rom and all is good :)

Edited by sedj

Guest Ascend

This is a photo if the Lock screen on my Cubot GT99.

post-983552-0-47975600-1376755524_thumb.

Am puzzled about the second green circle which, when you press it brings down some sort of scale on the left hand side. Its on Jellybean. Perhaps I have never noticed it before?

Guest haventgotaclue

Hi newish newbie here. Had a ZTE for a while and upgraded to Cyanogen mod 7. Worked pretty well but I found I couldnt download any apps and worst of all the phone just didnt work when abroad. Should say it worked to connect to the web, dl emails etc but just couldnt find a signal to make calls.

Now I've put my faith in this Tianhe i9377 Android 4.0 3G Phone 4.5 inch WVGA Screen Dual SIM Dual Core CPU. http://www.ADVERTISING SPAM.com/product266468.html

Already have some problems with the proximity sensor (screen blanks when calling etc) and Jellybean 4.1 seems basic when compared to Cyanogen. Is there any chance of modding this phone with something a little more "feature rich" ? Any suggestions would be gratefully received :)

Thanks

Guest Ascend

You have spent 94mb out of 5gb data plan.

Scale might be actual data transfer speed.

Or not...

Thanks. That is what it was. I was fiddling with settings and turned it on by mistake.

Guest john91919

Hi,

Having bought and returned (couldn't register on giffgaff) an 'S4' chinese clone from Amazon, I am now looking for a quality chinese brand.

I have been looking a the Lenovo s830 and a Cubot GT99.

After reading some of the posts they don't seem like a good choice.

Can someone recommend a chinese brand that would be easy to setup as english, not bloated with chinese apps with a good quality screen, quad core, half way decent camera and will work with giffgaff? and have play store access.

Many thanks in advance, the more I look at the more confused I get.

Regards

John

Guest Costy88031

Hy guys.

What do you think, wich from this two phones to choose:

http://www.merimobiles.com/lenovo-a820-4-5-inch-android-4-1-quad-core-1-2ghz-dual-sim-3g-smartphone-gps_p/meri9016.htm

http://www.merimobiles.com/huawei-g610s-snapdragon-quad-core-1-2ghz-5-inch-ips-960-540-with-android-os-4-1-wcdma-gsm-3g-smartphone_p/meri7600.htm

I see that Lenovo A820 have many positive reviews and sedj(from this topic) bought one of this and they are very happy with this