[OFFTOPIC] China Phone Discussion - UPDATED 30/10/2013

Guest kyan31

i went through this yesterday re gps,

seems ok and gets a quick fix but i havet been inthe motor with it yet

Quick fix is no problem, first fix is no problem, but holding a lock on your position once you start moving is when the problems occur. They simply don't work well as SatNavs, and no 'fix' is going to change that.

Not really, post links to another xda topic where they basically say that sony hides the key parts.

No luck there, yet, Jet. :(

Edited by dakok

Guest themechooser

Hi, I have recently purchased a Lenovo A830 mobile phone. When I went to charge it for the first time I plugged the charger in. The phone recognises that the charger is plugged in however the battery level does not increase past a couple of percent. I have tried several different charger and cables etc but these have made no difference. Could you please offer me help? Kind regards.

Guest aliaird

Last night there were 85% off phones (see links earlier) saying 9 days left, tonight there are no phones being sold by him! :angry2:

Will keep watch on what you guys actually gt and if he gets back to selling phones again!

I bought ET100 phone today.

Paid it 129 AUD which turns out to be $117 (conversion AUD -> HRK -> USD) or 75 GBP.

4.5" 960x540 245ppi, MTK6589 1/4Gb

http://www.et139.com/et100.php

It is "baidu internet phone", with baidu 4.2 rom.

It has MIUI v5 rom at miui.com

Bathing

Specifications (not official)

It says that it has Glonass antenna and f/2.0 camera (amazing for this price!)

727211387_450.jpg

I think this is the cheapest MTK6589 phone, In China it is $130.

I paid it $117

Nice, huh?

Manufacturer

ET brand is a brand new one, less than 2 months old. It sells in china as baidu phone (something like google phone :))

So it shouldn`t be bad...

Paid it 129 AUD which turns out to be $117 (conversion AUD -> HRK -> USD) or 75 GBP.

Bathing

is this for the water proof version?

as that alone has me interested, after watching the video it looks to be achieved with something similar to liquipel

Bathing

Specifications (not official)

It says that it has Glonass antenna and f/2.0 camera (amazing for this price!)

I think this is the cheapest MTK6589 phone, In China it is $130.

I paid it $117

Nice, huh?

Manufacturer

ET brand is a brand new one, less than 2 months old. It sells in china as baidu phone (something like google phone :))

So it shouldn`t be bad...

Looks good for the price. Where did you buy it from?

Focalprice. They have 9% discount until 10th september for it.

Mcbub has it, too

I set the price in australian dollars which turned out to be cheaper than in USD.

If I were fast I could fish it for $106 (AUD -> USD) at geekbuying two days ago but they raised the price.

Focalprice. They have 9% discount until 10th september for it.

Mcbub has it, too

I set the price in australian dollars which turned out to be cheaper than in USD.

If I were fast I could fish it for $106 (AUD -> USD) at geekbuying two days ago but they raised the price.

Not sure it mentions anything about being waterproof on the official site. Can you drop yours in the bath to test it? :P

Guest koko1108

Please, help me.

I bought Xiaocai x9, It is very good phone but Cai OS is bad. I want install Custom rom but I can't. I have root and installed spuerUS but when I tried instal cwm in SP flash tool I have error 8038.

Guest Costy88031

Please, help me.

I bought Xiaocai x9, It is very good phone but Cai OS is bad. I want install Custom rom but I can't. I have root and installed spuerUS but when I tried instal cwm in SP flash tool I have error 8038.

If this phone us MTK based you can put recovery.img on SD card and install with mobile uncle tools from google play

Please, help me.

Ported CWM for Xiaocai x9, its resized to fit the 6mb partition, http://www.solidfile...m/d/a0f2461cac/

if you have root, add the image to your SDcard and use this app to flash it, use the update recovery option

https://play.google....oolbox&hl=en_GB

i wonder when 4G china phones will become main stream? I fancy leaving t-momile for 3 this year when they roll out 4G for no additional cost,

also hope the new nexus has 4G this time around.

i wonder when 4G china phones will become main stream? I fancy leaving t-momile for 3 this year when they roll out 4G for no additional cost,

also hope the new nexus has 4G this time around.

Yeah that would be cool, however it will probably be a while. China phones are prone to having software faults on release date, usually with GPS etc.

H+ is also the next best thing down from 4G I guess, 40mbps is plenty for most :P

Yeah that would be cool, however it will probably be a while. China phones are prone to having software faults on release date, usually with GPS etc.

H+ is also the next best thing down from 4G I guess, 40mbps is plenty for most tongue.png

yeah, i currently have H+ on the nexus 4, i get around 1MBs which is fast enough,

but i hate t-mobiles restrictions... i only get those fast speeds after 12pm till 4pm because the 1GB data they give is used in less than 15mins

which then restricts your speeds inbetween those hours.

with 3 there is a tariff which lets you use unlimited data, no restrictions or FUP.

Guest Frankish

Ported CWM for Xiaocai x9, its resized to fit the 6mb partition, http://www.solidfile...m/d/a0f2461cac/

if you have root, add the image to your SDcard and use this app to flash it, use the update recovery option

https://play.google....oolbox&hl=en_GB

Thanks for this tillaz. Have you had chance to properly use the x9 have you noticed any faults or niggles? Have you tried the miui from miui,com?