[OFFTOPIC] China Phone Discussion - UPDATED 30/10/2013

Guest kyan31

i wouldn't know i was taking about all round antutu scores, which from what i have seen the MTK6589 scores 2000+

more than what ever is in the Haier W910.

people saying the low score is from an old version of antutu, in that link? here is a video review posted 6 days ago

skip to 5.00, it still scores the same.

No, antutu score difference is between new, v3.0 and previous versions (before year 2013.)

Old version gives ~6000, new one gives ~ 9500 -10000. Same goes to all mobile devices.

"New" antutu gives near 50% score increase.

Haier w910 has a better GPU (adreno 255) than that of MTK6589 phones.

GFX bench device comparation

https://gfxbench.com... HW-W910&cols=2

Edited by dakok

That Haier is such a bargain, I'm sorely tempted to buy one just for the sake of it! Which would be ridiculous, of course. ;)

Ah go on, go on, go on, go on, go on, go on..........and then I won't feel guilty doing the same :D :D

No, antutu score difference is between new, v3.0 and previous versions (before year 2013.)

Old version gives ~6000, new one gives ~ 9500 -10000. Same goes to all mobile devices.

"New" antutu gives near 50% score increase.

Haier w910 has a better GPU (adreno 255) than that of MTK6589 phones.

GFX bench device comparation

https://gfxbench.com... HW-W910&cols=2

never said it didn't have a better GPU, just that MTK6589 is scoring higher all round score in antutu.

but why does that site say its running 4.1.2 ? thought it was stuck on ICS

F*** it. I'm going to go for the Haier W910 after all. I'll use it for the moment and when I give my G300 to my gf and she eventually breaks it or drops it into the toilet (as she does with phones at least once a year! :wacko: :D) she can have it and I can upgrade to something more current. Thanks for all the advice.

Edit: just stuck the order in with dealsprime at $115 ~ €90 including 3% discount with coupon code "NEWS3" so hopefully that goes smoothly...

http://dealsprime.co...-gps-phone.html

Focalprice also sell it for about the same with a discount code mentioned earlier in this thread.

Thanks for all the advice. I'll keep following the thread as I'll probably be in the market again soon.... :D

Edit 2: FWIW the comments below this article (http://www.phonearen...ediaTek_id37239) have some MTK6589 versus MSM8260A discussion/comparisons some of which are grist to my post purchase rationalization (http://en.wikipedia....rationalization) mill :D

Edited by dalyer

but why does that site say its running 4.1.2 ? thought it was stuck on ICS

There is a Haier W910 JB rom from Mumayi forum, ported from acer 350

Original topic

Pandawill forum

Croatian forum (mirror links, I can help for translation)

More info:

Moviledualsim

Moviledualsim - another JB rom (english, spanish, german)

Mumayi rom collection

And don`t miss this

Edited by dakok

Guest Maringer

Sooo... tempted... to... buy...

Nope. Can't justify it, I'm afraid.

I'm supposed to be saving for a wedding. If I went out and bought another phone (which I don't need) just to muck about with, my missus-to-be would no doubt retaliate by buying herself another half dozen pairs of shoes. :)

Guest Maringer

I am one of the happy couple - hence the required saving of cash! I'd be even more happy if I could get away with buying myself another phone to play with, but it would mean that a couple of people don't get fed at the wedding reception...

On another note, I do find it amusing that this China phones thread seems to have got itself well and truly embedded in the G300 forum! Not possible for the mods to move it elsewhere, I assume?

I am one of the happy couple - hence the required saving of cash! I'd be even more happy if I could get away with buying myself another phone to play with, but it would mean that a couple of people don't get fed at the wedding reception...

On another note, I do find it amusing that this China phones thread seems to have got itself well and truly embedded in the G300 forum! Not possible for the mods to move it elsewhere, I assume?

It's here because it was low key back when it started and people were still unaware of the chinnese market, it is popular now as a lot of people are in his thread buying phones to save money. This thread is best where it is if you cant find it bad luck.

Guest apple2005

Hi

Can anybody recommend me good and cheap Chinese in-ear earphones with microphone. But not those cheap 2-3 dollars ones. Sorry if I asked in wrong place.

I shall be thankful for your suggestions.

just received my second xiaocai x9 today :)

surprised it came before the THL W200 which was ordered two days before and shipped around 4 days earlier than the x9.

Guest Frankish

surprised it came before the THL W200 which was ordered two days before and shipped around 4 days earlier than the x9.

Can't believe you ordered after me and got it before me :( my tracking number doesn't work too still that's annoying! Still suppose it has only been a week and a bit since it shipped. Just over 2 weeks in total since ordering.

Guest Frankish

Can't believe you ordered after me and got it before me :( my tracking number doesn't work too still that's annoying! Still suppose it has only been a week and a bit since it shipped. Just over 2 weeks in total since ordering.

Did you order from the same company ??

Can't believe you ordered after me and got it before me sad.png my tracking number doesn't work too still that's annoying! Still suppose it has only been a week and a bit since it shipped. Just over 2 weeks in total since ordering.

are you using this to track it? http://app3.hongkongpost.hk/CGI/mt/enquiry.jsp and does the tracking number end with HK?

Guest george109
Some pics, of what i received

post-913969-0-75349000-1378596679_thumb. post-913969-0-00714400-1378596686_thumb.post-913969-0-09922000-1378596692_thumb.post-913969-0-13414900-1378596699_thumb.post-913969-0-74788700-1378596708_thumb.post-913969-0-86229800-1378596716_thumb.post-913969-0-57436700-1378596728_thumb.post-913969-0-56036300-1378596722_thumb.

its by far the sleekest phone i have had to date... love how thin and light it is, 10/10 for design

That looks great :) does the GPS work well, and does the compass work? Or does it just point north...

That looks great :) does the GPS work well, and does the compass work? Or does it just point north...

I thought the whole point of a compass was for it to point North ??? :rolleyes: