[OFFTOPIC] China Phone Discussion - UPDATED 30/10/2013

Guest kyan31

Guest Frankish

are you using this to track it? http://app3.hongkongpost.hk/CGI/mt/enquiry.jsp and does the tracking number end with HK?

Ah that link finally works. It says my item "left Hong Kong for it's destination on the 7th September". I ordered on the 23rd of August.

So not so sure how long it takes after it has "left Hong Kong". For all I know they have put it in a bottle with my receipt and chucked it into the sea :)

Edited by Frankish

Guest george109
I thought the whole point of a compass was for it to always point north :rolleyes:

Well, yes. But what I mean is that the compass is stuck, so it does not move at all. It will always point in the same direction no matter which way the phone is facing. It is a common problem with Chinese phones...

Ah that link finally works. It says my item "left Hong Kong for it's destination on the 7th September". I ordered on the 23rd of August.

So not so sure how long it takes after it has "left Hong Kong". For all I know they have put it in a bottle with my receipt and chucked it into the sea smile.png

think mine said it left on the 6th, and i had it on the 7th (yesterday) so i think your's will be delivered Monday

Guest Frankish

Don't get me excited Tillaz! I'm at work Monday but finally have a day off Tuesday so it hope it at least comes by then. Need time off to play with it ha ha.

Don't get me excited Tillaz! I'm at work Monday but finally have a day off Tuesday so it hope it at least comes by then. Need time off to play with it ha ha.

was looking at the different colour back covers for the x9 and it got me thinking, if you requested the green back cover this might be why yours has took longer

assuming it actually comes with the colour you requested, where as i took black which is listed as in stock.

Can you post a review of the faucet light when you get a chance? biggrin.png

lol its a useless free gift, i should of chose something else as it does not work with any of my taps :( (needs to screw on) shame as it looked quite cool ha ha

Guest Frankish

was looking at the different colour back covers for the x9 and it got me thinking, if you requested the green back cover this might be why yours has took longer

assuming it actually comes with the colour you requested, where as i took black which is listed as in stock.

I don't hold much hope for the green back i'm just assuming it will come in white or black! Sen any screen protectors anywhere? Not bothered about a case as you can change the backs but i don't really want to test how scratch resistant the screen is.

lol its a useless free gift, i should of chose something else as it does not work with any of my taps :( (needs to screw on) shame as it looked quite cool ha ha

That was from dealsprime? Funny - when I ordered my Haier W910 they never gave me the opportunity to choose a useless, sorry, free gift. :)

Guest Maringer

That was from dealsprime? Funny - when I ordered my Haier W910 they never gave me the opportunity to choose a useless, sorry, free gift. :)

Oh crap. I just had a quick look at Dealsprime and saw how cheap the Haier was there. Bought one. I'm going to get in trouble with the missus!

Guest Maringer

Oh crap. I just had a quick look at Dealsprime and saw how cheap the Haier was there. Bought one, even though I don't need a new phone!

I'm going to get in trouble with the missus!

Guest Starman28

Looks like I won't be getting my super cheap phone.

Just recived the following email from Aliexpress,,,,,,,,,,,,, Your order 60095079241438 has been frozen due to supplier suspension DearXXXXXXXXXXXXX, Please note that the account of the AliExpress supplier: has been suspended. We have frozen all of your pending orders with this supplier for which you have already made payment. We will request the supplier to provide necessary evidence such as proof of shipment, and if necessary, relevant qualification certificates, within 3 days. If the supplier does not provide the evidence, AliExpress will close the order and refund the payment to you. At present, please be patient and wait for further instructions from us.

AliExpress is committed to the principle of good faith and the protection of the interests of both buyers and suppliers. The above-mentioned supplier was recently found to have unsafe trading activities. Therefore, to protect the interests of buyers, we have decided to suspend the account of the supplier.

AliExpress strives to continuously improve our trading environment. Thank you for your understanding and continued support.

Sincerely,

AliSPAM Trust and Security Team

2013.09.08 22:58

This is an automated system email. Please do not reply to this email. edm_email_bg.png

If it's too good to be true then it usually is!

Guest Wacky.ddw

Hi guys

I sold my Xiaomi Mi2 for €300 to a friend who needed a sellphone fast so that was a really good deal knowing the MI2 doesnt even kost that mutch new anymore :P Anyway after searching for a good phone for over a week i find that the xiaomi MI2s still is the best phone i can find. I would buy the MI3 but i think it costs a bit to mutch. And Xiaomi dropped there prices so now spemall sells it for €290 wich is less i sold my MI2 for. But i dont know if spemall is a trusted webshop where do you guys buy your devices?

Now the thing is my friends also want to buy a new phone they really like MIUI that was on my MI2 but dont wast to pay more then €200 so i was looking around i think the Jiayu G4 or the THL W200 are still the best option at the moment. But the xiaomi Red rice is comming out the end of september but i heard that the MTK6589 sources where released does this mean that the G4 the W200 will probably also see MIUI? Also i mean to remember that MIUI isnt open source so even if it gets ported will it be exactly the same as on a Xiaomi device?

Also comming from the MI2 wich had a 1.5 GHz Krait quadcore with 2 GB ram and an antutu score of 21000 will i notice the diference in speed with a mediatek processor in terms of normal use? Because if i now buy a phone wich lags a little it will feel like a huge step back.

The only reasons i would buy the W200 is the 5" screen and the dualsim and the Sdcard slot.

Edited by Wacky.ddw

for 300 euros i would wait and see what the nexus 5 brings next month...

it think it will probably be 2.2Ghz snapdragon 800 with 3gb Ram 5inch 1080p display and a camera with a huge lens (seen at the 4.4 kitkat unveiling)

it might not have an SDcard but could be 64GB for £279.99 judging of how cheap Google are selling the nexus 4 now...

Guest Wacky.ddw

€300 for a nexus 5 that would really really suprise me :P Not in Belgium thats for sure, where did you buy your nexus 4?

And about the W200 will it get MIUI and how is te performance?

€300 for a nexus 5 that would really really suprise me tongue.png Not in Belgium thats for sure, where did you buy your nexus 4?

And about the W200 will it get MIUI and how is te performance?

i bought it straight from Google, at the time when it first released it was £279.99 for the 16GB version, or £239.99 for the 8GB version

but now its only £199 for 16GB or £159 for the 8GB

https://play.google....xus_4_8gb&hl=en

so i can't see the nexus 5 costing more than the nexus 4 when it was first released.

since Belgium is in Europe you should also be able to buy it straight from the play store, when released.

Edit:

about MTK6589 devices, i'm not sure now is the right time to buy one if you like the latest hardware

as 8 core MTK6592 devices are said to be just around the corner http://gizbeat.com/category/mtk6592/

how much they will cost is still unknown, and i would not expect to see them in stock until at least December

so i can't see the nexus 5 costing more than the nexus 4 when it was first released.

since Belgium is in Europe you should also be able to buy it straight from the play store, when released.

Unfortunately it doesn't work that way. Only few countries are supported by play store in Europe. Those are UK, France, Spain and Germany. Device has to be shipped to an address in one of those countries and order has to be made from those countries(that part you can work around with proxies but address part you can't). PO boxes and military addresses aren't supported. So be lucky you can buy N4 so cheaply the rest of us has to pay a lot more.

Unfortunately it doesn't work that way. Only few countries are supported by play store in Europe. Those are UK, France, Spain and Germany. Device has to be shipped to an address in one of those countries and order has to be made from those countries(that part you can work around with proxies but address part you can't). PO boxes and military addresses aren't supported. So be lucky you can buy N4 so cheaply the rest of us has to pay a lot more.

that's crappy, people should complain.. you would think Google been as rich as they are would ship world wide.

hopeful they improve on this when they announce the nexus 5 next month (make it available in more places)

Guest Frankish

Looks like Paul has bought a ZTE V967 judging by his twitter! Likely to boost sales if he has good words to say about it.

Edited by Frankish

that's crappy, people should complain.. you would think Google been as rich as they are would ship world wide.

hopeful they improve on this when they announce the nexus 5 next month (make it available in more places)

Yeah - can't buy the Nexus from Play Store in Ireland either... :(