[OFFTOPIC] China Phone Discussion - UPDATED 30/10/2013

Guest kyan31

Tapatalk won't let me edit for some reason... Screens seems to come quick from Etotalk for W20p

Tapatalk doesn't let me edit anything too, it's definitely a problem on their end then -_-

Has the Xiaocai X9 come down in price?

Focalprice have it here for $140 and I don't recall seeing it that cheap before?

http://www.focalprice.com/MH0750B/Xiaocai_X9_45_Capacitive_IPS_Touch_960x540_Android_42_CAI_OS_Quad.html

They also have it for $156 here:

http://www.focalprice.com/MH0750W/Xiaocai_X9_45_Capacitive_IPS_Touch_960x540_Android_42_CAI_OS_Quad.html

:wacko:

Edit: oh +$16 for a white back!

Edited by dalyer

Now back to some useful info, according to the

topic name :)

Maybe that some of you noticed recent problems with

China phones shipment.

Reason for that is change in battery air transport

regulations.

China Post, Hong Kong Post and Singapore Post

transported quality phones and tablets to our homes with

low expense or no expense at all.

The consequence was huge rise in China phone

international sales. Not only direct sales. There are

warehouses and rebranded models appearing in

supermarkets in Europe and other parts of the world.

The consequence is sudden change in battery

air transport regulations. HK post and China post

do not accept devices with batteries anymore.

Singapore post accepts only one battery per parcel

and now it is clogged with 300000 parcels that need to

be controlled since they are the last low price company

that accepts li-ion battery in air transport.

Big players in global phone market are winning

the battle, but the war will continue. I hope.

:)

Edited by dakok

That's awful news :( looks like some people on xda thread have bought screen and glass unit and seems relatively easy to fit!

Yes, I was thinking of replacing the screen, but at 75dollars and I would still have the problem I was experiencing with sd cards, I think maybe a new phone (with Gorilla Glass!!) might be a better idea.

The MLAIS MX58PRO is taking my eye at the moment.....http://www.merimobiles.com/mlais-mx58-pro-mtk6589t-quad-core-1-5ghz-5-0-inch-ips-1920-1080-with-android-4-2-12-0mp-camera-8gb-3g-smartphone_p/meri7923.htm

Edited by SG8

Guest Frankish

Looks good very similar to a W200 but for roughly 15 quid more you get Full HD and gorilla glass. Plus a big bump in battery size. Would like to know the quality of this product plus likelyhood of MIUI on it.

Looks good very similar to a W200 but for roughly 15 quid more you get Full HD and gorilla glass. Plus a big bump in battery size. Would like to know the quality of this product plus likelihood of MIUI on it.

Seen a MIUI rom available on Needrom, the MLAIS MX58PRO also seems to be sold as a H920+ , and am sure I seen the exact phone under another name somehwere else as well ( http://www.merimobiles.com/h920-mtk6589t-quad-core-1-5ghz-android-4-2-5-0-inch-fhd-screen-1920-1080-dual-camera-dual-sim-wcdma-smartphone_p/meri7741.htm?setCurrencyId=33 ).

I had the MX58 Air, and was very happy with it (except for the GPS thing!), which should not be a problem with the MT6589T chip that is used in the PRO version. Might be after Christmas before I can afford it though!!

Edited by SG8

Yes, I was thinking of replacing the screen, but at 75dollars and I would still have the problem I was experiencing with sd cards, I think maybe a new phone (with Gorilla Glass!!) might be a better idea.

The MLAIS MX58PRO is taking my eye at the moment.....http://www.merimobiles.com/mlais-mx58-pro-mtk6589t-quad-core-1-5ghz-5-0-inch-ips-1920-1080-with-android-4-2-12-0mp-camera-8gb-3g-smartphone_p/meri7923.htm

i think even gorilla glass would of smashed on the tile floor from chest hight, i have seen iphones and the nexus 4 shatter from lower  :(

best thing to do is make sure you have a good rubber case from day one.

i think they should start making phones with some kind of reinforced plastic...

remember the old days (Sony Ericsson, nokia,) when i would drop my phones a good 5 times a day and never once had a cracked screen  

i think even gorilla glass would of smashed on the tile floor from chest hight, i have seen iphones and the nexus 4 shatter from lower  :(

best thing to do is make sure you have a good rubber case from day one.

i think they should start making phones with some kind of reinforced plastic...

remember the old days (Sony Ericsson, nokia,) when i would drop my phones a good 5 times a day and never once had a cracked screen

Yep, not having a case of some sort on it was not giving it much of a chance!! Gorilla glass is fine for not scratching etc. but I would not expect it to survive drops on a regular basis, or the glass might survive but the rest of the phone might not!!

hopefully he can make them see light and be open source like Google intended android to be.

never understood why they went the closed source route, been open only has benefits just look at where CyanogenMod is today.

Guest neroxezx

Hello!

I have a question.

In my country, my carrier uses this gsm Frequencies.

900 MHz     2G     
1800 MHz     2G     
900 MHz     UMTS/HSPA (14.4 Mbit/s/5.76 Mbit/s)     3G    
2100 MHz     UMTS/HSPA/HSPA+/DC-HSDPA (43.2 Mbit/s/5.76 Mbit/s     3G    
1800 MHz     LTE (2x2 MIMO 75 Mbit/s/37.5 Mbit/s)     4G

I would like to buy the Haier W910, buttt the specs of this phone are:

2G: GSM850/900/1800/1900  3G: WCDMA2100  ( Some sites are mentioning 900 at 3G, but mosts don't mention. )

I see 900 at 2g, but I don;t see it at 3G. So, could I have problems using the phone on 3G?

Edited by neroxezx

Guest apple2005

Modaco is not loading in new paid version of Tapatalk. Is this my problem or everybody's problem. I am using an old version to surf Modaco.

Please give your opinion. Thanks.

Hi

Is this site in china or germany? What about the prices?

Site is in german. Prices are for orientation only.

You should look at phone names and then search accordingly.

:)

Hello!

I have a question.

In my country, my carrier uses this gsm Frequencies.

I would like to buy the Haier W910, buttt the specs of this phone are:

2G: GSM850/900/1800/1900  3G: WCDMA2100  ( Some sites are mentioning 900 at 3G, but mosts don't mention. )

I see 900 at 2g, but I don;t see it at 3G. So, could I have problems using the phone on 3G?

I believe that the Qualcomm Snapdragon S4 MSM8260A SoC supports all frequencies including 3G 900MHz. But at the moment I can't find authoritative info on this. However several other MSM8260A based phones are listed as supporting all frequencies. The Qualcomm page also says:

3G/4G World/multimode

http://www.qualcomm.eu/uk/snapdragon/processors/s4/specs

I still haven't shifted over form my G300 to my Haier W910 but if there is some way to check 900MHz support in practice I can try that if somebody can advise me?!?

Guest Maringer

I still haven't shifted over form my G300 to my Haier W910 but if there is some way to check 900MHz support in practice I can try that if somebody can advise me?!?

I spent some time the other year attempting to discover if my phone at the time (Atrix) was actually using the 900MHz 3G connection or not. Unfortunately, I wasn't able to find any apps or technique to discover exactly what frequency was being used with that particular phone. It was just something that nobody making apps seems to think is worth addressing! This assumes that it would be straightforward for a developer to create software to indicate the frequency. Whether or not anything has changed in recent months and there is now some way to discover which frequency is in use, I don't know.

Guest Frankish

Just plugged headphones into my W200 and realised the sound wasn't quite right. Turns out the sound is coming out of the back speaker and the headphones... Obviously this isn't right has anyone got any ideas?

Just plugged headphones into my W200 and realised the sound wasn't quite right. Turns out the sound is coming out of the back speaker and the headphones... Obviously this isn't right has anyone got any ideas?

Had the same thing, but I think if you did not put the headphone jack 'all the way' in worked correctly, but mine hit the floor so cannot confirm !!