[TUT] Leaked JellyBean and Unlocked bootloader

Guest vache

Yes we are many in Romania who wish for a JB for our Acer S500. But the problem is we are more with screen issues on our devices. I will take mine to warranty tomorrow and hope i will get one from the fixed batch.

Yes we are many in Romania who wish for a JB for our Acer S500. But the problem is we are more with screen issues on our devices. I will take mine to warranty tomorrow and hope i will get one from the fixed batch.

What screen issues are you talking about?

Dead/blocked pixels.

We all got them here... Production units from october to january. I dont understand how Acer does not check the displays and pays for them.

Edited by Deonix

• 2 weeks later...
Guest CrashJack15

I have a few questions:

1. What is the difference between this ROM and Acer_AV043_RV13RC01_EMEA_MBSD [which is from the beginning]?

2. Do I will have a recovery?

3. Why worth it unlock the bootloader?

4. Is the update, will increase performance, reduce consumption of battery etc, any other advantages?

5. Is this the newest ROM, isn't higher?

6. Is root will disable ?

Je vais ecrire aussi en francais:

J'ai un peu de questions:

1. Quelle est difference entre cette ROM et Acer_AV043_RV13RC01_EMEA_MBSD [quelle je l'ai au debut] ?

2. Est-ce qu'il y aura 'recovery' ?

3. Est-il utile debloquer 'bootloader' ?

4. Est-ce que apres cette 'update' performance va augmenter, va diminue la consommation de batteries etc, ou l'autre avantages ?

5. Est-ce que est la dernière ROM, y'a pas plus nouvelle ?

6. Est-ce que mon root va devenir 'unroot' ?

thaks for your answers ;)

Edited by CrashJack15

Keep your stock rom and wait for the official update that should come any moment now. You just need to unroot to have the update.

Tu as l'air e débuter, viens sur acer-club.fr pour de l'aide en français. En plus vache et moi sommes français et intervenons sur ce forum.

Edited by Guest

Guest CrashJack15

Keep your stock rom and wait for the official update that should come any moment now. You just need to unroot to have the update.

Tu as l'air e débuter, viens sur acer-club.fr pour de l'aide en français. En plus vache et moi sommes français et intervenons sur ce forum.

merci, je vs le voir :)

Et surtout ne flash rien si tu as un téléphone mobistar !

oups, et pourquoi ?

je suis pas sur, est-ce que j'ai mobistar, dans mon boite, j'ai recu une cart SIM de mobistar pour 5€, je l'ai utilise pas, mais je suis en réseau JIM [bASE], pas mobistar, et en plus, le boite est un peu grande

mais, je voudrais faire mise a jour

why I can't to flash if my gsm is the mobistar, I don't now this is mobistar :/ I have another network JIM [bASE]

Edited by CrashJack15

Yes make the screen capture or wirte the image version so we can tell you.

Mobistar phones are slightly different (they can use dual-carrier networks) and they use specific ROM. Flashing the wrong type of ROM will just kill your phone.

It's only for type 3 so far. Type 1 will follow but you have to wait for orange / Mobistar ;-)

If someone can get the ota update file that would be nice.

Guest rjscosta

If someone can get the ota update file that would be nice.

Yeah. It seems the EMEA_FR version phones are not getting the OTA update.

Guest Mircerson

The EMEA_ORGROD and EMEA_MOBISTAR are not BRANDED devices. They are COUNTRY REGION. As for the Romania , Acer CM S500 only comes with EMEAORGROD and for belgium is only EMEA_MObiSTAR. Does not matter if u buy it free of contract.

Here is the final version of JB for the cloudmobile (WW_GEN1). This will not work for EMEA_ORGROD or EMEA_MBSD as usual. Sorry guys but you still have to wait for Orange to move their butt.

You have several versions :

SD update.zip that will not format your phone

BIN to be flash with ADT from the first post.

The EMEA_ORGROD and EMEA_MOBISTAR are not BRANDED devices. They are COUNTRY REGION. As for the Romania , Acer CM S500 only comes with EMEAORGROD and for belgium is only EMEA_MObiSTAR. Does not matter if u buy it free of contract.

LOL! Ive bought mine in Belgium @ Mediamarkt and it was NOT EMEA_MOBISTAR ^^ Im running the leaked JB since the day ive bought it^^