Starting to flap now. Help please....

Guest billpine

Guest billpine

As my luck would have it my screen has developed a line fault down the right of the screen so it has to go back for warranty. Problem is I've rooted it and although it's a stock Voda Rom I've removed all the cack from it so I don't think Huawei would be too impressed.

Now not for love nor money can I get it to roll back. Currently it has U8815V100R001C02B892 and I'm trying to roll back to V100R001C02B882 as per HUAWEI U8815 V100R001C02B882 Software Upgrade Guideline but on pass 2 the update fails.

Have got a backup of the original ROM but last time I installed ClockWorkMod Recovery it was a sodding nightmare so don't fancy doing that again if I can help it.

Any thought gents, don't know what to do now..

Why downgrade to 882? I'd be tempted to update to the latest vodafone b952 and then return it because it should be easier to do. Can you get the OTA updates from 892 up to the latest?

Guest billpine

Cyda, it won't OTA to B952 I think because I've been removing Voda branded items that the software looks for before updating.

Just out of interest where could I find B952, might give that a whirl as you suggested.

Much thanks..

Sadly, you can't force apply the b952 update (that I know of) because it is an update patch rather than a full rom in update.app format. When you said you were on B892 I thought you meant you had managed to get that official version installed.

A couple of options that spring to mind now are:

Use the official downgrade tool but you may need to upgrade to B936 before it will work.

Or you could try this.

Guest krishang3

Rooting doesn't void your watrenty, it only voids it when the root itself makes a hw issue and it seems that isn't the case.

You have the right to tell them That.

Guest billpine

Thanks for the posts fella's. All is well on the western front!

Grabbed a copy of 'middle of the road' or something on those lines, ran that and the rest is history. Now waiting for B936 to download which is a ball ache, taking SO long!

Cheers guys!