Sigh- cocked up my phone with a TPT, help pls

Guest RavemasterX

Guest RavemasterX

Hi all,

I've been running CFX2 for a while now with no real bother, except for the fact that I keep running out of data space because the original TPT I used way back when made system too large- I think it was over 200mb, but I was using only 150mb-odd. Anyway, I was a bit bored today, so I decided that the time was right to adjust my partition sizes and then update to the latest (11/19) version of CFX2 which promises various fixes and improvements. I installed TPT Helper and went for a custom TPT with 180MB system and 10MB cache, leaving well over 200MB for data. After a couple of goes TPT Helper proclaimed itself to be happy; however when I ran its self test it only veryfied 2 of the 4 files. I tried again and got the same result, and so decided to go ahead anyway.

The TPT seemed to flash itself fine, and the phone booted into CWM. I went to flash the CFX2 11/19 file- and it failed, citing symlink failiues, and 'Status 7' errors. I tried fixing permissions and toggling signature verification / script asserts with no joy- with signature verification enabled CWM seems to verify the update package fine but still fails the install.

So I decided to try downloading some other preset TPTs from Amphoras's site, but having downloaded them and unzipped them to the root of the SD card (creating an 'image' folder), I can't get them to flash- either the phone just boots back into CWM when I turn it on holding vol+ and Menu, or just says failed several times. Confusingly, some of his TPT image folders contain about 15 files, others just 2- what's going on there?

So basically now I have a not-quite-bricked phone that only runs CWM. Any advice on how to fix it gratefully received.

Edit: out of interest I decided to flash the GAPPS zip and that installed fine. I have checked the MD5 of the CFX2 zip, and it's correct.

Edited by RavemasterX

Guest RavemasterX

Well I haven't quite got it sorted yet. The main CFX2 Zip installs fine, as does the GAPPS zip. However, when I boot up there's no Google Play store in the apps drawer. I've downloaded a couple of Google Play .apks including 3.10.10 (which is the latest one AFAIK). They all install fine but then force close when I open them. And without Google Play I'm a bit stuck :( .

I rebooted into recovery and cleared / formatted everything except the /boot partition (including /system). Reinstalled everything. Same result. Any suggestions?

Edit: reading back a few pages on the CFX2 main thread it seems that Google Play will not install on a 200mb system partition for some reason. However another poster suggested stripping apps that I don't need out of the zip before I flash it. That's worth a try and in fact I would like to do it to save me deleting the stuff with link2SD once I've got the rom installed. Is it just a case of going into the zip folder in Windows and deleting the .apks from the app folder, or do I need to unzip, delete all the files, re-zip? I've previously read about 'signing' zips, but I don't know what it means. Will it be necessary?

Edited by RavemasterX

Guest plegdroid
Well I haven't quite got it sorted yet. The main CFX2 Zip installs fine, as does the GAPPS zip. However, when I boot up there's no Google Play store in the apps drawer. I've downloaded a couple of Google Play .apks including 3.10.10 (which is the latest one AFAIK). They all install fine but then force close when I open them. And without Google Play I'm a bit stuck :( .

I rebooted into recovery and cleared / formatted everything except the /boot partition (including /system). Reinstalled everything. Same result. Any suggestions?

Edit: reading back a few pages on the CFX2 main thread it seems that Google Play will not install on a 200mb system partition for some reason. However another poster suggested stripping apps that I don't need out of the zip before I flash it. That's worth a try and in fact I would like to do it to save me deleting the stuff with link2SD once I've got the rom installed. Is it just a case of going into the zip folder in Windows and deleting the .apks from the app folder, or do I need to unzip, delete all the files, re-zip? I've previously read about 'signing' zips, but I don't know what it means. Will it be necessary?

don't unzip when stripping the rom zip, use 7zip and open as archive instead. if you unzip and rezip it will break the zip file and it won't flash.

Guest Anglobal

I'm also interested in this procedure since I'm not too keen on re-tpting my phone for trying that rom. Thank you both. Can someone please post a few lines of procedure what exactly to delete from the cfx2 and gaps files in order for them to fit into 200 mb system partition since that can't be figured out without installation?

Guest plegdroid
I'm also interested in this procedure since I'm not too keen on re-tpting my phone for trying that rom. Thank you both. Can someone please post a few lines of procedure what exactly to delete from the cfx2 and gaps files in order for them to fit into 200 mb system partition since that can't be figured out without installation?

afternoon mate,

gapps there's a stripped version at post #1 ,on the cfx2 thread.

what I removed from the 19-11-12 rom was:

cm updater

cm wallpapers

deskclock

dsp manager

email

gallery

livewallpaper.apk

livewallpaperpicker.apk

pico tts

quicksearch

sound recorder

spare parts

and video editor.

hope this helps :)

Edited by plegdroid

Guest Anglobal

afternoon mate,

gapps there's a stripped version at post #1 ,on the cfx2 thread.

what I removed from the 19-11-12 rom was:

cm updater

cm wallpapers

deskclock

dsp manager

email

gallery

livewallpaper.apk

livewallpaperpicker.apk

pico tts

quicksearch

sound recorder

spare parts

and video editor.

hope this helps :)

Thanks for the answer. I shall try it now.

Guest plegdroid
Evening. How goes the modding? You should/could make a theme out of it :)

evening. its making sense to me now , following paths that attributes point to. got blue notifications if you want it? post-910238-13559452492047_thumb.jpg

Edited by plegdroid