Best daily rom to use as of 19th December please

Guest rwalton159

Guest rwalton159

Hello, on purchasing my G300 I downloaded and installed the [iCS] [REPACK] [4.0.3] B940 U8815 OTA release [ROM] found on this link:

http://www.modaco.co...ta-release-rom/

I'm wondering if there's now a better rom to use as a daily please?

Thank you & Merry Christmas

:)

Sorry to use my intial post but now I have CWM sorted is there a definitive daily rom to go for please?

Jelly Bean does not appear stable so what else is worthy to use?

Try Cyda's Stock+

I've found it the best stock based rom.

http://www.modaco.co...1-updated-2911/

This but CM10 is smooth although has flaws. CM9 maybe after you get to grips.

I agree with both.

If you want cutting edge and are willing to understand that it is an experiment build so will have some issues then CM9 and CM10 are awesome. I'm currently using CM10 and it's excellent overall.

However, if you want a fast & stable stock rom experience with everything working then my Stock+ rom ticks all the boxes and does take some beating.

FWIW... I'm using CM10 for about a week now albeit mainly just for "normal" phone functionality, texts, email and web browsing - i.e. haven't started playing with lots of different apps for different stuff - and have had basically no problems so far. I did a totally clean install (i.e. wiped everything and restored nothing other than google contacts) which probably helped and I also disabled HW overlays in the Developer Options. I'm still on R1 and have found it great so far. At the weekend I'll upgrade to R2 and start using more apps etc.

I don't know if it matters but I think that the last stock ROM I updated to was B936 (Vodafone Ireland) so I presume that I have the 936 RIL. I just mention this because there's some anecdotal reports that some 2G/3G switching (?) or other stuff that causes problems for some people can be mitigated or solved by using the 926 RIL. But I'm still not 100% sure on how to get to that from 936 or another arbitrary stock ROM/RIL... :-|

Hope this helps.

What can I expect from Stock + please. I have compared the rom with what I have and the kernel is 3.0.8 and looks the same and its still 4.0.3

No one has said specifically afaik. And Huawei aren't telling! :)

People have reported that it's faster, more stable. Cyda has added all safe tweaks and improvements so it's really good without having to do that. I would say that infusion adds experimental tweaks as well which to me is less desirable.

Edited by fr0do