Changing from CM9 to stock B952

Guest fmgc13

You will have to force flash it. Cwm zips and update.apps are totally different.

Why? If he is on CM9 he will have CWM installed and be on baseband 2030 so he can just flash the repack I posted.

Edited by Cyda

Guest Fagulhas

Why? If he is on CM9 he will have CWM installed and be on baseband 2030 so he can just flash the repack I posted.

He can, however, update.apps do update other stuff we don't have access, ie. low level firmware and some other stuff.

He can, however, update.apps do update other stuff we don't have access, ie. low level firmware and some other stuff.

Yes I know what an update.app does but why should he need to do that? I'm still using the B926 low level firmware without any issue, as are many here, and this guy has not mentioned anything about having issues that a update.app flash may resolve. So why bother with the update.app when cwm is far safer?

Edited by Cyda

Guest Fagulhas

Its just a matter of choice :) personally i like having my phone updated and with matching firmware & proprietaries.

Edit: Btw while we are at it, mind doing another repack? this time, B951 :P http://www.huaweidev...001C306B951.rar

This one has a secondary package.. We sure need a decent topic with all the roms and their respective repacks.!

Edited by Fagulhas

Its just a matter of choice :) personally i like having my phone updated and with matching firmware & proprietaries.

Edit: Btw while we are at it, mind doing another repack? this time, B951 :P http://www.huaweidev...001C306B951.rar

This one has a secondary package.. We sure need a decent topic with all the roms and their respective repacks.!

I'm of the 'if it ain't broke' school of thought. I've had zero issues since installing the B926 firmware (update.app) so see no reason to update from it, and I've used this low level firmware with almost every rom and repack that has been available for the G300. Plus installing a repack via cwm is just easier and safer; I've never heard of anyone bricking their phone via a cwm repack but there have been a one or two bricks caused by official updates (admittedly all from the same crappy OTA).

I'll get that repack done later.

Edited by Cyda

Guest Rico_89

I think like Cyda, now. I zeroed my IMEI about four or five times and then thought to hell with this rolling of the dice every time a new official rom comes out, so months ago, I just did one last zero to HSPA 11, B926, and I haven't used an update.app since.

Also If I remember correctly then there is no update.app for B952, just B936, so if you want the latest then you're going to have to flash in CMW.

Guest Fagulhas

I think like Cyda, now. I zeroed my IMEI about four or five times and then thought to hell with this rolling of the dice every time a new official rom comes out, so months ago, I just did one last zero to HSPA 11, B926, and I haven't used an update.app since.

Also If I remember correctly then there is no update.app for B952, just B936, so if you want the latest then you're going to have to flash in CMW.

There's already full B951 and B952 update.app :) You only pretty much need to zero the IMEI if you want to downgrade between versions without going to GB first.

Guest Fagulhas

I'm of the 'if it ain't broke' school of thought. I've had zero issues since installing the B926 firmware (update.app) so see no reason to update from it, and I've used this low level firmware with almost every rom and repack that has been available for the G300. Plus installing a repack via cwm is just easier and safer; I've never heard of anyone bricking their phone via a cwm repack but there have been a one or two bricks caused by official updates (admittedly all from the same crappy OTA).

I'll get that repack done later.

You sure have a lot of work doing repacks...i wonder if i can automatize that for the next CWM release... ;)

You sure have a lot of work doing repacks...i wonder if i can automatize that for the next CWM release... ;)

In what way? I'm all for an easier life. Although I'm still holding hope for an option to backup and restore /dev/block/mmcblk0p19... It's the only thing stopping me switching to your pimp touch screen CWM. Every time I do a repack I test it works before releasing, and because I store all my apps on the 2gb internal storage (/dev/block/mmcblk0p19) I need that ability to backup/restore that partition or I'd be restoring apps forever. It's the only reason I still use v5.

There is 3 versions of B951. http://www.huaweidev...wei-g300-ascend

Go to descargas

I can only see one b951 dated 12/12 the other 2 files I see are a downgrade to GB package and an older ICS.

Edited by Cyda

Guest Davidoff59

Cyda, there is no mention of a repack in the original question hence my comment. If he had stated repack, I wouldn't have answered as that would have been covered by the second post.

Cyda, there is no mention of a repack in the original question hence my comment. If he had stated repack, I wouldn't have answered as that would have been covered by the second post.

I know but he did mention cwm and I am surprised that supposed 'people in the know' would recommend using a update.app over a repack on a system which already has cwm installed.

That is all.

Guest Fagulhas

I know but he did mention cwm and I am surprised that supposed 'people in the know' would recommend using a update.app over a repack on a system which already has cwm installed.

That is all.

He may want to wipe all traces of "custom" stuff, thats all.

He may want to wipe all traces of "custom" stuff, thats all.

He may but as he made no mention of that, and specifically mentioned cwm...

Anyway. It's been answered both ways now he can choose for himself.

Guest Rico_89

There's already full B951 and B952 update.app :) You only pretty much need to zero the IMEI if you want to downgrade between versions without going to GB first.

I didn't know the update app for B952 had been released. Is that here on the forums or at the Huawei site?

Also IMEI = zero has to be done for some, when installing an update.app, whether upgrading or downgrading.. and unfortunately I'm in the "some" category.

Guest unaszplodrmann

So... what's the easiest and safest way to do it? I'm just changing until CM10 comes out without bugs because with CM9 it has a bit of lag sometimes..

You'll find the stock ROMs 'lag sometimes', too. Nothing will change the fact that the G300 is budget device with a single core CPU. If the processor is busy on background task, the UI will appear slower. AFAIK, Google did makes changes that will make the UI smoother in higher load situations. But giving higher priority to rendering on the main thread means that background tasks don't complete as quickly; its swings and roundabouts. For example, iPhones appear faster to the average users because rendering the UI takes precedence... In short, 'a bit of lag' is not indicative of a software bug. And, if Intel are to be believed, even in multi-core setups, multi-threading on Android is still lacklustre.

Edited by unaszplodrmann

Guest Davidoff59

But I didn't recommend anything, I answered his question on how he would flash a stock rom, not a repack of a stock rom. If Vodafone would accept a repack in a warranty return then I see your point but they won't so stock is an update.app and a repack is based on stock. I answered the question as it was asked, not as I presumed it was asked.