• Announcements

• Reminder - MoDaCo position on illegal content   07/30/15

ILLEGAL CONTENT I'd like to just reaffirm MoDaCo's position regarding piracy and illegal content in the light of some recent questions / postings. Posts will be censored by myself or my moderation team if the contain or link to: Illegal / pirated / cracked software or sites that host such softwareNintendo emulators / ROMs or sites hosting them (in light of Nintendo's legal stance)CUSTOM ROMS You may discuss and post links to custom device ROMs on MoDaCo, provided the following rules are adhered to: ROMs must not contain any illegal 3rd party software (this includes trial versions included without permission)ROMs must give full credit to the original authorISSUES If you have any issues with this policy, please contact PaulOBrien directly via PM.
    • Reminder: Selling items on the forum directly is not allowed   07/30/15

Please note that selling items on the forum directly is not allowed by the forum rules. There is a forum for eBay auctions whereby you can list the items on eBay and link to them there. This is the ONLY forum for this type of activity. You may also advertise links to the eBay forum in your signature. Please note that selling directly in contravention of these rules will result in a warning / suspension / ban.

nandroid backup, please explain how to do it

18 posts in this topic

Posted

hi

please can someone explain how to do nandroid backup for g300.

i have read many forums (including this one) and cannot do it.

i'm not an expert, so please have it in your mind when explaining.

thx

Posted

You'll need to be rooted. This is covered elsewhere. I just tried Online Nandroid Backup and it seems to work on G300. This is one of the easiest ways to do a Nandroid backup since you don't have to boot into recovery etc.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.h3r3t1c.onnandbup

Posted

thx i'll try

Posted

It's very simple. Are you rooted and boot loader unlocked and have cwm installed?

Posted

yes, all of that

is nandroid backup = backup in cwm setup?

Posted

yes, all of that

is nandroid backup = backup in cwm setup?

yes

Posted

oooo thx a lot

can you tell is one nandroid backup only for that specific rom (also there are several roms with same B number is it apply-able to all of them) or can be applied among other rom on the same platform (gb, ics, jb)?

Posted

You can use those backups on any ROM of the same baseband. So you could swap between stock+, CM9, and CM10, for example.

Note that backups from different versions of cwm aren't compatable. I'd recommend fagulhas' v6 latest.

Posted

ClockworkMod 6.0.2.1 R2 ?

Posted (edited)

That's the one. It's fast and fully touch supported. If you are still on stock GB ROM and want to switch to ICS, first you have to back up your IMEI in case you ever need a warranty, it's explained in this forum too.

Edited by sashko69

Posted

thx

i know that i need to backup imei, but its always good to mention it

Posted (edited)

3 more q

will nand bckup erase all tweaking and scripts?

is it possible to make flashable zip nand bckup?

if i make nand bckup on one B version and make restore on another B version (same basebend), which B version will i have?

Edited by jugoslav

Posted (edited)

will nand bckup erase all tweaking and scripts?

No. It saves all of that to restore your setup exactly. If you break your phone and you can only get to cwm, you can get back to your fully working state by restoring the nandroid.

is it possible to make flashable zip nand bckup?

No (not as far as I know. The restore is a simple single click anyway from cwm. )

if i make nand bckup on one B version and make restore on another B version (same basebend), which B version will i have?

The baseband will stay the same. Those B numbers are build revisions on the same baseband. 926 to 952 are all baseband 2030. Ice Cream Sandwich. There are bits that won't change from your original update to ICS. That's what affects things like your data upload speeds.

Edited by fr0do

Posted

thx fr0do

now i must ask more, if i can and if i'm not pain in the ass

if i make clean install and nand bckup, then apply some scripts, then restore to nand backup i made, scripts will be gone?

if i install B926, make nand bckup, upgrade to B934, do restore nand bckup (which i made on B926) i will get B926 rom?

thx a lot, a lot

Posted

if i make clean install and nand bckup, then apply some scripts, then restore to nand backup i made, scripts will be gone?

Yes.

if i install B926, make nand bckup, upgrade to B934, do restore nand bckup (which i made on B926) i will get B926 rom?

Yes, that is also correct.

Posted

thx

thx

thx

Posted

That's correct too. You're on a roll! ;)

Posted

thx a lot

ps: can you suggest some books or other stuff to start learning android development