google search, sear plugin and youtube not working

Guest only1carra

Guest only1carra

there appears to be a roblem with the search plugin because any apps that use it are not working. the search bar on the browsers just stop when i use the google search engine. yahoo and anything else work fine on whatever browser i use. when i dtart youtube it says network error, have tried various versions of youtube with no joy. my weqther widgets say network error and wont load. im pretty sure its down to google search because all apps relying on ot wobt work. the google search widget also doesnt work. anyobe had thos and can anyobe help me to fix? many thanks

Guest wrtease

when i had this problem it was down to the hosts file.and the fix did solve issues with all problems internet related.also wigets and search would work fine .

Edited by wrtease

Guest wrtease

you could copy a host file from any other rom and paste it in your system,etc folder with root permissions .that way you will have all working. i can send you the file from skype .

Edited by wrtease

Guest only1carra

I tried new hosts files with no Joy so given up!

Bought an Xpedia P which arrived neday on saturday unlocked and only £149.99!

Its a better phone than the Huawei G330 and hopefully there should be more support

for it on the Forums, have it rooted and its great!

The G330 was a great phone but just not enough support to go with my limited technical ability!

Mine is shortly to be listed on Ebay if anyone is interested before hand let me know, only owned it

a few weeks and is in mint condition with all original box, books and accessories plus case.

If anyone wants one of the Sonys then the offer on the News page is a great one!