Site Notice - We are currently investigating an issue with missing download links. Apologies for any inconvenience caused. PaulOBrien

• Announcements

• Reminder - MoDaCo position on illegal content   07/30/15

ILLEGAL CONTENT I'd like to just reaffirm MoDaCo's position regarding piracy and illegal content in the light of some recent questions / postings. Posts will be censored by myself or my moderation team if the contain or link to: Illegal / pirated / cracked software or sites that host such softwareNintendo emulators / ROMs or sites hosting them (in light of Nintendo's legal stance)CUSTOM ROMS You may discuss and post links to custom device ROMs on MoDaCo, provided the following rules are adhered to: ROMs must not contain any illegal 3rd party software (this includes trial versions included without permission)ROMs must give full credit to the original authorISSUES If you have any issues with this policy, please contact PaulOBrien directly via PM.
    • Reminder: Selling items on the forum directly is not allowed   07/30/15

Please note that selling items on the forum directly is not allowed by the forum rules. There is a forum for eBay auctions whereby you can list the items on eBay and link to them there. This is the ONLY forum for this type of activity. You may also advertise links to the eBay forum in your signature. Please note that selling directly in contravention of these rules will result in a warning / suspension / ban.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Sony confirm which 2012 Xperias will get Jellybean

5 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

Sony are particularly excited about the Sony Xperia Jelly Bean features and look forward to bringing you more information on this in the New Year. OK, so which devices don't get the new OS?

The decision has been taken not to upgrade Xperia U, Xperia miro, Xperia tipo, and Xperia sola beyond Android 4.0.

So the budget range is not being updated, but the Xperia E has similar specifications and will be launching with Jelly Bean.

Moving on, the Xperia T, Xperia TX and Xperia V will receive Jelly Bean between February and March 2013. The Xperia P, Xperia J and Xperia go will be upgraded from the end of March. Lastly, the Xperia S, Xperia SL, Xperia Ion and Xperia Acro S will follow in the subsequent weeks.

Has this list changed from the announcement two months ago? No, just the four devices that were previously unknown have now been confirmed to be staying on Android 4.0. :(

[Via: Sony Mobiles]

Click here to view the item

Posted · Report post

Pretty poor show especially for the Xperia U given as you say the E is deemed capable of running it.

Even the phones that are getting the upgrade they aren't exactly rushing it out the door are they...

Xperia S could get the update around a year after we first saw JB.

Such recalcitrant support does put me off Sony phones tbh, and knowing that it's unlikely any of these will see 4.2 makes the otherwise rather interesting Xperia P deal in your other new article less so. That and not really liking the styling with the clear bar.

Posted · Report post

i think that the decision not to upgrade some of the best selling Sony devices are pretty stupid. i think that if they did upgrade these popular devices then they will be more popular. that is really annoying especially when the xperia E is getting an update and it able to run jelly bean...

Posted · Report post

I have a sony miro which run ICS and what I have read it could support JB even though its a low to mid end phone I don't understand sony we need to start cracking out some roms because there is no way sony are going to change their minds.

Posted · Report post

xperia t has an alpha firmware out now by sony for 4.1

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

MoDaCo is part of the MoDaCo.network, © Paul O'Brien 2002-2015. MoDaCo uses IntelliTxt technology.