• Announcements

• Reminder: Selling items on the forum directly is not allowed

Please note that selling items on the forum directly is not allowed by the forum rules. There is a forum for eBay auctions whereby you can list the items on eBay and link to them there. This is the ONLY forum for this type of activity. You may also advertise links to the eBay forum in your signature. Please note that selling directly in contravention of these rules will result in a warning / suspensions / ban.
    • Reminder - MoDaCo position on illegal content   07/30/15

ILLEGAL CONTENT I'd like to just reaffirm MoDaCo's position regarding piracy and illegal content in the light of some recent questions / postings. Posts will be censored by myself or my moderation team if the contain or link to: Illegal / pirated / cracked software or sites that host such softwareNintendo emulators / ROMs or sites hosting them (in light of Nintendo's legal stance)CUSTOM ROMS You may discuss and post links to custom device ROMs on MoDaCo, provided the following rules are adhered to: ROMs must not contain any illegal 3rd party software (this includes trial versions included without permission)ROMs must give full credit to the original authorISSUES If you have any issues with this policy, please contact PaulOBrien directly via PM.

[DEV][ROM][24.7.] CyanogenMod 10.1 (Android 4.2.2)

3452 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

Thanks guys and sorry if that was already said. I'll try that later as i don't have the phone now with me.

Posted · Report post

Thanks KonstaT and everyone else who helped to make this ROM, its already the best I've used. I've been using CM7.2 for ages so this is like having a new phone.

I have one problem which hopefully someone can help me with. After a complete wipe of my phone then installing both the ROM and Gapps, on the first boot I get this message "Unfortunately, google search has stopped"

Google now seems to be working but I'm having a problem with voice search. When I click the mic on the home screen search bar or in the google now screen I get the message retry over and over.

If this has been mentioned earlier I must have missed it. Thanks again, you guys are the reason I use android.

Posted · Report post

KonstaT - very nice rom, thanks for all the hard work you have put into it. Upgraded from CyanogenMod 7.1.0 a few days ago and the only issues I have seen so far are:

Voice search not working, constantly gives a retry message - not a big loss

Bluetooth seems to drain the battery - test overnight from full charge, 18% remaining with Bluetooth on, 95% remaining with Bluetooth off

Bit sluggish and sometimes misses a tap on the screeen - considering this is a 600Mhz CPU originally running 2.1 there is no way I can complain about this (amazed 4.2 could be got working on the phone)

Mark

Posted · Report post

I had bluetooth problems too. Since i repaired it with “Bluetooth Fix Repair 1.4.2“ from play store (one repair is free), i have no problems anymore.

It doesn't work, it says this phone is unknown. It's not clear what's behind a post with a link to an app which needs root access from someone who never posted anything else...

Posted · Report post

Hi, I've installed this rom and gapps coming from Eco CM7.

I use Swiftkey keyboard but after installing, when I go through setup, at stage 2"Enable Swiftkey" I get a message "unfortunately, settings has stopped" and I can't complete the set up.

I've redownloaded the rom and gapps and reflashed but still the same - any ideas?

Thanks

had the same problem. step 2 always gave me the same error. i manually enabled swiftkey in settings -> language & input -> default -> swiftkey and enabled swiftkey using the checkbox.

after that swiftkey worked fine.

Posted · Report post

It doesn't work, it says this phone is unknown. It's not clear what's behind a post with a link to an app which needs root access from someone who never posted anything else...

Nice work detective "zamiere"! ;)

Usually people start to post when they're in trouble... not to advertise something.

Posted · Report post

Nice work detective "zamiere"! ;)

Usually people start to post when they're in trouble... not to advertise something.

Thanks Lestrade, but what is the reason of advertising something in this forum if that app doesn't work on this hardware? And he says it worked for him. Interesting...

Posted · Report post

KonstaT, what did you rewrite in the device settings? :)

https://github.com/K...d904ecda55edee1

Thanks KonstaT and everyone else who helped to make this ROM, its already the best I've used. I've been using CM7.2 for ages so this is like having a new phone.

I have one problem which hopefully someone can help me with. After a complete wipe of my phone then installing both the ROM and Gapps, on the first boot I get this message "Unfortunately, google search has stopped"

Google now seems to be working but I'm having a problem with voice search. When I click the mic on the home screen search bar or in the google now screen I get the message retry over and over.

If this has been mentioned earlier I must have missed it. Thanks again, you guys are the reason I use android.

KonstaT - very nice rom, thanks for all the hard work you have put into it. Upgraded from CyanogenMod 7.1.0 a few days ago and the only issues I have seen so far are:

Voice search not working, constantly gives a retry message - not a big loss

Bluetooth seems to drain the battery - test overnight from full charge, 18% remaining with Bluetooth on, 95% remaining with Bluetooth off

Bit sluggish and sometimes misses a tap on the screeen - considering this is a 600Mhz CPU originally running 2.1 there is no way I can complain about this (amazed 4.2 could be got working on the phone)

Mark

It's been repeated about once a page. Voice search in Android 4.X needs proprietary libs that are only available for ARMv7. Voice search only works if you use the special 'voice search' app that you find in you app drawer.

Device doesn't enter deep sleep when bluetooth is turned on. Enable bluetooth only when you're going to use it.

Posted · Report post

USB Storage doesn´t work properly here.

Posted · Report post

When no sim card is inserted an error appears "process com.android.phone has stopped".

Posted (edited) · Report post

USB Storage doesn´t work properly here.

You should tell what is the problem with it. Usb massstorage working fine for me Edited by peetu20

Posted · Report post

When no sim card is inserted an error appears "process com.android.phone has stopped".

Phone app doesnt maybe work if u do not have sim card in?

Posted · Report post

i have the same issue.

Posted · Report post

You should tell what is the problem with it. Usb massstorage working fine for me

When I click "Activate USB Storage" it keeps loading but doesn´t activate nothing.

Posted · Report post

Add

persist.ril.enable=false

to your build.prop if you plan to use this ROM without a SIM card.

Performance will be (and has always been) terrible without a SIM card if you don't disable RIL.

Posted · Report post

Thanks Lestrade, but what is the reason of advertising something in this forum if that app doesn't work on this hardware? And he says it worked for him. Interesting...

I was thinking you were about to say: "Elementary my dear Watson!" :D

I was thinking you were about to say: "Elementary my dear Watson!" :D

For God's sake, Watson! Elementary is a waporware!

Edited by zamiere

Posted · Report post

When I click "Activate USB Storage" it keeps loading but doesn´t activate nothing.

Are u sure ur sdcard is fine? Try to go to recovery and mount usb under mounts and storage section. If its working there, you hve problem with system, and maybe with u computer. Try other usb port too.

For God's sake, Watson! Elementary is a waporware!

I suppose this is off-topic but: are u talkin' about the Linux based OS? The so-called vaporware? Edited by dreis911

this version can not use data2ext. the data partition space is too small.

how can i modify it to support data2ext or use s2e?

thanks

Edited by gchww

Posted · Report post

i have the same issue.

USB is working fine here :) No issues with this build :)

this version can not use data2ext. the data partition space is too small.

how can i modify it to support data2ext or use s2e?

thanks

Use CronMod-INT2EXT+ It works great with this rom :)

Posted · Report post

Sometimes USB Storage works.

In recovery mount usb doesn`t work.

Posted · Report post

Sometimes USB Storage works.

In recovery mount usb doesn`t work.

Are u sure that ut usb works? And do you have drivers installed?

Posted · Report post

Recovery has nothing to do with the ROM. Flash another Recovery version or try to reinstall your ZTE drivers in Windows.

Is GPS working for everybody? Toggling on/off has no effect for me. No GPS :-(

(edit)

False alarm GPS is working fine.

Edited by szpilasty