[DEV][ROM][24.7.] CyanogenMod 10.1 (Android 4.2.2)

Guest KonstaT

Guest ianwin

Thanks KonstaT and everyone else who helped to make this ROM, its already the best I've used. I've been using CM7.2 for ages so this is like having a new phone.

I have one problem which hopefully someone can help me with. After a complete wipe of my phone then installing both the ROM and Gapps, on the first boot I get this message "Unfortunately, google search has stopped"

Google now seems to be working but I'm having a problem with voice search. When I click the mic on the home screen search bar or in the google now screen I get the message retry over and over.

If this has been mentioned earlier I must have missed it. Thanks again, you guys are the reason I use android.

Guest mjwbase

KonstaT - very nice rom, thanks for all the hard work you have put into it. Upgraded from CyanogenMod 7.1.0 a few days ago and the only issues I have seen so far are:

Voice search not working, constantly gives a retry message - not a big loss

Bluetooth seems to drain the battery - test overnight from full charge, 18% remaining with Bluetooth on, 95% remaining with Bluetooth off

Bit sluggish and sometimes misses a tap on the screeen - considering this is a 600Mhz CPU originally running 2.1 there is no way I can complain about this (amazed 4.2 could be got working on the phone)

Mark

Guest zamiere

I had bluetooth problems too. Since i repaired it with “Bluetooth Fix Repair 1.4.2“ from play store (one repair is free), i have no problems anymore.

It doesn't work, it says this phone is unknown. It's not clear what's behind a post with a link to an app which needs root access from someone who never posted anything else...

Guest ll Sravan Kumar ll

Hi, I've installed this rom and gapps coming from Eco CM7.

I use Swiftkey keyboard but after installing, when I go through setup, at stage 2"Enable Swiftkey" I get a message "unfortunately, settings has stopped" and I can't complete the set up.

I've redownloaded the rom and gapps and reflashed but still the same - any ideas?

Thanks

had the same problem. step 2 always gave me the same error. i manually enabled swiftkey in settings -> language & input -> default -> swiftkey and enabled swiftkey using the checkbox.

after that swiftkey worked fine.

Guest dreis911

It doesn't work, it says this phone is unknown. It's not clear what's behind a post with a link to an app which needs root access from someone who never posted anything else...

Nice work detective "zamiere"! ;)

Usually people start to post when they're in trouble... not to advertise something.

Guest zamiere

Nice work detective "zamiere"! ;)

Usually people start to post when they're in trouble... not to advertise something.

Thanks Lestrade, but what is the reason of advertising something in this forum if that app doesn't work on this hardware? And he says it worked for him. Interesting...

Guest KonstaT

KonstaT, what did you rewrite in the device settings? :)

https://github.com/K...d904ecda55edee1

Thanks KonstaT and everyone else who helped to make this ROM, its already the best I've used. I've been using CM7.2 for ages so this is like having a new phone.

I have one problem which hopefully someone can help me with. After a complete wipe of my phone then installing both the ROM and Gapps, on the first boot I get this message "Unfortunately, google search has stopped"

Google now seems to be working but I'm having a problem with voice search. When I click the mic on the home screen search bar or in the google now screen I get the message retry over and over.

If this has been mentioned earlier I must have missed it. Thanks again, you guys are the reason I use android.

KonstaT - very nice rom, thanks for all the hard work you have put into it. Upgraded from CyanogenMod 7.1.0 a few days ago and the only issues I have seen so far are:

Voice search not working, constantly gives a retry message - not a big loss

Bluetooth seems to drain the battery - test overnight from full charge, 18% remaining with Bluetooth on, 95% remaining with Bluetooth off

Bit sluggish and sometimes misses a tap on the screeen - considering this is a 600Mhz CPU originally running 2.1 there is no way I can complain about this (amazed 4.2 could be got working on the phone)

Mark

It's been repeated about once a page. Voice search in Android 4.X needs proprietary libs that are only available for ARMv7. Voice search only works if you use the special 'voice search' app that you find in you app drawer.

Device doesn't enter deep sleep when bluetooth is turned on. Enable bluetooth only when you're going to use it.

Guest peetu20

USB Storage doesn´t work properly here.

You should tell what is the problem with it. Usb massstorage working fine for me Edited by peetu20

Guest peetu20

When no sim card is inserted an error appears "process com.android.phone has stopped".

Phone app doesnt maybe work if u do not have sim card in?

Guest memedroid123

You should tell what is the problem with it. Usb massstorage working fine for me

When I click "Activate USB Storage" it keeps loading but doesn´t activate nothing.

Guest KonstaT

When no sim card is inserted an error appears "process com.android.phone has stopped".

Add

persist.ril.enable=false[/CODE]

to your build.prop if you plan to use this ROM without a SIM card.

Performance will be (and has always been) terrible without a SIM card if you don't disable RIL.

Guest dreis911

Thanks Lestrade, but what is the reason of advertising something in this forum if that app doesn't work on this hardware? And he says it worked for him. Interesting...

I was thinking you were about to say: "Elementary my dear Watson!" :D

Guest zamiere

I was thinking you were about to say: "Elementary my dear Watson!" :D

For God's sake, Watson! Elementary is a waporware!

Edited by zamiere

Guest peetu20

When I click "Activate USB Storage" it keeps loading but doesn´t activate nothing.

Are u sure ur sdcard is fine? Try to go to recovery and mount usb under mounts and storage section. If its working there, you hve problem with system, and maybe with u computer. Try other usb port too.

Guest dreis911

For God's sake, Watson! Elementary is a waporware!

I suppose this is off-topic but: are u talkin' about the Linux based OS? The so-called vaporware? Edited by dreis911

Guest gchww

this version can not use data2ext. the data partition space is too small.

how can i modify it to support data2ext or use s2e?

thanks

Edited by gchww

Guest Kazekage Gaara

i have the same issue.

USB is working fine here :) No issues with this build :)

this version can not use data2ext. the data partition space is too small.

how can i modify it to support data2ext or use s2e?

thanks

Use CronMod-INT2EXT+ It works great with this rom :)

Guest szpilasty

Is GPS working for everybody? Toggling on/off has no effect for me. No GPS :-(

(edit)

False alarm GPS is working fine.

Edited by szpilasty