[DEV][ROM][24.7.] CyanogenMod 10.1 (Android 4.2.2)

Guest KonstaT

Guest khadu

I am using clockworkmod recovery 6.0.2.7 by konsta t, and recently posted about a bug that it dosen't partition sd card properly.

As suggested by a member ,i then used minitool partition wizard for my task successfully.just to identify what was the recovery doing wrong ,i partitioned my sd card again with recovery and checked the partitions by minitool and observed that the recovery leaves the chosen sd ext partition unallocated with rest of the card as fat 32(in my case 1 gb of unallocated space).whats strange is that the recovery successfully partitions both sd ext and fat 32 with the min. size available (128mb) for sd ext, if chosen.

As there is no seperate thread for this recovery and is posted over here, i want to request konsta t if he could make it better.Also sometimes it stops while making a backup and battery has to be removed to come out of recovery and repeat the process again.

Guest Droopy_be

Hello all,

I have an issue with ringtones and contacts.

When I configure a ringtone for a contact, my default ringtone changes also.

I need to change the default rigntone after

Do you known thi issue?

Guest dreis911

Hello!

Is hungarian language supported?

Hungarian is Magyar isn't it?

It's shown on the "Language & input" menu but I don't think the dictionary is included.

I think KonstaT has removed it so that LatinIME.apk would be smaller.

I think he can supply the dictionary file to you so you can insert it into the LatinIME.apk.

You'll probably will have to remove other dictionaries so that the LatinIME.apk will fit into the right space.

Guest ztnej

hey guys, i've a question here:

let's say that i run out of battery in the morning when going to work and later when i come home and plug the phone to the charger (aswell turning it on) and meanwhile someone texted me during that day (at 3pm for example) as the phone turns on the messages appears as it was received in that minute, not in the 3 pm...

isn't there a fix for this? sorry for my english btw

Guest Kazekage Gaara

let's say that i run out of battery in the morning when going to work and later when i come home and plug the phone to the charger (aswell turning it on) and meanwhile someone texted me during that day (at 3pm for example) as the phone turns on the messages appears as it was received in that minute, not in the 3 pm...

Well, the timing is most probably gonna be when the phone receives the message from your service provider and not when the service provider received the message that needed to be forwarded to you.

I don't think what you're saing is possible until and unless there was some way of the phone communicating with the service provider or if the service provider itself had this kind of facility.

Next time, if this happens to me, I'll surely let you know what timing it shows in my phone, although my phone is hardly ever off :)

Guest dreis911

First of all, I presume you use the ROM's Messaging App.

So, try this:

Go to the Messaging Settings, and almost at the end of the list you have a "Original Timestamps". Enable it.

This should retrieve the sent hour/date instead of the received hour/date from the SMS.

Guest Kazekage Gaara

So, try this:

Go to the Messaging Settings, and almost at the end of the list you have a "Original Timestamps". Enable it.

This should retrieve the sent hour/date instead of the received hour/date from the SMS.

Wow, pretty neat. Gotta try that. Thanx :D

Guest ztnej

Well, the timing is most probably gonna be when the phone receives the message from your service provider and not when the service provider received the message that needed to be forwarded to you.

I don't think what you're saing is possible until and unless there was some way of the phone communicating with the service provider or if the service provider itself had this kind of facility.

Next time, if this happens to me, I'll surely let you know what timing it shows in my phone, although my phone is hardly ever off :)

i asked that because if i use a phone, a old one for example without android, and i receive a sms while turned off when i turn it on the message details appears as the time the person sent me and not the time the phone is turned on

So, try this:

thanks! gonna try that in the next times :)

para a próxima faço a pergunta em Português :D

Guest Mrondo K

Hey guys,

So yesterday Play Store on my phone updated itself from the version on the first post of this thread to the latest version (4.0.27). I wondered if this is normal behaviour considering I live in a third world country?

Thanks in advance.

Guest jonmac73

Hi all, have read a lot of recent pages, but is this CM10.1 ROM now reliable enough for daily use ? & enjoy 4.2.2 features/mods.

I am just about to upgrade to most recent version of Daemend continuation CM10 - previous versions fine if a little laggy sometimes.

Thanks in advance

Guest elrond_bs

So yesterday Play Store on my phone updated itself from the version on the first post of this thread to the latest version (4.0.27). I wondered if this is normal behaviour considering I live in a third world country?

Why not? It's not only about the country, it's about the phone and Android version too. :) 4.0.27 works fine for me on CM10 (I installed it from apk, not updated automatically), should be the same for CM10.1.

@jonmac73: I prefer CM10, but I haven't tested any newer CM10.1 versions. CM10 works well enough for me and I don't need/like some of the new features. But that's just personal preference.

Edited by elrond_bs

Guest Obligatorisk

Bug report: You can not add more keyboard layouts in the very latest release of this. It just crashes if you try.

How? Do this:

1. Settings

2. Language & input

KEYBOARD & INPUT METHODS

3. Default

4. Set up input methods

5. Settings crashes.

Edited by Obligatorisk

Guest dreis911

Bug report: You can not add more keyboard layouts in the very latest release of this. It just crashes if you try.

How? Do this:

1. Settings

2. Language & input

KEYBOARD & INPUT METHODS

3. Default

4. Set up input methods

5. Settings crashes.

May be an error for trying to choose what's already chosen!!!

I think that in this setting you can choose from several input Apps - which by default is the "Android keyboard" already included in this ROM.

But it's already chosen!! So there's no need to choose it again!

In my case: I use Swiftkey instead of "Android keyboard" so in point 4 I have 2 options: "Android keyboard" or Swiftkey.

I can assure you that I can switch from one to another without problems.

The Settings only have a FC when I try to choose the option that's already chosen!

I don't know if I made myself clear... :wacko:

AFAIK to choose another Keyboard layout you need to choose the option below, which is "Android keyboard (AOSP)" by clicking on "equalizer" on the right and then change the "Input languages".

Edited by dreis911

Guest KonstaT

How? Do this:

1. Settings

2. Language & input

KEYBOARD & INPUT METHODS

3. Default

4. Set up input methods

5. Settings crashes.

Known. Fixed. Asked. Answered.

http://review.cyanog....org/#/c/36219/