[DEV][ROM][24.7.] CyanogenMod 10.1 (Android 4.2.2)

Guest KonstaT

Guest Schwedenbitter

Are you sure you're not doing it wrong, Schwedenbitter? As always, you can overclock the CPU in the Performance menu. And I'm using 19.4 and there's "Boot into recovery" available. Do you have it enabled in Settings->System->Power Menu?

I've read a lot of posts, yet. But I'm not sure, if it is the same way to enable the performance menu like it is to enable the developer settings. If so, never mind and thanks. [edit]@szpilasty: Seems it works this way... [/edit]

As I wrote I got four ZTE (2 Blade, 2 Skate) all with 4.1.2 and the boot menu, which pops up with the power button. After installing the 4.2.2 I couldn't get it. Right now I don't have the Blades to figure it out. But I enabled it via "system setting" -> "system" -> "turn off" -> "reboot menu". As fas as I remember it was enabled on that Blade, too. I checked at least twice. With that strange phone I had to install ROM Manager to boot into recovery mode again.

Because of these problems I already flashed 4.1.2 again. But I'll retry 4.2.2 and your advices again, once I have this Blade in my hands again.

Thanks a lot, Alex

Edited by Schwedenbitter

Guest KonstaT

New build. Most likely the final build. ROM + gapps from the first post should still barely fit 160mb system (159,5mb).

cm-10.1-20130514-KonstaKANG-blade.zip

https://hotfile.com/dl/222801508/efb817d/cm-10.1-20130514-KonstaKANG-blade.zip.html

md5:209ba7e9bfd07c09a66d7d26527aecd4

-backport low memory killer from 3.4 kernel (thanks to plaguedbypenguins)

-faster wifi reconnection after sleep (thanks to plaguedbypenguins)

Guest KonstaT

*Warning* Please do no use it with KonstaT's latest build, if you created mount script using that your SD card will become corrupt and it does mine. I dont want this to happen with others

Unfortunately i lost 8 GB SD Card, meh :(

False alarm. There's nothing with the S2E or the latest build that would cause SD card corruption. If yours got fried it had nothing do with this.

I'm using this with a 16 GB card on a ZTE Blade and a ZTE Skate for almost a year. I never understood, why playstore keeps telling me, s2e wouldn't be compatible with ZTE Blade. So I got it with the Skate, extracted the apk and installed it on my Blade. As simple as this. Maybe it's a hardware problem just with your SD card?

I've tried this new ROM an it looked pretty good. I'm just missing two things. Maybe someone can tell me how to get them back. I can't imagine, these features where gone:

• In the Andoid 4.1.2 based (CM 10) KonstaT ROM I could set the CPU clock. I can't find that menu on it's old place. How/where can I change the CPU clock now?
  • Then I have a "fashion" branded Blade :-( With this it's hard (almost impossible) to catch the CWM recovery mode after a power on. So I helped it with a reboot. In the reboot menu I could choose to reboot into recovery mode. Where is this feature gone?

Thanks, Alex

S2E doesn't support Android 4.2. You can't install it from the Play Shop if you're running 4.2. Even the official .apk won't work on 4.2.

Neither is missing. It's ridiculous that we have to go through this once every page. Why can't people read/search...

Settings -> About phone -> tap build number seven times to unlock performance and developer options

Settings -> Developer options -> Advanced reboot

Guest Schwedenbitter

Once again: Sorry for my question.

I'm not a native english speaker like most of the people of this thread seems like. That's why I'm sometimes without any ideas of searching - which means I don't know the key words the most. You need more information to know, that "Reboot-Menü" is "Advanced reboot" in English an it has moved to "Developer options" now. Once I had this information I could solve my questions even without a search. But so I can't do both.

Because of this problem I've read the first and the last 10 of all 136(!) pages. What else could I do?

As some people already mentioned: Sometime if would be helpfull to post this informations close to the first post...

Settings -> Developer options -> Advanced reboot

Here they are. Thanks and sorry again for bothering everybody.

[edit]

Hope this question did not poped up before:

If S2E doesn't work with 4.2.2, what current app could I use to extent the few memory of my Blade?

TPT doesn't work with my fashion Blade. So I even can't expand /data, which is another construction site of mine.

[edit/]

Alex

Edited by Schwedenbitter

Guest ilopez85

Any news about this? similar glitch happens in gallery editor scrollable menu in portrait.

scrsKsZ.png

How i can fix (if i can) the navigation bar when the phone is in landscape mode ? The buttons are too much separated.... mmm

Edited by ilopez85

Guest theflapjackking

If S2E doesn't work with 4.2.2, what current app could I use to extent the few memory of my Blade?

TPT doesn't work with my fashion Blade. So I even can't expand /data, which is another construction site of mine.

Alex

I have been using cronmod-INT2EXT+ for quite some time on this great ROM :D and it seems to work fine. Hope that helps!

Guest KonstaT

There's a hacked S2E in the second page that works on 4.2. I've heard good things about cronmod script but haven't tried it myself.

Any news about this? similar glitch happens in gallery editor scrollable menu in portrait.

Depends on the button layout you've chosen. It's a different glitch in the gallery. Neither are issues specific to device only.

Problems with connecting wpa/psk wifi connection..it says authentication problem..

Reboot your phone. Reboot your router. Use different encryption...

Guest peetu20

New build. Most likely the final build. ROM + gapps from the first post should still barely fit 160mb system (159,5mb).

cm-10.1-20130514-KonstaKANG-blade.zip

https://hotfile.com/...-blade.zip.html

md5:209ba7e9bfd07c09a66d7d26527aecd4

-backport low memory killer from 3.4 kernel (thanks to plaguedbypenguins)

-faster wifi reconnection after sleep (thanks to plaguedbypenguins)

What does the low memory killer exactly do?

Guest PlaguedByPenguins

What does the low memory killer exactly do?

lowmemorykiller is the part of the kernel responsible for killing background apps so that foreground apps can run. this is how normal memory management works in android. important apps are selected and ranked by userspace parts of android and it then lets the kernel lowmemorykiller cull the lowest ranked apps. this patch improves how this part of android works. it seems more important to do this right in cm10.1 than it was in cm7.

Edited by PlaguedByPenguins

Guest wakeup12

Hi,

Thanks for this great ROM. I upgraded from Konstat Swedish Snow to this one just now. I want to know if it is possible to use the same boot animation existed in Swedish Snow?

Thanks in advance.

Guest I900-Nutzer

Hi KonstanT,

short Question (just to be sure): if i follow your "how to build" from Posting #3 i will get a Build with all your Changes, Optimizations, ... until today?

Like a selfbuildt "cm-10.1-20130514-KonstaKANG-blade.zip"?

Thx for your Work!

Guest dreis911

Hi KonstaT,

Thanks a lot. Gonna try it now.

Thanks for this great ROM. I upgraded from Konstat Swedish Snow to this one just now. I want to know if it is possible to use the same boot animation existed in Swedish Snow?

Did you change the \system partition?

If it's still over 200MB then extract the "bootanimation.zip" from the Swedish Snow and replace the one in this ROM and flash again... it's simple.

If your \system partition is already 160MB then you have to compare the size of the "bootanimation.zip" files to check if the old is not larger than the new one.

Edited by dreis911

Guest khadu

hey, can anybody tell which cronmod script is best.there are 3-4 types

CronMod-INT2EXT+ is the one i use, and seems the best(in my case ,it is a class 4 sd card).

The script runs in way that the phone dosen't slow down and almost runs at the same speed ,as it would without the script.

Although i would like to point out that the device hangs and becomes virtually unresponsive when u install/uninstall an app ,either from play or an apk file, for about a minute.

Guest jeeyi345

I replaced battery with a charged one, it seems booting now. Is that some kind of protection? Scares me.

========================================================================

My blade won't boot today.

When I press boot buttom it just keep vibrating, without screen or button backlight

I've flashed 19.4 for about a month, it was generally usable (sometimes automatically reboot)

I flashed with update, without double wipe

I noticed there's a new ROM came out, any chance of saving my phone?

Edited by jeeyi345

Guest De@n

If an app is installed in /system, will it still update via playstore?

Don't think so ;)

Edited by De@n

Guest Droopy_be

If an app is installed in /system, will it still update via playstore?

I have replaced trebuchet by nova launcher and I received update. In Applications (system menu), I have the choice to remove the update.

Guest wakeup12

Did you change the \system partition?

If it's still over 200MB then extract the "bootanimation.zip" from the Swedish Snow and replace the one in this ROM and flash again... it's simple.

If your \system partition is already 160MB then you have to compare the size of the "bootanimation.zip" files to check if the old is not larger than the new one.

Thanks. I will try it. I have 194/204 MB /system partition. So it means will directly copy it somewhere and make install from ClockRecovery?

My second question is, why swipe does not work here? In English, i see the traces but it does not have any effects. In Turkish i even cannot see the tracks.

Guest bhush

I have replaced trebuchet by nova launcher and I received update. In Applications (system menu), I have the choice to remove the update.

how to replace trebuchet with nova?