[DEV][ROM][24.7.] CyanogenMod 10.1 (Android 4.2.2)

Guest KonstaT

Guest bhush

CronMod-INT2EXT+ is the one i use, and seems the best(in my case ,it is a class 4 sd card).

The script runs in way that the phone dosen't slow down and almost runs at the same speed ,as it would without the script.

Although i would like to point out that the device hangs and becomes virtually unresponsive when u install/uninstall an app ,either from play or an apk file, for about a minute.

hey thanks, I tried to install from recovery but couldn't install it.anyway installed link2sd again.

Guest Droopy_be

how to replace trebuchet with nova?

First of all, the system partition must be 180mb (With nova launcher the system size will be 161MB)

2 choices:

Extract Nova Launcher apk from your Blade,

On an existing system

1) Copy the file on your system/app directory, remove trebuchet (if you want), remove nova launcher from the old directory and reboot

On a fresh or updated installation

2) Open the ROM package and add the nova launcher apk in the app directory and remove trebuchet.apk, and install this ROM.

Guest elrond_bs

Better don't replace Trebuchet with Nova, because when you update Nova, the update will always be on data (taking even more space) and never be moved to system. You'll have to manually move it after every update and this sucks. Not to mention you will need larger system partition. Not worthed.

Edited by elrond_bs

Guest KonstaT

Thanks for this great ROM. I upgraded from Konstat Swedish Snow to this one just now. I want to know if it is possible to use the same boot animation existed in Swedish Snow?

There's no boot animation in Swedish Snow, just the default 'android' text. Just simply remove /system/media/bootanimation.zip.

Hi KonstanT,

short Question (just to be sure): if i follow your "how to build" from Posting #3 i will get a Build with all your Changes, Optimizations, ... until today?

Like a selfbuildt "cm-10.1-20130514-KonstaKANG-blade.zip"?

Thx for your Work!

Pretty much yeah. There's also few patches for features/etc I've added in my builds. I haven't bothered uploading patches for removing Trebuchet wallpapers and LatinIME dictonaries, so your build will be slightly larger. Everything (except FM radio, one patch needed) will work without the patches as well. In addition you'll of course get all the latest CyanogenMod changes merged upstream.

My second question is, why swipe does not work here? In English, i see the traces but it does not have any effects. In Turkish i even cannot see the tracks.

Needs proprietary lib only available for ARMv7.

Guest smsmasters.co.uk

Have you considered supporting USB OTG so that USB DACs can be used? :)

Edited by smsmasters.co.uk

Guest emotty

New build. Most likely the final build. ROM + gapps from the first post should still barely fit 160mb system (159,5mb).

cm-10.1-20130514-KonstaKANG-blade.zip

https://hotfile.com/...-blade.zip.html

md5:209ba7e9bfd07c09a66d7d26527aecd4

-backport low memory killer from 3.4 kernel (thanks to plaguedbypenguins)

-faster wifi reconnection after sleep (thanks to plaguedbypenguins)

Guest coolizard

New build. Most likely the final build. ROM + gapps from the first post should still barely fit 160mb system (159,5mb).

Thank you very much! Never though it would be possible a ROM likes this in our blades.

If this final, let me say the only problem I can find in this ROM is gallery don´t preview recorded video. Can't find any other problem.

Guest karololszak

What this means? "backport low memory killer from 3.4 kernel"

What kind of improvements should be expected?

Thanks...

Better handling of opened, closed and background apps /services (I suppose that since our old 2.x kernel there was quite a number of changes till the 3.4 version, so the newer is much better, and plaguedbypenguins ported it back from the newer to our older).

You might not notice any improvements at all, but it could prevent some issues with lagging apps (eg. more RAM could be free'd so games would run a little faster).

Edited by karololszak

Guest dreis911

how to replace trebuchet with nova?

First of all, the system partition must be 180mb (With nova launcher the system size will be 161MB)

2 choices:

Extract Nova Launcher apk from your Blade,

On an existing system

1) Copy the file on your system/app directory, remove trebuchet (if you want), remove nova launcher from the old directory and reboot

On a fresh or updated installation

2) Open the ROM package and add the nova launcher apk in the app directory and remove trebuchet.apk, and install this ROM.

Well, you can remove unneeded things and still have a 160MB \system. I have 160MB and Nova on \system.

(you can remove "bootanimation.zip" or trim the "LatinIME.apk" which is very large)

But, like elrond_bs stated it's better to install it like any other App.

Guest peetu20

Well, you can remove unneeded things and still have a 160MB \system. I have 160MB and Nova on \system.

(you can remove "bootanimation.zip" or trim the "LatinIME.apk" which is very large)

But, like elrond_bs stated it's better to install it like any other App.

I cannot understand why does people want install nova as system app, it just causes problems, and eats the last space on our blade

Guest dreis911

I cannot understand why does people want install nova as system app, it just causes problems, and eats the last space on our blade

Yes, it eats space in \system. (but we can do some work around)

No, it does not cause any problems at all. (like I said before: I have it in \system)

Some times it's not about what's better, it's more about: I did it "my way" and it's OK too.

Next time (I'll confess) I will not do it like before, but it's working.... and working very well.

Guest raizor6th

Hi guys,

Sorry to ask it here, can anyone confirm if PES2012 is playable in this ROM, I can't find one that works it always says "error, verification failed" :(

Thanks.

Guest kr0m

Hi guys,

Sorry to ask it here, can anyone confirm if PES2012 is playable in this ROM, I can't find one that works it always says "error, verification failed" :(

Thanks.

Yes is playable. I just play right now...Sorry!

Edited by kr0m

Guest raizor6th

Yes is playable. I just play right now.

is this for me?

Can you give me some links to the working app, i couldn't find one that works.

Thanks

Guest Krunal11489

This is my port of CyanogenMod 10.1 for ZTE Blade. It is unofficial and unsupported by the CyanogenMod team. This ROM is mainly for developers/testers/advanced users. I'm really not interested in hearing whining about non-working things (and questions when they will be fixed), actually I couldn't care less if you have issues with this ROM. ;) There's instructions/sources in the third post to build CM10.1 yourself. If you must have something fixed right now - you better do it yourself.

post-834050-0-58159400-1356078847_thumb.post-834050-0-46040400-1356078867_thumb.post-834050-0-69493600-1356078903_thumb.post-834050-0-59053500-1356078887_thumb.

cm-10.1-20130514-KonstaKANG-blade.zip

https://hotfile.com/...-blade.zip.html

md5:209ba7e9bfd07c09a66d7d26527aecd4

gapps-jb42-20130307-KonstaKANG.zip

https://hotfile.com/...taKANG.zip.html

md5:8545SPAM12c25aab6c849595eb96827d

You'll need at least 160mb system partition for the ROM and gapps to fit. Both gen1->gen2 and G2 TPTs are available at Amphoras' TPT Helper.

Working:

• Wifi
  • RIL (mobile network & data)
  • GPS
  • Bluetooth (& bt-tethering?)
  • Audio (playback/input/routing/headphones/etc)
  • Camera (photos, camcorder & panorama)
  • Hardware acceleration and OpenGL rendering
  • Hardware video decoding & encoding
  • SD card
  • USB-storage & adb
  • USB-tethering
  • Wifi-tethering
  • Touchscreen/multi-touch
  • Sensors
  • LEDs
  • FM radio

Not working:
    • ???

Sources:

[*]CyanogenMod team & everyone who's been working on CM10.1

First thanks a lot for great rom. Please do not post rom on hotfile it does not have resume capability. people like me (from india) still use 2G internet on mobile which has very low speed and may disconnect while downloading. mediafire was great.

Guest matcho13579

@KonstaT: I noticed a little bug (see screenshots), but it's kind of bug I can live with :D

It's happening everytime I lock and unlock my phone. Firstly it's centered and then it's aligned on the right and it's always switching like that...

post-860185-13687099551633_thumb.jpg

post-860185-13687099897245_thumb.jpg

Edited by matcho13579

Guest Ginginox

Hi guys, I'm on CM7 but I'm curious to try this rom because I read a lot of good reviews and replies.

So, how much is stable for a daily use?

Guest Schwedenbitter

Thanks for your advice - all of you. And thank you for this wonderful 4.2 ROM.

It works fine on my Blade. I'm also using simple2ext jb42 from the second page of this topic.Until now it works just perfect. But anyway I have a question:

ClockWorkMode Recovery 5.0.2.0 doesn't make a backup of /sd-ext anymore. Everytime I try a new backup it keeps telling me

"Could not mount sd-ext. sd-ext backup may not be supported on this device. Skipping backup of sd-ext.

Generating md5 sum..."

What does that mean?

I've changed the partitions with TPT Helper prior to the upgrade from 10.0 (4.1.2) to 10.1 (4.2.2). But I had the same version of ClockworkMod Recovery on that Phone before.

Thanks for any ideas, Alex

Guest emotty

Hi guys, I'm on CM7 but I'm curious to try this rom because I read a lot of good reviews and replies.

So, how much is stable for a daily use?

for me its been rock solid ... there are a few minor things that annoy some people,but maybe the only issue i have from time to time is it can get laggy sometimes for a few seconds after turning on,i just wait a few seconds and its fine :D and it doesnt do that all the time ... i have lockscreen disabled,maybe that doesnt help ?

i had been searching for a rom that lasted a long time on battery,looked good,worked well and had lots of settings to play with .. this is it :wub: