[DEV][ROM][24.7.] CyanogenMod 10.1 (Android 4.2.2)

Guest KonstaT

Guest dreis911

1) Where can i find advanced tweaks i had in 7.2

2) Is there a way to go back to the old task switcher?

3) How to i boot into recovery and can i get back the old way (hold down power button and it would show up as "boot to recovery". Right now i have installed rom manager but that is a pain :)

4) how do i force apps not to use app2sd as i use link2sd.

1. Go to Settings => About phone => tap 7 times on "Build number". Go back to Settings and you'll see them.

2. Not that I know of. Only with an App.

3. After the step 1 you'll be a "Developer". So go to "Developer options" and enable "Advanced reboot". When you try to Reboot, Recovery will appear.

4. This ROM has no App2SD.

Guest peetu20

Can anyone get the new Opera Browser to work? I just get a corrupted screen then it force-closes. It could be that I'm low on storage I guess.

I can but its about slowest browser I ever used, so give up with it.

Guest peetu20

I am experiecing strange reboots, about 1 or 2 in day :(

The phone reboots when I am using it, it just rebooted when it was plugged to my PC, coz I was modding and used adb. Strangest thing is that when it reboot randomly, it jumps to boot animation, I cannot see the android guy at the boot screen. So it seems that phone doesnt completely reboot,, any help?

Ps. I am not overclocking, or playing with perfomance settings, so help would be appreciated :)

Guest dreis911

Can anyone get the new Opera Browser to work? I just get a corrupted screen then it force-closes. It could be that I'm low on storage I guess.

I can but its about slowest browser I ever used, so give up with it.

Have you tried Opera Mini?

I am experiecing strange reboots, about 1 or 2 in day :(

The phone reboots when I am using it, it just rebooted when it was plugged to my PC, coz I was modding and used adb. Strangest thing is that when it reboot randomly, it jumps to boot animation, I cannot see the android guy at the boot screen. So it seems that phone doesnt completely reboot,, any help?

Ps. I am not overclocking, or playing with perfomance settings, so help would be appreciated :)

I experienced that a few weeks ago... I just did nothing at all and the problem just went away (it cured itself! :P )

With this latest ROM... no problems whatsoever. (I always wipe dalvik and cache and format \system)

Guest peetu20

Have you tried Opera Mini?

No, its slow too, and scrolling lags, and it does not fit pages well. Stock is the best browser I think

I experienced that a few weeks ago... I just did nothing at all and the problem just went away (it cured itself! :P )

With this latest ROM... no problems whatsoever. (I always wipe dalvik and cache and format \system)

Okay, I will try to wait, coding and hacking may cause reboots too, coz I am always modding my mods with blade(Its my test toy)

Ps. Flashed latest update again, maybe it helps :)

Guest silverchair

Hi guys,

Sorry if this question has been answered already, I could not find it. Can I remove the pie controls easily prior flashing the update that contains them i.e. deleting some .jar or .apk from the zip or it requires more changes?

Guest raizor6th

Hi guys..

I am experiencing a problem with the lock screen sometimes when i tried to wake my device it just freeze with the lockscreen and it become unusable the only way to turn it back is by rebooting my device. It happens when i am downloading something from the internet.

Does anybody had the same problem with mine?

Thanks.

Guest spinozagr

I had installed the latest version of this great ROM. Suddenly, I got the error: Can't connect to the camera. I tried reflash the ROM with a clean flashing (full wipe, cache, factory, dalvik) but nothing.

i also flashed an older ROM (SS RLS7) and still the same problem.

What do you propose? Did my camera died?

Guest KonstaT

Thanks both, ill put my efforts into disabling it, i dont really like the animation :P

Well, if you don't have problem with decompiling framework or building from source there's a simple boolean to trigger screen off animation.

Sorry if this question has been answered already, I could not find it. Can I remove the pie controls easily prior flashing the update that contains them i.e. deleting some .jar or .apk from the zip or it requires more changes?

No, and better question would be why on earth would you want to do that? It's not like someone is forcing you to use it! Use Settings -> System -> Pie controls to enable/disable it.

I had installed the latest version of this great ROM. Suddenly, I got the error: Can't connect to the camera. I tried reflash the ROM with a clean flashing (full wipe, cache, factory, dalvik) but nothing.

i also flashed an older ROM (SS RLS7) and still the same problem.

What do you propose? Did my camera died?

Sounds like a hardware issue.

Guest silverchair

No, and better question would be why on earth would you want to do that? It's not like someone is forcing you to use it! Use Settings -> System -> Pie controls to enable/disable it.

To keep the system partition as unoccupied as possible (I don't use move2sd etc apps). Moreover I really like a clean Android withoit any additional goodness added to it, be it CM or not.

Edited by silverchair

Guest elrond_bs

I can't imagine how turning it off is not enough. It shouldn't take much space as it's just some lines of code (otherwise it wouldn't fit in 160 MB). This is CM, using it means you are far from "clean" Android ... which is good, because you have much more options. :)

Guest dreis911

To keep the system partition as unoccupied as possible (I don't use move2sd etc apps). Moreover I really like a clean Android withoit any additional goodness added to it, be it CM or not.

You're confusing the \data partition with the \system partition:

\system partition is not a storage you can use. It's where the system is!.. and the empty space that the ROM doesn't fill you wont be able to use!

And more:

"move2sd" or any other Apps like that, move the Apps from the \data to the SD card. So, this kind of Apps don't deal with \system.

Guest alexepl

but you can always flash a tpt with a 140 mb of system partition (and more data partition!) if you're aible to reduce the size of latinIME.apk and other stuff like that!

Guest silverchair

but you can always flash a tpt with a 140 mb of system partition (and more data partition!) if you're aible to reduce the size of latinIME.apk and other stuff like that!

This was exactly my point, I've been able to keep the system to 140 so far, but I don't see this happening with the latest version. What else could I get rid off to keep up to 140 MB system partition?

Guest dreis911

This was exactly my point, I've been able to keep the system to 140 so far, but I don't see this happening with the latest version. What else could I get rid off to keep up to 140 MB system partition?

Have you...

trimmed the "LatinIME.apk"?

deleted the "bootanimation.zip"?

deleted sounds you don't use?

deleted unused GApps? "Picotts.apk", "VoiceDialer.apk", "QuickSearckBox.apk", "Term.apk", "LiveWallpapersPicker.apk", "Email2.apk", "Effem.apk", "BasicDreams.apk", "SoundRecorder.apk", "CMFileManager.apk" is a bit large there are ones way smaller. (I don't know which ones you don't use)

Edited by dreis911

Guest elrond_bs

The ROM can be easily trimmed below 140. You don't need to keep apps like Email, Terminal Emulator, ect. in system, even if you need them. Just extract and install them as normal apps.

I don't recommend deleting LiveWallpapersPicker.apk, except if you are sure you will never use Live Wallpapers.

Guest Superfuzz

The ROM can be easily trimmed below 140. You don't need to keep apps like Email, Terminal Emulator, ect. in system, even if you need them. Just extract and install them as normal apps.

I don't recommend deleting LiveWallpapersPicker.apk, except if you are sure you will never use Live Wallpapers.

This should be added as a note somewhere on the 1st page, I wouldn't re-partition if I knew that :P

Guest elrond_bs

It's for advanced users, otherwise you can cut something that you might need or mess something. And if you have problems with a trimmed version, you can't complain here, because you might have caused them by deleting something. That's why it's recommended to use the full version. ;)

Edited by elrond_bs

Guest bble

Thanks for the great ROM.

I found two problems:

1. Camera doesn't work. Error is "Can't connect to camera"

2. MTP and PTP modes don't work, when USB is connected in these modes, nothing happens, Windows7-64bit doesn't see any hardware.

Camera also doesn't work when using

• OUK_P729BV1.0.0B20 (Orange San Francisco stock ROM)
  • cm-7.2.0-blade (also tried CM7pacth-by-burstlam camera patch without success)
  • Swedish-Snow-RLS7

Camera works when using:

• OUK_P729BV1.0.0B08-update-stock-blade-unsigned (Orange San Francisco stock ROM)

I haven't tried other ROMs.

/proc/config.gz and dmesg from the working stock ROM and CM10.1 are attached.

Phone spec:

Model: Orange San Francisco White GEN1

LCD Information:

IC:HX8369

Glass:TRULY

Resolution:480*800

TouchScreen Information:

touchscreen module

name :synaptics

i2c addresss :0x22

IC type :2000 series

firmware version :TM1541

moudule:synaptics+TPK

WIFI Information:

Device manufacturing:Atheros

Model Number:AR6002

BT Information:

BTS4025

Camera Information:

ID:0x2682

Name:MT9T112-3.0Mp-AF

Flash Information:

SAMSUNG 4G NAND

There're errors in dmesg.cm-10.1-20130514-KonstaKANG-blade.txt

[74: mt9t11x_wq]msm_i2c msm_i2c.0: (007a) Error during data xfer (-5)

[74: mt9t11x_wq]msm_sync_init: failed to initialize mt9t11x

[74: mt9t11x_wq]mt9t11x_workqueue: rc != -ENOINIT

Should I try replacing libcamera.so, libcameraservice.so and liboemcamera.so with the ones from the working ROM? If not, what's the best thing I should try?

config.cm-10.1-20130514-KonstaKANG-blade.txt

dmesg.cm-10.1-20130514-KonstaKANG-blade.txt

config.P729BV1.0.0B08.txt

dmesg.P729BV1.0.0B08.txt

Edited by bble