[DEV][ROM][24.7.] CyanogenMod 10.1 (Android 4.2.2)

Guest KonstaT

Guest GuillermoD

I find this rom quite unstable. My Blade reboots randomly, sometimes several times a day. How would I go about finding out what is causing this?

Guest Schwedenbitter

I'm using this ROM on two Blades and they work just perfect for me. Thanks a lot for your efforts again.

So I just have a general question, which has to do with the first pages, where the current releases are described. I also have a ZTE Skate and I'm looking for a working ROM based on Android 4.2.2. The best I could found keep telling me, that some sort of things will never work due to the CPU of that phone. The description says for instance "no Voice input (because of armv6)". I'm wondering why I never read such thing with the Blades. I thought they would have the same CPU (armv6). This would mean to me, that voice input shouldn't be working with the Blades either. I never used this. So please don't tell me just to work it out.

Am I wrong?

Would voice input work with Blade but not with Skate? If so, why?

Thanks for answering.

Alex

Guest elrond_bs

I don't know about Skate, but Voice Input works for Blade. Google Now is what's not fully working (most likely that's what they meant by Voice Input). For it to work you should never start it from any other place, than Voice search in app drawer - after each search, you close it and start from Voice search again. Also it can't be updated. It's for ARM7 and can't be adapted for ARM6, because it's closed source proprietary app.

Guest Schwedenbitter

Thanks a lot for that explaining answer. As I already wrote, it's not important for me, until I never used this feature. I'm just wondering, why other ROM creators classify it as non working, others don't even mention it.

... It's for ARM7 and can't be adapted for ARM6, because it's closed source proprietary app.

This is a little bit confusing for me: You say it's for ARM7 and can't be adapted for ARM6. But the Blades are ARM6, aren't they?

Guest peetu20

I find this rom quite unstable. My Blade reboots randomly, sometimes several times a day. How would I go about finding out what is causing this?

Reflash

Konsta can you build a new version with the privacy guard feature? :)

KonstaT has said week ago that latest build is final, why to add something unneeded to ROM, which works perfectly? If we would add privacy guard to this ROM, it wont even fit to 160mb system partition.

Thanks a lot for that explaining answer. As I already wrote, it's not important for me, until I never used this feature. I'm just wondering, why other ROM creators classify it as non working, others don't even mention it.

This is a little bit confusing for me: You say it's for ARM7 and can't be adapted for ARM6. But the Blades are ARM6, aren't they?

Yes, both blades are armv6, but it cant be adapted, because source code is not avaible public, its closed, and we will propably never get fully working voice search to armv6 devices(Ace, Blade, Skate,,,) Edited by peetu20

Guest fileek

But you contradict a little bit here. Ace and Blade are armv6, but Skate has 800mhz armv7 CPU.... (sorry if im wrong, it should be since it is MSM7227A, but i dont know if there are some different versions)

But you contradict a little bit here. Ace and Blade are armv6, but Skate has 800mhz armv7 CPU.... (sorry if im wrong, it should be since it is MSM7227A, but i dont know if there are some different versions)

Skate is armv6 :-P

Guest fileek

Skate is armv6 :-P

Wierd phone, somewhere it says armv6 and somewhere armv7... I think, if it has MSM7227A chipset, it should be armv7... Blade has MSM7227 without A and is armv6..

Guest KonstaT

Can anyone post the framework.jar with disabled scrolling cache ?

This is not gingerbread if you haven't noticed.

KonstaT , Can you please share the adhoc patch? I'm planning to compile it into my room :) thanks in advance.

Nothing to share that I haven't already shared.

Does anyone have previous builds like 4.1 or 4.0.4? Mine is unstable with 5.14.

And today it won't boot, and switch battery no longer works like before.

I'd like to switch back to older builds If I got it back :wacko:

Please let me know if you have a copy, thank you.

Those are not previous builds - those are previous Android versions! No need/support for older builds anyway. Everything works fine with the one in the OP. Only use builds that you find in the first post of this thread.

Konsta can you build a new version with the privacy guard feature? :)

Why don't you make one yourself? There's instructions in the third post...

Honestly I haven't even made a Blade build since the one I released. I have no idea what kind of ARMv6 sh*t storm would be in store for that (or in the perfect world everything would work just fine :P). I also have a lot of local wip stuff for another device that would break here anyway. We'll see if I get any of that sorted/cleaned/reverted anytime soon. Maybe next month, can't promise anything though.

CM10.1.0 has now reached stable status and they're moving on with CM10.1.1. After a few weeks of slower pace they're again starting to merge new features. It probably isn't the best time for a release anyway if you don't want something experimental at best. I don't use my Blade for anything really and if I release something it's going to be mostly untested anyway. I'm not sure that I'm fully comfortable with that.

ZTE Skate has MSM7227T (T for turbo ;)) chipset. Same ARMv6 CPU "overclocked" to 800mhz.

Guest Schwedenbitter

ZTE Skate has MSM7227T (T for turbo ;)) chipset. Same ARMv6 CPU "overclocked" to 800mhz.

I'm overclocking my Skate to 902 MHz. It runs stable this way for years.

So. Does that mean, it should be possible to overclock the Blade to at least 800 or even 900 MHz either? I'm afraid of killing the CPU. That's why I never tried ...

Guest KonstaT

So. Does that mean, it should be possible to overclock the Blade to at least 800 or even 900 MHz either? I'm afraid of killing the CPU. That's why I never tried ...

Most definitely not. I guess that's why overclocked was inside scare quotes... ;)

Guest agpoli

No, the SoC in our Blade was made on a different, 'unmature' process, MSM7227T is an optimised version that allows to clock higher. You'll never reach stable 900 MHz with an MSM7227.

Guest dreis911

No, the SoC in our Blade was made on a different, 'unmature' process, MSM7227T is an optimised version that allows to clock higher. You'll never reach stable 900 MHz with an MSM7227.

Yes, some won't even reach the 800MHz!

Yesterday, I tried the 745MHz and my Blade went crazy :blink: so I set it to 710MHz again... and it's been this way for about a year.

About ZTE Skate:

It uses (like KonstaT mentioned) the "old" MSM7227 (ARMv6) running at 800MHz also called MSM7227T.

The MSM7227A is a different SoC and is "ARMv7".

Check it here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Snapdragon_%28system_on_chip%29

Guest KonstaT

Since CM 10.1 has reached stable state would you be in the mood for building an up-to-date ROM KonstaT?

Yeah, I promise it will happen on the day people stop asking dumb sh*t that was already answered only few posts up. So I guess chances that happening are pretty much nonexistent. ;)

I don't do builds from tags. Current cm-10.1 branch is already way ahead of what it was when 'stable' builds were made. This is an unofficial port anyway so it makes absolutely no difference what the current status is on official CM.

Guest wuiwu

Yeah, I promise it will happen on the day people stop asking dumb sh*t that was already answered only few posts up. So I guess chances that happening are pretty much nonexistent. ;)

I don't do builds from tags. Current cm-10.1 branch is already way ahead of what it was when 'stable' builds were made. This is an unofficial port anyway so it makes absolutely no difference what the current status is on official CM.

but ROM doesn't have Privacy Guard。

Appriciate for what you are doing for v880.Thanks dude

Guest KonstaT

but ROM doesn't have Privacy Guard。

Appriciate for what you are doing for v880.Thanks dude

And so what? Neither does the CM10.1.0 stable on official CM devices.

For about the millionth time. Do it yourself. DIY or die! ;) There's even instructions in the third post... It's always been open source for a reason.

I already gave a proper polite answer to this once and I see no reason why I need to repeat this over and over again. Seriously, why should I do anything for people who are too lazy/ignorant to do anything for themselves or even too lazy to read for that matter. I get absolutely nothing from doing it (other than the occasional sh*t I get on internet message boards ;)).

Honestly I haven't even made a Blade build since the one I released. I have no idea what kind of ARMv6 sh*t storm would be in store for that (or in the perfect world everything would work just fine :P). I also have a lot of local wip stuff for another device that would break here anyway. We'll see if I get any of that sorted/cleaned/reverted anytime soon. Maybe next month, can't promise anything though.

CM10.1.0 has now reached stable status and they're moving on with CM10.1.1. After a few weeks of slower pace they're again starting to merge new features. It probably isn't the best time for a release anyway if you don't want something experimental at best. I don't use my Blade for anything really and if I release something it's going to be mostly untested anyway. I'm not sure that I'm fully comfortable with that.

Guest peetu20

Bluetooth isn't connecting to my other Android

Could you guys please read?IF you read some older posts, you can see that theres many solutions to get it working mostly. Its just bit tricky to get it working, but yeah, its working stil. As KonstaT says, this rom is for advanced users only, so if you want fully working rom, go to cm10, it has 100% working bt, and no need to play with tricks.