[DEV][ROM][24.7.] CyanogenMod 10.1 (Android 4.2.2)

Guest KonstaT

Guest johnnyponny

Followed all the instructions for building it but I got this error when running brunch blade. I'm building it in another directory than the home folder. I did follow all the instructions and searched for the error but didn't find something that helped me.

brunch blade

including vendor/cm/vendorsetup.sh

Trying dependencies-only mode on a non-existing device tree?

============================================

PLATFORM_VERSION_CODENAME=REL

PLATFORM_VERSION=4.2.2

CM_VERSION=10.1-20130626-UNOFFICIAL-blade

TARGET_PRODUCT=cm_blade

TARGET_BUILD_VARIANT=userdebug

TARGET_BUILD_TYPE=release

TARGET_BUILD_APPS=

TARGET_ARCH=arm

TARGET_ARCH_VARIANT=armv6-vfp

HOST_ARCH=x86

HOST_OS=linux

HOST_OS_EXTRA=Linux-3.8.0-19-generic-x86_64-with-LinuxMint-15-olivia

HOST_BUILD_TYPE=release

BUILD_ID=JDQ39E

OUT_DIR=/media/hemma/HDD/cm-10.1/out

make: *** No rule to make target `bacon'.  Stop.

Guest wakeup12

I also asked about downgrading on my previous post and they recommended reflashing. Now it is working like a charm!

Regarding to self building:

I followed the instructions, but even though now it has downloaded more than 9GB, why I cannot see any files inside clone dir? Actually is there any easier way to complete translations or do I need to download everything? I mean how can I download only string.xml files?

Guest KonstaT

Followed all the instructions for building it but I got this error when running brunch blade. I'm building it in another directory than the home folder. I did follow all the instructions and searched for the error but didn't find something that helped me.

brunch blade
PLATFORM_VERSION=4.2.2
TARGET_PRODUCT=cm_blade
TARGET_BUILD_APPS=
TARGET_ARCH=arm
HOST_ARCH=x86
HOST_OS=linux
HOST_BUILD_TYPE=release
BUILD_ID=JDQ39E
make: *** No rule to make target `bacon'. Stop.
[/CODE]

LTS versions of Ubuntu are the de facto standard for building Android as instructed in initializing a build environment. Sure you can use other distros but it's up to you to hunt down the required packages and prepare the build environment. Are you sure you have installed all required build tools/packages on your computer? Can you make a build for some other device?

I also asked about downgrading on my previous post and they recommended reflashing. Now it is working like a charm!

Regarding to self building:

I followed the instructions, but even though now it has downloaded more than 9GB, why I cannot see any files inside clone dir? Actually is there any easier way to complete translations or do I need to download everything? I mean how can I download only string.xml files?

I think it's close to ~15GB. You'll have .repo directory but the files are not checked out until the end. You can download/view individual files on e.g. github. Don't know what you'd do with a single strings.xml though.

Guest johnnyponny

LTS versions of Ubuntu are the de facto standard for building Android as instructed in initializing a build environment. Sure you can use other distros but it's up to you to hunt down the required packages and prepare the build environment. Are you sure you have installed all required build tools/packages on your computer? Can you make a build for some other device?

I think it's close to ~15GB. You'll have .repo directory but the files are not checked out until the end. You can download/view individual files on e.g. github. Don't know what you'd do with a single strings.xml though.

Jup I did the section installing all the packages and as far as I know Mint is built on Ubuntu so it should have good compability. Do you think it's a package that's missing?

Guest 劉楓爻

brunch blade

PLATFORM_VERSION=4.2.2

TARGET_PRODUCT=cm_blade

TARGET_BUILD_APPS=

TARGET_ARCH=arm

HOST_ARCH=x86

HOST_OS=linux

HOST_BUILD_TYPE=release

BUILD_ID=JDQ39E

make: *** No rule to make target `bacon'. Stop.

maybe missed 'Makefile' file on the root of source directory ? just a guess.

Edited by 劉楓爻

Guest ty_hot

Thanks for all the work so far, sad we will not get any more updates.

And lets be honest, nobody was even expecting Blade to have ICS, we have it running amazingly well (Eco CM9) and also CM10 and CM10.1 working really well (ofc with some problems but still good).

Time to move for a new phone, sadly.

Guest KonstaT

Jup I did the section installing all the packages and as far as I know Mint is built on Ubuntu so it should have good compability. Do you think it's a package that's missing?

Idk, never had such issue but you're certainly missing something. Check that local manifest are in ./repo/local_manifests/. Check that zte device/kernel/vendor trees are populated according to manifests. Do 'repo sync' again just to make sure that everything has been picked up.

Did you try making a build for some other device (e.g. 'brunch mako')? If you can make a build for any device then you haven't set up your build environment properly.

Guest Kazekage Gaara

Just now upgraded to the latest build of this rom, and it's working GREAT with CronMod-INT2EXT+ :D

Thanx a lot KonstaT for your hard work. Really appreciate it :)

Guest sej7278

konstat, have you got a list of the gerrit patches to be applied these days - working through the changelog is not very clear as to which ones are even relevant anymore, obviously your ones included in the build from github make sense.

Guest KonstaT

konstat, have you got a list of the gerrit patches to be applied these days - working through the changelog is not very clear as to which ones are even relevant anymore, obviously your ones included in the build from github make sense.

Hmm, I don't think there's any patches that you _must_ have. I haven't done a Blade build in about 6 weeks so I don't if there's something else broken atm (just made one, about to test it ;)).

This is needed to flip screen off animation. This is needed for FM radio. That's all I can think of.

Guest KonstaT

New build. This build is mostly untested and there might (or might not :P) be some unexpected issues. ROM and gapps from the first post still seem to fit 160mb /system but only barely (159,7mb).

cm-10.1-20130703-KonstaKANG-blade.zip

https://hotfile.com/...-blade.zip.html

md:bf3aa5b47ea10402157820b12e9aec08

-fix native bluetooth tethering (thanks to zeelog)

-reclaim some RAM from triple buffer (thanks to plaguedbypenguins)

-CM10.1.1

Guest wakeup12

New build. This build is mostly untested and there might (or might not :P) be some unexpected issues. ROM and gapps from the first post still seem to fit 160mb /system but only barely (159,7mb).

cm-10.1-20130703-KonstaKANG-blade.zip

https://hotfile.com/...-blade.zip.html

md:bf3aa5b47ea10402157820b12e9aec08

-fix native bluetooth tethering (thanks to zeelog)

-reclaim some RAM from triple buffer (thanks to plaguedbypenguins)

-CM10.1.1

You are great! :) Thanks a lot

Guest dreis911

Thanks a lot KonstaT.

Wipe cache and dalvik?

Guest sej7278

Hmm, I don't think there's any patches that you _must_ have. I haven't done a Blade build in about 6 weeks so I don't if there's something else broken atm (just made one, about to test it ;)).

This is needed to flip screen off animation. This is needed for FM radio. That's all I can think of.

thanks, i might have a go, been months since i even looked at android hacking. and yes, storage space is getting fecking tight on the blade.

Guest Fikoblin

Could someone help me to make this rom as smallest as possible, without making new bugs? I already deleted Talk, Email2.apk (I use Gmail), boot animation and all dictionaries in LatinIME (I use Swype). I don't use Google Now, and Voice Search, so if it won't make some errors, I would like to delete it as well, but I don't know which files it is. What else can I delete?

Edited by Fikoblin

Guest KonstaT

What's with the 10.1.1?

what s special in 10.1.1 ?

Version number was bumped to CM10.1.1 after CM10.1.0 stable was released. After the stable release they've again started to merge new features (e.g. privacy guard, quick settings camera tile, options to disable lockscreen widgets, etc).

Guest johnnyjoe

Hi! Thanks again for your amazing effort and work, KonstaT! : )

I'm having trouble updating from the last build.

I've tried with no wipes, but no luck. After that, I restored my backup, and tried with dalvik wipe. No luck again. Both times I got an error saying "we're sorry, but the com.android.phone process was interrupted" - I've translated that from Portuguese, hope it's fine.

I did all wipes and a clean install, but then I've got trouble restoring all my apps with Titanium Backup.

I wish I could upgrade to this new build without having to do a clean installation. Can someone help?

By the way, I'm using Int2Ext - and I did the wipe dalvik using the proper Int2Ext zip.

Cheers! : )

X

Guest coolizard

I've tried with no wipes, but no luck. After that, I restored my backup, and tried with dalvik wipe. No luck again. Both times I got an error saying "we're sorry, but the com.android.phone process was interrupted" - I've translated that from Portuguese, hope it's fine.

The com.android.phone error occurs when there is no SIM card. Could be your case?