[DEV][ROM][24.7.] CyanogenMod 10.1 (Android 4.2.2)

Guest KonstaT

Guest mrcake

Thanks for the update Konstat! I would of ditched my blade ages ago if it werent for you still chucking out updates for it :)

Anyone have a different link for the new gapps? damn hotfile and its download limits :(

Guest MSuomi

When I was doing TPT for the first time, it didn't work too. Just keep trying over and over (remember to press all three keys at once)

Let's say, that I have tried it between 15-20 times, with 3 different SDs... If it hasn't worked yet, it never will :D

Guest dreis911

Couple of small updates.

Updated Gapps package. ROM + Gapps from the first post should again fit to 160mb /system.

gapps-jb42-20130805-KonstaKANG.zip

https://hotfile.com/...taKANG.zip.html

md5:680e41c4744c4b300aac52683acd05d2

-removed Talk (it was replaced by Hangouts anyway)

-latest Google Play (4.2.9)

-newer Google Search (2.1.12.516912) but nowhere near the latest though

Here's ARMv6 build of CyanogenMod's new camera app, Focal. It is still considered alpha and you can easily crash it by simply 'doing it wrong'. Irony is that it seems to work better here than on my 'better' devices. :P

CyanogenMod-Focal-ARMv6.zip

https://hotfile.com/...-ARMv6.zip.html

md5:2355f8df6dc0d06e4bfe21e08e99a022

Although I don't use Search, I use Play.

Thanks KonstaT.

I only detected updates in "GoogleNowVoiceSearch", "Phonesky" and "QuickSearchBox". Am I correct?

The Focal ARMv6.zip is flashable or is it an APK? tia

Edited by dreis911

Guest stagas

Thanks KonstaT!

I've been using your rom a while and I have to say that it's better than ever!

@ dreis911, just flash after gapps and it is done :)

@ KonstaT, I've installed your latest gapps and I still have the Talk.. It was really removed?

Thanks again!

Guest dreis911

Thanks KonstaT!

I've been using your rom a while and I have to say that it's better than ever!

@ dreis911, just flash after gapps and it is done :)

@ KonstaT, I've installed your latest gapps and I still have the Talk.. It was really removed?

Thanks again!

Thanks stagas.

Yes, "Talk" is not inside the zip file.

You must already had it.

To remove it you must run a explorer that can Write the \system partition and delete it manually.

Or, you can format \system and install everything again.

Guest KonstaT

Although I don't use Search, I use Play.

I only detected updates in "GoogleNowVoiceSearch", "Phonesky" and "QuickSearchBox". Am I correct?

The Focal ARMv6.zip is flashable or is it an APK? tia

Yes, and removed Talk.apk

Yes. You'll need ~11mb free space in /system.

Yes, from the gapps package. It doesn't remove it from your device's /system partition though. Formatting /system, re-installing ROM + gapps from the first post does.

Guest dreis911

Yes, and removed Talk.apk

Yes. You'll need ~11mb free space in /system.

Hey KonstaT... Thanks for the quick reply. You're the man! ;) :)

Guest merdo84

hi konstat I'm facing with camera proplem ; your rom's camera is not working properly on my blade its showing lanes and very laggy and I cant take video with camera ... do you have any fix for me? ( camera and video recording working perfect on Swedish snow and gb miui2 rom )

AND THANK YOU FOR YOUR GREAT WORK

Edited by merdo84

Guest bodybra

hi konstat I'm facing with camera proplem ; your rom's camera is not working properly on my blade its showing lanes and very laggy and I cant take video with camera ... do you have any fix for me? ( camera and video recording working perfect on Swedish snow and gb miui2 rom )

AND THANK YOU FOR YOUR GREAT WORK

Do you overclock the CPU?

Guest elrond_bs

I strongly advise you not to install any Android after 4.0.x on 256MB RAM! Even 512MB are not enough for Jelly Bean, especially on slow phone like ours, 256MB would be disaster. Try Eco CM9 (4.0.4) instead or Swedish Snow (2.3).

Guest yadayada

Couple of small updates.

Updated Gapps package. ROM + Gapps from the first post should again fit to 160mb /system.

gapps-jb42-20130805-KonstaKANG.zip

https://hotfile.com/...taKANG.zip.html

md5:680e41c4744c4b300aac52683acd05d2

-removed Talk (it was replaced by Hangouts anyway)

-latest Google Play (4.2.9)

-newer Google Search (2.1.12.516912) but nowhere near the latest though

Hi,

First of all congrats for the ROM, very impressive.

I have a quick question.

Let's say I want to install the old Google Talk app (I don't like the new hangouts).

I've extracted the file Talk.apk from gapps-jb-20130301-signed.zip (http://goo.im/gapps/), and tried to manually install (as any other apk that is installed on /data/, selecting the apk on the file manager). Android tries to install, but it is unable to do so (I've activated the option to install from unknown sources).

Is there any special trick that I'm missing?

Cheers.

Guest peetu20

Hi,

First of all congrats for the ROM, very impressive.

I have a quick question.

Let's say I want to install the old Google Talk app (I don't like the new hangouts).

I've extracted the file Talk.apk from gapps-jb-20130301-signed.zip (http://goo.im/gapps/), and tried to manually install (as any other apk that is installed on /data/, selecting the apk on the file manager). Android tries to install, but it is unable to do so (I've activated the option to install from unknown sources).

Is there any special trick that I'm missing?

Cheers.

Just get rootexloper, and copypaste Talk.apk to /system/app, and remember to give it same permissions as other apps in that foldef have. At least remove hangouts.apk(If you have installed it) and reboot.

Guest yadayada

Just get rootexloper, and copypaste Talk.apk to /system/app, and remember to give it same permissions as other apps in that foldef have. At least remove hangouts.apk(If you have installed it) and reboot.

Thanks, but the idea was to avoid installing in /system/, when using the latest rom version on a 160 MB partition, there's only 796 KB available. Talk.apk is 1.2 MB.

That's why I was trying to install on /data.

Guest dreis911

Thanks, but the idea was to avoid installing in /system/, when using the latest rom version on a 160 MB partition, there's only 796 KB available. Talk.apk is 1.2 MB.

That's why I was trying to install on /data.

Trim the ROM (remove/reduce any component) or the GApps and insert the "Talk" in the GApps or

do what peetu20 told you after trimming what's inside the /system.

Some Google Apps are not installable.

Guest splendidman

hey,i am new to android and im still learning how this rooting works,soo my question is do i need to root my blade 3 to update to 4.2.2 or i can install it without rooting.

Guest merdo84

hey,i am new to android and im still learning how this rooting works,soo my question is do i need to root my blade 3 to update to 4.2.2 or i can install it without rooting.

You are writing in wrong section ! Go and write in blade 3 rom topic Still Ididnt get any solution :S :

camera is not working properly on my blade its showing lanes and very laggy and I cant take video with camera on cm 9-10-10.1 ( gb roms are working but jb and ics roms are not )

Edited by merdo84

Guest RusselM

Maybe one unrelated ROM question (because I think it's the gapps),

but why can't I send an sms larger then 2 files?

Also certain characters (such as ï and ë) are being read as 20 or more characters.

Last but not least, sometimes I don't get a picture via mms.

Hope somebody can explain this to me.

Pretty sure it isn't the ROM though!

Thanks!

Guest Master One

Can anybody tell, what can safely be removed from that ROM?

I don't use any other than the default theme, I use my own wallpaper and ringtone/notification sounds, no GAPPS installed, no E-Mail or Calendar (which require GAPPS). Just curious how much it can be trimmed down without loosing basic functionality.

Hello. I was using the latest 3rd update from KonstaT and everything seemed alright. Few weeks ago i installed the 24.7 version on my friends blade, everything worked fine but he said the battery lasts alot less. I though it was weird, but then again he uses his Blade alot so it could be normal.

Yesterday, i installed de 24.7 version on mine. Did a clean install with everything wiped. Installed the new gapps, Focal, and int2ext+. I also deleted some dictionaries to trim the rom size.

Turns out, i had HUGE battery drop. I charged my Blade last night (around 14 hours ago), didn't really use wireless or played anygame (i don't even have one installed!), but when i wokeup the Blade was turned off, completely brained of battery! The battery stats reports screen to be the main problem (which is not true i guess... i was sleeping -.- and used it a bit before i went to sleep, nothing special though). Voice calls seems the 2nd problem with a duration of 25 mins.

But everything seems correct on my end, i am using 2G to save battery, everything is set as it used to be. I can't figure out what's happening.

Can anyone help me?

Guest johndorian22

Hello.

Thank you all for your input and your hard work, specially to Konstat.

¿Anyone knows how can I disable flip and shake to snooze?

Sometimes the phone autosnoozes itself.