[DEV][ROM][24.7.] CyanogenMod 10.1 (Android 4.2.2)

Guest KonstaT

youtube app won't play videos, i get "This action isn't allowed" when i run the app, videos say "unsupported video format". They won't play in firefox either but they play in google's browser. Any solutions to this?

Guest peetu20

This rom isnt supported of no one. Bt works fine as long you turn it on from toggle. And this rom will not get updates. As KonstaT says, whining of non-working things isnt allowed!

Guest TheMagician

Hello to everyone!

just a question to anyone.

I've just wasted my time compiling this rom with the linaro tool chain?

I found no differences/ no benefits versus KonstaT ROM!

It is expected?

thank you.

Edited by TheMagician

Guest khizhny

I'm having the same problem with MMS (Portugal). I only can send MMS using Wi-Fi or disabling Data network. I'm having also problems with battery drain with this last ROM. But even with this problems, it's a great ROM! Keep the good and hard work! :)

Once again, thanks KonstaT for the ROM!

Have the same problem as yashin.

I have 2 APNs in my settings. One for Mobile Data and another for MMS. If I delete any of them the other one is working properly. But when I leave both of them I cant send/recieve MMS. Only disabling mobile data can make MMS sending/recieving work. It looks like MMS.apk is using wrong APN to access MMS service.

Does it worth trying to use MMS.apk from different ROM to solve this issue?

Guest Master One

My observation concerning the BT problem:

I usually switch to Flight Mode over night, when I turn off flight mode, BT is not working, and toggling does not help, it keeps telling me that it tries to connect to my BT headset and searching for new devices just does not work (the moving circle does not appear).

The BT headset is the only paired device so far. If I remove the pairing and toggle a few times BT is working again, means it starts searching (the moving circle appears) and I have to pair my headset again.

Guest jessevdijk

using this great rom now for a while, but however i got a problem:

if i turn off my wi-fi, i cant turn it on again, because it get stucks in the middle of the button.

the problem is i got the same problem with other roms (tried eco cm9).

does anybody knows what the problem is and how to solve it?

Guest Hexfire

Re post since I placed it in the wrong forum the first time, should be ok now :P.

Hi. First of all, thanks allot for all the work. I'm using CM 10.1 for a few days now and everything works great.

Well almost everything, which brought me here.

The hardware buttons backlight only stays on for a few seconds and its a bit irritating at night. Is there a way to make it last longer or just have it on all the time when screen is turned on? Like it works on stock ROM. I only found a way to disable the backlight completely.

Edited by Hexfire

Guest elrond_bs

You are in the wrong topic again. Here it's CM10.1 for ZTE Blade 1, not ZTE Blade 3.

Find the ZTE Blade 3 section of the forum and post there. It's entirely different phone.

Edited by elrond_bs

Guest Hexfire

It seems I'm retarded :(

Tnx mate, I posted again, hopefully in the right place now. Damn I feel so embarrassed.

Edited by Hexfire

Guest idleness

Hey, this rom is great and i really enjoy using it, Have been using this rom for quite some time however there is one issue that i have that i hope some body has experienced or knows how to resolve. My phone randomly does not like to deep sleep. When i load better battery stats, it displays that "msm_otg" is a kernal wakelock that is continuously running however even google search doesnt help what app is running to cause this to prevent it to sleep or what it is on this rom. Is anyone able to provide any information on what it could be or how could i fix?

Many thanks for your help in advance

Guest Master One

Well, I had some time to play around with it, but unfortunately this ROM makes it too difficult for me to use my BT headset. One thing with BT being dead every time I switch to Flight Mode and back (requiring endless toggles or unpairing), the other thing that the audio level is way too low (I have set it to max, a call comes in, audio really quiet, headset says it's already max, volume keys on the phone can make it a little louder, but still not loud enough).

So if this CM 10.1 is a no-go for me, what would be the next best recommendation for a ROM of previous version(s) with working BT?

Edited by Master One

Guest Fizziebaunz

Well, I had some time to play around with it, but unfortunately this ROM makes it too difficult for me to use my BT headset. One thing with BT being dead every time I switch to Flight Mode and back (requiring endless toggles or unpairing), the other thing that the audio level is way too low (I have set it to max, a call comes in, audio really quiet, headset says it's already max, volume keys on the phone can make it a little louder, but still not loud enough).

So if this CM 10.1 is a no-go for me, what would be the next best recommendation for a ROM of previous version(s) with working BT?

I don't know if this Bluetooth issue is really a rom problem... though have never paired a Bluetooth headset... I have paired successfully with other phones.... You can try Rootbox by Zeelog before you downgrade.

Guest Master One
I don't know if this Bluetooth issue is really a rom problem... though have never paired a Bluetooth headset... I have paired successfully with other phones.... You can try Rootbox by Zeelog before you downgrade.

It can only be a ROM issue, since I have upgraded to this ROM from an old CM7.2.0 Kang, which had no issues with my BT headset at all. It already has been mentioned, that CM10.1 has issues with BT on the Blade, but it's always only about the on/off toggle. That BT headphone loudness problem is very annoying for me too. Even if I get it louder on one call, it's back to silent on the next call. My headset is a Plantronics Voyager+ btw.

Edited by Master One

Guest Master One
CM10.1 have some problems with Bluetooth on some devices, if it's so important for you - just use CM10 instead.

Yes, as seen in my former posts, it's just too annoying for me, as I never actually use the phone as phone without BT headset. Any recommendation which CM10 to try? Which one do you use?

Yes, as seen in my former posts, it's just too annoying for me, as I never actually use the phone as phone without BT headset. Any recommendation which CM10 to try? Which one do you use?

CM10 by daemond (Konstat's continuation). I'm on it because of bt problems with CM10.1 too

Guest commander_keen

I "updated" from KonstaT's CM9 to CM10.1 (wiped data and cache, so no real update) and I'm surprised that it's way more sluggish. Is it supposed to be normal that scrolling is not fluent, keyboard input is extremely laggy etc. compared to CM9/Android4.0.4?

As CM9 was very fluent, might there be something I could need to/should do to achieve a similar performance?

(not moaning about just a bit of loss, it's a very big difference, e.g. typing text is like hammering on the keyboard and watching the characters to appear, it's really strange)

As CM9 was deprecated for CM10.x, I guess CM10 should offer a similar experience, so I hope I just missed a point.

Thanks for hints/suggestions.

Guest sweet_satan

@commander_keen

My keyboard was also laggy. Turning off pop-up, sound and vibration on key press helped. I also turned off sugestions, auto correction, gesture typing and all the the rest i dont use.

I also dont have any problems with scrolling or laggy response. My settings are 122/604 MHz, SIO scheduler, disabled memory compression.

Sometimes it's getting laggy, like after week or two after last restart. But then i just restart device and it works like charm.

Unlike you i did format system partition before flashing.

btw you just made me want to find and play one of commander keen games :)

Guest Fizziebaunz

I have a problem in this rom.... market shows connection error.... I have tried everything I could think of.... anyone kindly help... am in Kenya using safaricom.

Guest peetu20

I have a problem in this rom.... market shows connection error.... I have tried everything I could think of.... anyone kindly help... am in Kenya using safaricom.

Go to Settings>Apps and find google play, and wipe its data. It just resets your market, so no need to worry that something would happen for your phone. And be sure that you have working internet connection(Go somewhere with browser first)

Guest Fizziebaunz

Go to Settings>Apps and find google play, and wipe its data. It just resets your market, so no need to worry that something would happen for your phone. And be sure that you have working internet connection(Go somewhere with browser first)

Well I have done that.... and after a few minutes... it goes back to the no network... connection error..... signal is full I don't know but with orange line am okay......

Guest peetu20

Well I have done that.... and after a few minutes... it goes back to the no network... connection error..... signal is full I don't know but with orange line am okay......

So whats orange line? Other operator?

Just try to google something with your operator, safaricom. If you cannot access nowhere with it, then problem is in your network connection, not in phone/app/rom itself. Connect to operator service and ask whats wrong.

Guest Fizziebaunz

Orange is another operator.... when I insert the orange sim card.... I automatically receive orange apn configuration.... but with saf I have to do it manually..... of which I have done..... Browsing is fine... downloads too.... via mobile browser or opera mini.... but when I open market... it loads with the pop up..... connection error... I can download apps but I can't add reviews...... browse apps for long.....